Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shock of the century, the Tomb Raider dev misspoke:

quote:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will not run 60 FPS while in 4K. To allow for a more customized gameplay experience, the game will include two visual modes: '4K Resolution' which runs in 4K resolution at 30 FPS, and 'High Resolution' which is targeting 1080p at 60 FPS. Both modes will feature a wide variety of additional enhancements such as HDR, improved physically-based rendering, hardware tessellation, anisotropic filtering, additional dynamic foliage, and more.

https://www.windowscentral.com/shadow-tomb-raider-runs-4k-30-fps-xbox-one-x-allows-1080p-60-fps-mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
To be fair it can be doable, didn't Halo 5 get close to actual 4k60?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

4K60 isn’t a meaningful benchmark by itself, it’s more about poly counts and effects and other factors that determine what’s feasible. Like if you built a cheap as hell gaming PC with like a Pentium CPU and 1050Ti card it’d probably do 4K60 with everything turned up for almost any PC game from before mid-2013 and some later ones too. Hell, despite being a weaker console, the PS4 Pro runs plenty of games at native 4K60, especially sports titles.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Doesnt it use Dynamic resolution?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Lmao PS4 pro doesn't run poo poo at native 4k60 without scaling and checkerboarding. We can all harp on the X for not having games but it's a good but more powerful than the pro. I know Forza 7 is native 4k60 on x and it runs fantastic.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BrownieVK posted:

Lmao PS4 pro doesn't run poo poo at native 4k60 without scaling and checkerboarding. We can all harp on the X for not having games but it's a good but more powerful than the pro. I know Forza 7 is native 4k60 on x and it runs fantastic.

I said “especially sports titles” for a reason, they’re simpler graphically and don’t need much, so titles like FIFA and NHL do a full native 2160p at 60fps locked and so do a bunch of games with simpler graphics like Rez Infinite and some indies and the Wipeout Omega Collection. Since, you know, that was the point I was making (a weaker machine can still do 4K60 if different trade-offs are made).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Univbee stop lying.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Univbee stop lying.

I admit it, there’s no such thing as 4K. It’s like blast processing, or the power of the cloud.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fud! The cloud is alive in titanfall 1. Many such cases.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Real hurthling! posted:

Fud! The cloud is alive in titanfall 1. Many such cases.

Unpacking audio...

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

:siren: New Halo announced :siren:

https://twitter.com/halo/status/992102299500621824?s=21

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

343 gonna make it mandatory for the plot of 6

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Surely time has advanced far enough that we can finally stop collectively pretending the original Halo trilogy was a paragon of amazing storytelling?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Myth 2 soulblighter is the last good bungie story

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Yo, I don't normally give a poo poo about sports games, but Super Mega Baseball 2 is stupidly addicting and well made. It's kinda like Tecmo Bowl for baseball.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jedrick posted:

Yo, I don't normally give a poo poo about sports games, but Super Mega Baseball 2 is stupidly addicting and well made. It's kinda like Tecmo Bowl for baseball.

It borrows heavily from neo geo baseball stars which is a god tier series

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dan Sapossnek is definitely being held at gun point

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lol remember when Microsoft told Bungie to gently caress off and then Halo collapsed in on itself

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox is hella lucky all their games are trash fires cause if they came out on time they wouldnt have had anything for 2017-2018

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mung Dynasty posted:

Surely time has advanced far enough that we can finally stop collectively pretending the original Halo trilogy was a paragon of amazing storytelling?

It was looking pretty cool after 2 but fell apart with 3 imo. Never thought it was good. Couldn't even get through 5.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It was looking pretty cool after 2 but fell apart with 3 imo. Never thought it was good. Couldn't even get through 5.

But here I was getting all excited to buy an Xbox one S so I could play the MC collection, SSX 3, red dead redemption, rare replay and Gears of War 😢. You telling it’s not worth it when I have a switch and PS4?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LionArcher posted:

But here I was getting all excited to buy an Xbox one S so I could play the MC collection, SSX 3, red dead redemption, rare replay and Gears of War 😢. You telling it’s not worth it when I have a switch and PS4?

Well, every game you listed is playable on a 360 in some form except for some parts of Rare Replay, but those will play on whatever you’re posting with.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol remember when Microsoft told Bungie to gently caress off and then Halo collapsed in on itself

hey at this point destiny 3 and halo 6 are on the same footing in my mind

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
fo sho, destiny is very very bad. Possibly worse than Halo 5 because I at least H5 multiplayer was still mostly arena style that didn't make you farm lootboxes for weapons and perks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Their moba-lite mode was pay to win iirc tho

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
oh yeah that was dumb as hell

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not as dumb as adding a sprint that was slower than the normal move speed in the original games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Destiny 2 owns, sorry dorks.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

univbee posted:

Well, every game you listed is playable on a 360 in some form except for some parts of Rare Replay, but those will play on whatever you’re posting with.

I don’t have a 4k player either, so I kinda figured the graphical overhauls and cheap price of everything I just mentioned makes it worth it...

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nothing has a graphical overhaul unless you buy an X by the way.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Real hurthling! posted:

Myth 2 soulblighter is the last good bungie story

I played so goddamn much of that game in high school.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What up

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

I said come in! posted:

Destiny 2 owns, sorry dorks.

We should study you in a laboratory

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thank you gamepass, because Id never play Homedfront 2 otherwise and its such a steaming pile of bad decisions from the minute you hit start game.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Barudak posted:

Thank you gamepass, because Id never play Homedfront 2 otherwise and its such a steaming pile of bad decisions from the minute you hit start game.

I payed the $1 month trial for GamePass to get sea of thieves and to check out some other games and they're all so bad I actually requested a refund of my $1.

WRC 5 has a framerate somewhere around 10. I dont even know how they were allowed to release it. the graphics look like its from 2008.

Sea of Thieves has no compelling reason to play it at all.

Gears of war 4, a franchise built on blood and gore, has you fighting god drat robots.

Like none of these games are good or worth playing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I liked the robots in Gears 4 since they have different but similar tactics to the Locust making them a good change of pace in everyway that, say, the flood are not. Its not a great game but it was finishable for me*

There are some loving dire games on gamepass which is 0 surprise.

*The game just kind of ends so its not like it had the same feelings back.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
The EA pass has more good games than game pass. Especially as someone who never played a modern battlefield but likes shooter campaigns, each one is a pretty decent 5-8 hour experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The original trilogy of Halo had a decent story, the issue was is you to completely immerse your self in every hidden terminal message, novel and blog post Bungie put out to understand it.