Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

FYI I've requested a replacement.

hope you're well maximus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

:glomp:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

:smith:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Sorry to hear that Max.

So, everyone else, since you're here, post some content. Gimme some of those reads. I'm curious.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Max has been replaced by Genex.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hi

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hey Gene! Welcome to the game. I had a bit of a meltdown D1, claimed, Bowmore was killed D1, TNL was killed N1, and that's were we are at.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hi Genex. Now you too get to experience the spectacle of me descending into conspiracy theory (also madness) as I try to find scum.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hi Genex. Now you too get to experience the spectacle of me descending into conspiracy theory (also madness) as I try to find scum.

What if you were the scum all along :thunk:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

If Yami is scum then first post claiming a Miller would be the ballsiest thing I think I've ever seen.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

If Yami is scum then first post claiming a Miller would be the ballsiest thing I think I've ever seen.

idk I think Thunderdoming someone who people had backed off on as being scum was pretty drat ballsy :v:

Really though, while it's ballsy, I don't think it's that out there

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm suspicious of AA, AS, Sal still, I think, And sure, why not, Asiina.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

idk I think Thunderdoming someone who people had backed off on as being scum was pretty drat ballsy :v:

Really though, while it's ballsy, I don't think it's that out there

Are you calling Yami scum? That seems to be your implication with your last two posts.

Also, do you have any updated reads for Day 2?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

Ah yes, I am the scum. Not the person that has a post history shorter than some of single posts of mine.

:v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Are you calling Yami scum? That seems to be your implication with your last two posts.

Also, do you have any updated reads for Day 2?

The flavor Yami quoted from their post as the reasoning for being a miller is suuuper similar to mine and I'm not a miller so I've been wary since the claim, I just didn't say anything before because I wanted to see more of his posting first.

I wish I could confidently say I think he's scum but honestly I'm more wary than anything, though I'd put him above Sal for now. A lot of the things that ping me about Yami's posting can easily be written off as "is used to playing different types of mafia games and is just making bad assumptions based off that experience" and it's hard to filter through that.

As far as new reads, I'm still trying to reparse the thread. I probably should have replaced out when I got sick but I didn't think it would gently caress me up for three days. Yami just stood out to me today.

It doesn't help that there's not even like two pages of posts for this day though.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ah yes, I am the scum. Not the person that has a post history shorter than some of single posts of mine.

:v:

Because trying to drive the conversation while appearing as a leader of scumhunting isn't a common scum tactic at all :rolleyes:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

The flavor Yami quoted from their post as the reasoning for being a miller is suuuper similar to mine and I'm not a miller so I've been wary since the claim, I just didn't say anything before because I wanted to see more of his posting first.

I wish I could confidently say I think he's scum but honestly I'm more wary than anything, though I'd put him above Sal for now. A lot of the things that ping me about Yami's posting can easily be written off as "is used to playing different types of mafia games and is just making bad assumptions based off that experience" and it's hard to filter through that.

As far as new reads, I'm still trying to reparse the thread. I probably should have replaced out when I got sick but I didn't think it would gently caress me up for three days. Yami just stood out to me today.

It doesn't help that there's not even like two pages of posts for this day though.

Because trying to drive the conversation while appearing as a leader of scumhunting isn't a common scum tactic at all :rolleyes:

You know whats a far more common scum tactic? Lurking and saying nothing useful.

Not saying that's exactly what you've been doing, but that's exactly what you've been doing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

You know whats a far more common scum tactic? Lurking and saying nothing useful.

Not saying that's exactly what you've been doing, but that's exactly what you've been doing.

Everything I say is useful

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

Everything I say is useful

Hmm, no.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

Hmmm this is interesting. I'm skeptical that you would have counter-claimable flavor that similar and not have mentioned it immediately if it's that apparent to you. What pings you about Yami's posting? (I know you say it can easily be written off, but I want to hear your thought process.)

