Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bentacos posted:

Keep him as mayor, just have him show up every now and then and mention that someone has been droppin' bodies.

I'd honestly like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

I know this season kinda sucks but I'm just happy there was no Serious Issue Episode (like last year's gun control episode) as Guggenheim promised.
Now let's get to Sara Lance coming back to see her Earth-2 sister betray and kill her Earth-1 father.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
For a shadowy organization controlling most of the global crime industry that manages to still also somehow remain an urban legend "The Quadrant" was really eager to just show up, in person, to relatively small time weapons deals.

What reason did Queen of Crime even have to keep showing up there? Dozens of people were firing missiles and automatic weapons everywhere. Do you really need to stand on a platform to menacingly overlook the gunbattle like a medieval king observing his troops?

"Sure we oversee crime in every part of this continent but clear my calendar for this ten million dollar rifle deal in Baltimore. It might take a few days and I need to physically be there for some reason."

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 3, 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Koalas March posted:

Agreed.

My flash contact texted me the news, so I thought it was inside info not that it was already reported.

Is there nothing Barry can’t gently caress up? :sigh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

For a shadowy organization controlling most of the global crime industry that manages to still also somehow remain an urban legend "The Quadrant" was really eager to just show up, in person, to relatively small time weapons deals.

What reason did Queen of Crime even have to keep showing up there? Dozens of people were firing missiles and automatic weapons everywhere. Do you really need to stand on a platform to menacingly overlook the gunbattle like a medieval king observing his troops?

"Sure we oversee crime in every part of this continent but clear my calendar for this ten million dollar rifle deal in Baltimore. It might take a few days and I need to physically be there for some reason."

Oh gently caress. The Quadrant sounds like the Royal Flush Gang!

Still not enough to get me watching again but imagine I’m doing the initially “hmm ok” face from Vince.gif

e: oh we already did the RFG. Dang that feels like millennia ago.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I just called her "Queen of Crime" since they setup that 4 people rule all crime in North America. They don't really have a monarchy gimmick.

I guess it does seem that way when they dramatically observe their gunbattles from raised platforms and sit in special ornate chairs and stuff.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm so glad General Hale found time out of her busy schedule to come to Star City to prosecute Oliver.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

I'm so glad General Hale found time out of her busy schedule to come to Star City to prosecute Oliver.

Yeah, her and Adrian Pasdar have been pulling double duty this year being on Marvel and DC shows.

I'm a big enough music nerd that I always look forward to the second to last episode of Arrow because it's always named after a Bruce Springsteen song.

As much as I've enjoyed the last few episodes I feel like they could have done some things ten episodes earlier. This could have been an awesome 13 episode season.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I hope Diaz doesn't die this season, they'll need him to take over the Sinestro Corps when Parallax attacks in season 9.

I hope legends next season does a gag where Earth-2 Diaz is a chess player who always loses in under 10 moves and is a walmart department manager who can't get a single employee to listen to him.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 4, 2018

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Having Christopher Chance show up again just reminds me how much I miss that show and how good (season 1) was.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

Having Christopher Chance show up again just reminds me how much I miss that show and how good (season 1) was.

:same:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Digital Jedi posted:

:same:
I'd totally forgotten about him, guess I'm gonna have to go back and watch all of season 1 again I suppose.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I hate Chance, and having him judge ex machina Ollie to a Not Guilty verdict seemed like a low point in an already-lovely season. Does it bother anyone else that Flash ALSO used magical impersonation powers to bullshit their way out of their own Hero on Trial courtroom scene this year? They've been playing up this investigation into Ollie for like 3 or 4 months now, and it turns out all you have to do is just knock the judge out halfway through the trial and then call your buddy The Man With The Magic Face to tell the court that the jury is dumb and you're free to go. I wasn't going in with high hopes or anything, but that seemed like a HUGE copout. It wouldn't have been so bad if he just showed up as Tommy and pretended to be the Green Arrow, but not when he just wraps up the entire plot arc with his very presence.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phenotype posted:

I hate Chance, and having him judge ex machina Ollie to a Not Guilty verdict seemed like a low point in an already-lovely season. Does it bother anyone else that Flash ALSO used magical impersonation powers to bullshit their way out of their own Hero on Trial courtroom scene this year? They've been playing up this investigation into Ollie for like 3 or 4 months now, and it turns out all you have to do is just knock the judge out halfway through the trial and then call your buddy The Man With The Magic Face to tell the court that the jury is dumb and you're free to go. I wasn't going in with high hopes or anything, but that seemed like a HUGE copout. It wouldn't have been so bad if he just showed up as Tommy and pretended to be the Green Arrow, but not when he just wraps up the entire plot arc with his very presence.

