Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

GORDON posted:

I like this idea, but I'd make the time ONE minute.

The gas pump isn't the place to check text messages, search fruitlessly for the membership card, and have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat before starting the fueling process.

And yet, there they are.

My general impression watching from a distance is that people simply can't manage the highly technical and demanding task of having to insert their Costco card before their credit card. I just sit there and watch them insert a card, then just mash at the buttons by the screen only to repeat that process about 10 more times without reading the screen to see where they hosed up in the process.

Also a special shout out to everyone with their full-size SUV or lifted truck that could only afford to put $40 in the tank because gas just jumped 30 cents a liter. Saw atleast five of those people there last time I filled up lol.

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

My general impression watching from a distance is that people simply can't manage the highly technical and demanding task of having to insert their Costco card before their credit card. I just sit there and watch them insert a card, then just mash at the buttons by the screen only to repeat that process about 10 more times without reading the screen to see where they hosed up in the process..

If you are not using your Costco Citi card for gas you are doing it wrong. One card, one swipe, wait about 10 seconds, pump.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

The Midniter posted:

Costco also sells large bags of peeled garlic cloves in the refrigerated section near the fresh tortillas, basil pesto, cowboy caviar, etc. It's the best of both worlds.

That's the shizzat. Tis the bread and this is the wine:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What do cooler bags look like in America?
Like this:

The thing I don't understand is the size. With ice packs, really only 1 Costco item fits in here :confused: Costco truly works in mysterious ways at times.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GORDON posted:

I like this idea, but I'd make the time ONE minute.

The gas pump isn't the place to check text messages, search fruitlessly for the membership card, and have a conversation with the person in the passenger seat before starting the fueling process.

And yet, there they are.
Please friend, Costco Gas is a sacred refuge for the elderly, a beacon of compassion for the lost.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Like this:

The thing I don't understand is the size. With ice packs, really only 1 Costco item fits in here :confused: Costco truly works in mysterious ways at times.

What is this? Every Costco cooler bag I’ve ever seen look exactly like the Australian one, just in different patterns.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I dunno, those are the ones we have here in California (at least where I am, maybe different elsewhere). They're nice and sturdy but, ironically, not of much use in Costco because of their small size.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

why doesn't my costco sell wife beaters

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Meydey posted:

If you are not using your Costco Citi card for gas you are doing it wrong. One card, one swipe, wait about 10 seconds, pump.

I tried that... it still wanted me to swipe the same card twice, once for membership, again for payment.

Maybe that was a fluke?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

Please friend, Costco Gas is a sacred refuge for the elderly, a beacon of compassion for the lost.

There is a deeper truth in this.... it makes me reflect that I need to work on my patience, sometimes.

Thank you for your insight.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GORDON posted:

There is a deeper truth in this.... it makes me reflect that I need to work on my patience, sometimes.

Thank you for your insight.
Thank not me, but the 'Tco, brother :)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
If you don’t have the Costco 5 gallon bucket just lol at your lack of faith.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If you don’t have the Costco 5 gallon bucket just lol at your lack of faith.
What bucket is this? I have not seen it at my locations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

GORDON posted:

I tried that... it still wanted me to swipe the same card twice, once for membership, again for payment.

Maybe that was a fluke?

In the US? All the US gas stations you put in your Costco visa, and then hit a button on the screen to tell it you want to use the same card for payment as well.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

I don't think I order enough poo poo for Amazon Prime to be useful, and I never watch their TV poo poo either. This thread rules for reminding me to cancel that poo poo.

Going to do the same, I haven't ordered much lately. I go to Co almost weekly now.

Maybe I should switch credit cards too. :classiclol:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I need to switch to the Costco Credit card one of these days.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah as soon as I get my balance low on my current card im going to transfer it over to a Costco cash back card.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

1500quidporsche posted:

Got one a while ago, $450 rebate check showed up. I Approve.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

jerry seinfel posted:

just two of the vornaod air circulators ($40) and 1 of these cheapass tower fans for like $20

the vornados got rung up twice and they're in pretty big boxes. pbuc because they didn't hassle me at all and made the entire process pretty seamless. i'm sure they pull camera footage or whatever down the line

pbuc, they saved me from this heat spell

Mate when you said big rear end fan I thought you actually meant a https://www.bigassfans.com.

I have a vornado. http://amzn.eu/0zSNtru. Cost me a ridiculous £74. It is very good though.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Nooooooooooo costocoooooooo

Why? Why did you get rid of the VERY BERRY FROYO SUNDAE WITH VANILLA CHOCOLATE TWIST

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I don't know why I took so long to try them, but the coffee cake muffins might be the best thing in the bakery section*.

(*after the butter croissants)

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

The Midniter posted:

Costco also sells large bags of peeled garlic cloves in the refrigerated section near the fresh tortillas, basil pesto, cowboy caviar, etc. It's the best of both worlds.

Real talk, buying peeled garlic cloves beats pre-minced garlic everytime. "But what if I can't finish a 'Stco-sized amount of peeled garlic?" I GOT YOU COVERED just wrap the cloves in a foil packet with salt pepper and olive oil and put in a 400F oven for 20 minutes and BAM eat that poo poo on sandwiches, potatoes, or straight up

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Why? Why did you get rid of the VERY BERRY FROYO SUNDAE WITH VANILLA CHOCOLATE TWIST

That is a massive fail. Perhaps infidels have invaded the upper echelon of the blessed 'co.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Real talk, buying peeled garlic cloves beats pre-minced garlic everytime. "But what if I can't finish a 'Stco-sized amount of peeled garlic?" I GOT YOU COVERED just wrap the cloves in a foil packet with salt pepper and olive oil and put in a 400F oven for 20 minutes and BAM eat that poo poo on sandwiches, potatoes, or straight up

Roasted garlic is a pro tier pizza topping! Just don't put raw garlic cloves on your pizza as they won't "roast" while the pizza cooks.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

You know those pictures of the gas stations right before the hurricane where the cars are going around the block? That's what the local Costco gas station looks like every single day I drive by.

(Tustin Costco, shout out to the goon in this thread who knows what I'm talking about.)

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 4, 2018

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I think there are multiple Tustin goons in this thread. I don't get gas there because I have a company credit card but its american express. I also get in/out via Tustin Ranch & Warner so I don't have to go near the gas station. Very blessed that its on the other side of the street and not in the same parking lot.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Sherpa blanket feels so good ahhh.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

the soda is regular size, and the refill singular rather than plural.

get it right, liberal media

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Should I get a costco body pillow?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

FCKGW posted:

You know those pictures of the gas stations right before the hurricane where the cars are going around the block? That's what the local Costco gas station looks like every single day I drive by.

(Tustin Costco, shout out to the goon in this thread who knows what I'm talking about.)
Isn't that any Costco Gas location though?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Should I get a costco body pillow?

Costco IS your body pillow

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

All of it is for the sake of the dogs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

PBUC

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

That gas station line sucks, and it makes getting in and out of the shopping nearby hell on earth.

But yeah, probably true of most Costco Gas. About half the time I pass my local Costco gas the line is so bad I don’t stop unless I’m below a quarter tank.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Never been more than 4 deep in gas line and I fill up every visit. I use this time to eat my to-go froyo :yum:

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Getting pumped for my weekly Costco run. What wild and amazing discoveries will I make this week?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

milkman dad posted:

Getting pumped for my weekly Costco run. What wild and amazing discoveries will I make this week?

body pillow
mango smoothie
sherpa blanket
massage chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

body pillow
mango smoothie
sherpa blanket
massage chair

Unironically has anyone ever seen Costco sell a diaper bag?