As for there not being that many posts today, you know what the solution is to that! :justpost: There's a bunch from Day 1 to comment on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Hmmm this is interesting. I'm skeptical that you would have counter-claimable flavor that similar and not have mentioned it immediately if it's that apparent to you.

Like I said, I wanted to see more of his posting first. If I said it immediately he can just change his posting and I'd get less information out of it. Just look at his last few posts since I said that.

quote:

What pings you about Yami's posting? (I know you say it can easily be written off, but I want to hear your thought process.)

strategy/setup spec based on other games (throne of lies, I guess?), undermining meta reads from people who have played together for a while, calling for a tracker to get a result on sal, and just general posting aggression

quote:

As for there not being that many posts today, you know what the solution is to that! :justpost: There's a bunch from Day 1 to comment on.

I'm trying! I probably should have waited to get home from work but the day is ending tonight and I wanted to at least get the thread moving in some direction again

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

calling for a tracker to get a result on sal

I totally missed this. Yo Yami if anything a watcher would be much more valuable because then we could see who is you know roleblocking the claimed Town Cop.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Trying to call out what power roles should be doing is Not Good, don't do it. At best it's empty content, at worst it's rolefishing. I did miss Yami doing that before.

IcePhoenix (and Sal since you're here), how do you feel about Yami's case on Asiina?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

I totally missed this. Yo Yami if anything a watcher would be much more valuable because then we could see who is you know roleblocking the claimed Town Cop.

Oh was that the role I was looking for? I haven't double checked on the wiki. Thanks. But yes, the big take I'm getting here is that I assuming too many things. Alas. I can only hope I will get a better game sense from experience, but this is my second forum mafia game so it might be a while off yet.

Podima posted:

Trying to call out what power roles should be doing is Not Good, don't do it. At best it's empty content, at worst it's rolefishing. I did miss Yami doing that before.

IcePhoenix (and Sal since you're here), how do you feel about Yami's case on Asiina?

I was kind of stating the obvious there - that knowing who roleblocked our cop would be useful - but yes, I suppose it was empty content. That single line. The case around it had at least some merit, I would argue (even if it ran off way too many assumptions), as I don't fully buy their reasons for the tone change. But, I am giving Sal the benefit of the doubt like I said.

What is your opinion on the case, by the way? It feels a bit strange to me that you're asking others for their opinions on it but not voicing you own, as far as I can tell.

IcePhoenix posted:

Like I said, I wanted to see more of his posting first. If I said it immediately he can just change his posting and I'd get less information out of it. Just look at his last few posts since I said that.

strategy/setup spec based on other games (throne of lies, I guess?), undermining meta reads from people who have played together for a while, calling for a tracker to get a result on sal, and just general posting aggression

I'm trying! I probably should have waited to get home from work but the day is ending tonight and I wanted to at least get the thread moving in some direction again

Hmm, well, I don't particularly like being called scum by a very scummy lurker who also happens to be calling for more posts while barely having any post themselves. Also I can't help but feel like you handpicked your negative opinions on me while not referring to my attempts at case work at all. "Posting aggression" also seems like a weird accusation, I am trying to find scum and put pressure on them here.

As for undermining meta reads, I don't know if I am undermining it? I am most certainly not trusting it at all. It's a meta read based on other games. Not even this one. It's not even my meta read, why am I expected to trust someone else's meta read? Anyway, I see meta reads as a unreliable thing (Yes, I am aware I voted AA over it, but I also had little else to go off until I voted bowmore) to scumtell someone over. I see it as even more unreliable to see someone as town over it. Especially with little explanation.

OMGUS and all, but I am not a big fan of your content right now, but there's barely any of it either. From my perspective, you've essentially come out of nowhere to suddenly accuse me of being scum. Nobody else sticked out to you at all? I mean, I am fully aware it's impossible to properly know others views on me, but nobody else has put up an opinion on me nearly as harsh as yours yet. It just feels weirdly homed in on me.