Should have used him to pretend to be Diaz and confess to everything then escape so he's a wanted criminal. :v: Also tell his associates not to go after Laurel.

Use Chance to solve all your problems!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Should have used him to pretend to be Diaz and confess to everything then escape so he's a wanted criminal. :v: Also tell his associates not to go after Laurel.

holy poo poo that's perfect

if diaz has already won, you can only win by becoming diaz

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phenotype posted:

No because nobody watches the Flash.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

No because nobody watches the Flash.

Last time I checked Flash had higher ratings than Arrow or any other CW DC show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it was obvious from context I meant the audience of his post.

With everyone nearly off the ride for this show, surely they would have quit watching the Flash sometime before the 4th dark reflection season bad guy.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I think it was obvious from context I meant the audience of his post.

Nah mayne

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

Last time I checked Flash had higher ratings than Arrow or any other CW DC show.

We live in the darkest timeline.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

We live in the darkest timeline.

I thought we already knew that 😂😂

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

I thought we already knew that 😂😂

I want to say it keeps getting darker but that sounds vaguely racist.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phenotype posted:

I like reading about Chance bailing Ollie out because it’s not like Star City operates under the rule of law anyway (lmao the defense not getting to know who a key witness is) but I’ll be damned if I’m watching this show for a two minute payoff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, Diaz was manipulating the trial so it's only fair that Team Arrow hosed him right back.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Rhyno posted:

I mean, Diaz was manipulating the trial so it's only fair that Team Arrow hosed him right back.

No but don't you understand that Diaz has already won?!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Team Arrow being Ollie and Chance :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Team Arrow being Ollie and Chance :v:

I mean, Dig brought him in and it was Rene's idea.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I liked this episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was the best episode in weeks.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mooseontheloose posted:

I liked this episode.

I very much enjoyed it. I don't care how deus ex machina it was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For once Batman actually called Superman for help and people still aren't happy!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rhyno posted:

It was the best episode in weeks.

Oliver and Rene acted like actual human beings and everything!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It was a better episode, but it was still pretty bad and dumb. Which wouldn’t be a problem if the show didn’t take itself so seriously and, in doing so, ask us to as well.

Like, for reals, Legends of Tomorrow is exponentially dumber than Arrow, but it is obviously played for yuks, so it’s exponentially better, too.

Arrow has kind of painted themselves into a corner where their writers just aren’t really capable of pulling off the kind of dramatic tone they’ve established anymore. It’s all just too contrived and convoluted and dumb to be taken straight faced. It worked when it was a tight, focused show for the first couple of seasons, but things have just spiraled completely out of control.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Phylodox posted:

It was a better episode, but it was still pretty bad and dumb. Which wouldn’t be a problem if the show didn’t take itself so seriously and, in doing so, ask us to as well.

Like, for reals, Legends of Tomorrow is exponentially dumber than Arrow, but it is obviously played for yuks, so it’s exponentially better, too.

Arrow has kind of painted themselves into a corner where their writers just aren’t really capable of pulling off the kind of dramatic tone they’ve established anymore. It’s all just too contrived and convoluted and dumb to be taken straight faced. It worked when it was a tight, focused show for the first couple of seasons, but things have just spiraled completely out of control.

I kinda wish next season you shrink the cast or build up the bad guy better. All the concepts this year on their own aren't bad but never feel fully thought out.

Also, this season would of been better placed after season 2 not after Ollie has taken down Ras and Dahrk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're already dropping 2 people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, if it was a fair trial it would be a totally different thing but it was clear that Diaz bought everyone out.

The one thing I really hated about the episode was how we had a really fun scene where Chance shows up as Tommy putting forth a completely plausible explanation as to how he was the Green Arrow and then they instantly undid it with Diaz's plan for Laurel testifying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, if it was a fair trial it would be a totally different thing but it was clear that Diaz bought everyone out.

The one thing I really hated about the episode was how we had a really fun scene where Chance shows up as Tommy putting forth a completely plausible explanation as to how he was the Green Arrow and then they instantly undid it with Diaz's plan for Laurel testifying.

They still pulled it off AND the left the world believing that Tommy is alive and the Green Arrow. So that's an excuse to bring him back to life for reals!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
They made a point of Diaz knowing all about Chance portraying other people and then he just shot the judge who was also face-swapped and clearly a fake with a quip. :question:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I liked how when it started, Flash and Green Arrow showed up on each other's finales and solved each other's problems. Although I'd imagine having Flash capture Diaz in 3 seconds would make the whole second half of Arrow look even dumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oliver doesn't want him dead yet.