As such I will fully admit my read on you is incomplete, but I would certainly vote you as a lurker lynch. However, my two big scum reads at the moment are Asiina and AA, which I posted casework on earlier. I already voted for Asiina, but I also do not really like how quiet AA has suddenly gotten after I essentially asked him to post more content.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sal, does Yami's flavor make sense with what a scum result would be for you?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I apologize for low contenting this response but the workday is almost over and I have some errands to run so I'm not sure when I'll get home, and we are against the clock so I want to make sure this isn't left unresponded to.

Podima posted:

Obviously since I'm suspicious of Yami it's hard for me to buy the case. But it seems sound enough. The thing that gives me pause is that both times Yami has brought up Asiina it starts with her vote on AS. And it's been speculated that TNL's death may have been related to flavor starting to point towards a vote on AS. I'd like to go back and look at more posts around this but, again, lack of time.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hmm, well, I don't particularly like being called scum by a very scummy lurker who also happens to be calling for more posts while barely having any post themselves. Also I can't help but feel like you handpicked your negative opinions on me while not referring to my attempts at case work at all. "Posting aggression" also seems like a weird accusation, I am trying to find scum and put pressure on them here.

I was asked what pinged me. Casework is fine but if the negative bits outside that ping me then it's ultimately unreliable because you could just be trying to paint someone in the same way you're accusing me of trying to paint you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

Sal, does Yami's flavor make sense with what a scum result would be for you?

I'm sorry I don't understand the question.

Pod I'll take another look at the case shortly

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

IcePhoenix posted:

I apologize for low contenting this response but the workday is almost over and I have some errands to run so I'm not sure when I'll get home, and we are against the clock so I want to make sure this isn't left unresponded to.

Obviously since I'm suspicious of Yami it's hard for me to buy the case. But it seems sound enough. The thing that gives me pause is that both times Yami has brought up Asiina it starts with her vote on AS. And it's been speculated that TNL's death may have been related to flavor starting to point towards a vote on AS. I'd like to go back and look at more posts around this but, again, lack of time.

I was asked what pinged me. Casework is fine but if the negative bits outside that ping me then it's ultimately unreliable because you could just be trying to paint someone in the same way you're accusing me of trying to paint you.

I am in a Masonry with AS. I cannot claim to be unbiased towards them in a way, especially with the dialogue I had with them and Bottleknight. I believe However, regarding this case, it's a lot more about the "how" than the "who" for me. The case would have been the same if it was target at anyone else. It's this post that pinged me:

Asiina posted:

I believe Sal.

Yami, you are very wrong about basically all of that setup stuff on what is typical, and like I can go into detail but also don't really want to and it won't be particularly useful. Just know that there have been 20+ player games with a single scum team with 5 or more team members, so it's not like that where there's only ever 2-3 scum members.

Anyway, I kinda only skimmed the stuff that happened since I left yesterday. I also had the fleeting thought, like Pod did, that bowmore went so hard on Sal because he was soft counterclaiming, but apparently not.

Note how this post does not mention AS. This post led me to check their post history, which in turn lead to the case posted earlier.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also, I won't be able to be around at the deadline, again. It's at like, 4 am for me. I'll keep my vote on Asiina for the time being. Maybe the floating deadline will allow me to react to changes after I wake up again, but I don't think it's very likely.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry I've had some major stuff come up irl. I'm currently in 2 masonries. One traditional, one limited. The limited is with one other person. The masonry is with 2.

I don't intend to replace out, but I won't be around until closer to deadline. Given my involvement oot, I have been quieter here.

I'll be back as I can.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry I don't understand the question.

Pod I'll take another look at the case shortly

Would finding a stranger to be scum match with the flavor of your cop?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

Would finding a stranger to be scum match with the flavor of your cop?

Yes. Basically my flavor is I'm psychic (stronger at night) that can look into a person's head to determine their alignment.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

AA case 1 with some other thoughts.

I've been a lot more careful about getting red in my eyes when it comes to OMGUS territory so I'm going to try to remain objective.

While you do reference that you are more accustomed non mafia mafia your point about me inflating my posts or posting artificially.

You've played 1 and read other games of mafia on this forum and should realize that day 1 casing is little more than what you are condemning.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yami Fenrir posted:

What is your opinion on the case, by the way? It feels a bit strange to me that you're asking others for their opinions on it but not voicing you own, as far as I can tell.

I don't care for it that much, but was holding back so as to see others' unvarnished opinions. Nevertheless, here:

Yami Fenrir posted:

I find that a fairly rapid 180.

A night passed in between the two posts you call out. Changing opinions overnight or with time isn't unreasonable.

quote:

Not to mention the rest of their posts show no real casework from what I can tell. Most of their posts seem designed to stiffle discussion:

Note the lack of explaining WHY it's bad until Atomic Soda responded, 2 hours later.

She said why it was bad, because AS didn't say why I'm scum (which is accurate). Cases don't have to be long and flowery to be valid. Also, she expanded on it to prove that there was additional thought behind the statement, which is fine with me in my book.

quote:

And then the last post which really pinged me:

I believe the trust towards Sal too be too easy. Sal was very suspicious until they claimed Cop, Asiina even said they were scummy but never voted them. All of this makes me think Asiina is scum trying for some town cred defending Sal now should they flip and end up town. As such, I feel comfortable voting for them today.

I'll give you all of this as valid, but at the same time no reason has been shown in thread to doubt the cop claim. We even have a claimed miller - you - to give it additional validity by your very existence. (Yes, an Eccogame could have millers without cops, but eh.)

It's not the slam dunk that you're framing it as.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Yes. Basically my flavor is I'm psychic (stronger at night) that can look into a person's head to determine their alignment.

That's sounds incongruous with what Yami is saying, doesn't it?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also we've got about 3 and a bit hours, even with a theoretically floating deadline. Who would people vote today?

I was making a list here and then I realized that a lot of people haven't posted more than once or twice today: Atomic Soda, Asiina, IllegallySober, Monathin. What gives, guys? (GeneX obviously gets a pass because he just replaced in.)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

Happy belated birthday buddy :33:

You know as well as I do that fakeclaiming cop in an eccogame where a miller has claimed is some next level play, I'm not feeling it as a fakeclaim right now and this is a little wishy-washy.

LIFE is wishy washy PODIMA

Yami Fenrir posted:

Not to mention the rest of their posts show no real casework from what I can tell. Most of their posts seem designed to stiffle discussion:

Could you explain how that quoted AS vote was meant to stifle discussion? It was a pretty clear-cut D1 vote to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm not a big fan of yami's asiina case because I agree with or at least see where most of asiina's quoted reads are coming from

that being said i also dont agree with this:

IcePhoenix posted:

maybe it's just because yami and i have been chattin a bit in our masonry but i dont think they're really scummy at all for this stuff. the speculation stuff goes off the deep end a bit but as they've said this is their second game on sa, i felt the same drat way when i started playing. basically i'm just glad yami is putting a bunch of content out there and that actually makes me feel a lot better about them.

as opposed to the other person in my masonry who i think i am going to vote for again today

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh poo poo i didnt respond to this

Atomic Soda posted:

why is moat your #2?

i agree with podima's read

Podima posted:

- Moat has aggressively avoided engaging with the game and stuck to snipey comments and a single jokevote that somehow became a serious vote, and shades of Shine V are beckoning me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i am going to reread moat and atomic soda

then i shall put my newsboy cap on (its my thinking hat) and determine who, if not both, is scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think Yami's claim is a gambit

Also I don't really agree with his(her?) Cases

##vote yammi

Please don't turbo me tonight I am gonna be out and unable to defend myself

Can someone look up who was complaining about TNLs PR bc they are probably scum too

• Locked thread