Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Moi, Robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buy new game, spend all day playing Dark Souls 2 instead

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

haveblue posted:

Moi, Robot

Lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Buy new game, spend all day playing Dark Souls 2 instead

That is the real Dork Souls.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I had a near perfect grade in this class and now I'm going to bomb it because I can't deliver a good presentation without being a stuttering wreck. Great.

Talk slower than you normally would, like 60-75% speed. Also leave a few seconds pause between each sentence. It gives you more time to collect your thoughts, also when you're nervous you will naturally talk faster anyway so this helps you sound more normal and confident.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its like will smiths i, robot but frencher

Does it start with David Cage walking into the shot and literally saying 'hi, i'm david cage'?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/MckKirk/status/992495701245464578?s=19

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Uhh how does that make publishers money?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ugghhh yeah inject that poo poo right in my veins man

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MMF Freeway posted:

Uhh how does that make publishers money?

BLOCKCHAIN

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
Love to have a crypto mining client bundled into my game files that definitely won't be used to direct resources towards mining coins for random developer wallets

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Real hurthling! posted:

Its like will smiths i, robot but frencher

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

It sure is cool that my computer science course has a final exam that doesn't actually test your ability to use any of the programs we learned but rather give a good powerpoint presentation.

I had a near perfect grade in this class and now I'm going to bomb it because I can't deliver a good presentation without being a stuttering wreck. Great.

That would require people to actually think about their purchases though.

if its a computer science class odds are everyone sucks at presentations as much as you do and the teacher is grading on a curve

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pro powerpoint tip: dont read your slides. Whatever you were going to type on the slide beyond image captions or key ideas/ definitions, put on personal note cards instead. They they have to listen to you and dont get bored.

Note: does not apply to idiot teens who will bother you for class notes if you dont publish them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My tip would be to revive Iwata with the blood of 13 gamers and have him do the presentation in your place

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Iwata Asks: How much blood would you spill to obtain power?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
By the way, I specifically angled my GoW plat screenshot so to avoid what would be a pretty obvious spoiler if that shot was taken from a different angle

al-azad
May 28, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

By the way, I specifically angled my GoW plat screenshot so to avoid what would be a pretty obvious spoiler if that shot was taken from a different angle

Having not played it, I'm guessing BOY turns into a dragon or dark elf.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It never occurred to me the name Smash Mouth meant anything before today.

Edit: this isn't even the right thread but I"m leaving it so deal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

It never occurred to me the name Smash Mouth meant anything before today.

Edit: this isn't even the right thread but I"m leaving it so deal

Its a common football idiom for hard hitting playstyle.

Eat the eggs

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I imported a Vita game from Japan in tyool 2018 I’m so excited to play Super Robot Wars X! This is gonna be so dumb!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tried emulating r-type final but for some reason pcsx2 was closing every time i pressed start so i googled it and it turned out steam mapped my controller to keyboard inputs this morning despite that being a feature i've never touched in my life

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

tried emulating r-type final but for some reason pcsx2 was closing every time i pressed start so i googled it and it turned out steam mapped my controller to keyboard inputs this morning despite that being a feature i've never touched in my life

It does it automatically and sometimes even re-enables it once you turn it off.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Well poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thatvshould be a real game

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

I haven't played either Destiny game but from what I understand it's a case where Bungie didn't learn anything from all the complaints people had in the first game and when 2 came they broke new things by trying to fix problems that weren't there and continued with the poo poo that made everyone hate the first game at launch.

I don't know if that's how I'd describe it. The problems it has feel pretty different from Destiny 1's to me. They streamlined a lot of Destiny 1 as they expanded it, mostly for the better. But in Destiny 2 they took it too far in a lot of areas and got rid of a good bit of the game's depth. It felt like you were done with the game after 2 weeks or so, which would be fine for a single player game but is pretty dire for an MMO. They broke a few features from Destiny 1 in the interest of lootboxifying them, which precluded any good will from a lot of the fanbase. They also reduced the standard PvP size from 6v6 to 4v4 which made it feel a lot less accessible to bads like me.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I thought they fixed a bunch of poo poo by the end of destiny 1 and then proceeded to ignore all of it and make the exact same mistakes in destiny 2 as vanilla d1

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can't believe I spent $120 in destiny 2. I want to die

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

nachos posted:

I thought they fixed a bunch of poo poo by the end of destiny 1 and then proceeded to ignore all of it and make the exact same mistakes in destiny 2 as vanilla d1

They repeated mistakes from D1 but also managed to make a bunch of new ones, and somehow have managed to produce content at an even slower rate than they did before TTK came out.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I can't believe I spent $120 in destiny 2. I want to die

what is there to spend $120 on in destiny 2, isn't it just fps diablo

don't tell me there's a real-money shop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

$120 is the price of the game and then there's real money lootboxes

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The White Dragon posted:

It's a game released after 2015 what do you think?

Destiny isn't very similar to Diablo though, except in the very basic concept of loot grinding.

I'm assuming $120 was the cost of the game with the first two 'expansions' (lel).

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It’s tyool 2018 and people still don’t take Guybrush’s advice from like 30 years ago.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve2911 posted:

They repeated mistakes from D1 but also managed to make a bunch of new ones, and somehow have managed to produce content at an even slower rate than they did before TTK came out.

That was part of their renegotiation with activision, they asked if they could do less content and made business concessions to the publisher to get there

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

what is there to spend $120 on in destiny 2, isn't it just fps diablo

phone posting and autocorrect. It should be "on destiny 2". My b.

Game at launch + DLC. I am not going to buy the one coming out next week.

But there is cosmetics you can buy (I didn't).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

I don't know if that's how I'd describe it. The problems it has feel pretty different from Destiny 1's to me. They streamlined a lot of Destiny 1 as they expanded it, mostly for the better. But in Destiny 2 they took it too far in a lot of areas and got rid of a good bit of the game's depth. It felt like you were done with the game after 2 weeks or so, which would be fine for a single player game but is pretty dire for an MMO. They broke a few features from Destiny 1 in the interest of lootboxifying them, which precluded any good will from a lot of the fanbase. They also reduced the standard PvP size from 6v6 to 4v4 which made it feel a lot less accessible to bads like me.

My understanding was that people didn't like the grind in the original and while part of that was because it was too steep of a grind, it was mostly because the game launched with almost no content or features and tons of poo poo stripped out that was later put into dlc. Destiny 2 fixed the wrong problem by making the grind trivial (which is weird in a grinding based game) while still launching with anemic amount of content and tons of stuff cut to later be added in dlc.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

destiny 2 has the scummiest business model in gaming. it has everything:

-a 60 dollar price tag
-lovely content starved expansions that are expensive, necessary to keep playing the game, and churned out at a super fast pace
-paid lootboxes

its a garbage game that should die

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

babypolis posted:

destiny 2 has the scummiest business model in gaming. it has everything:

-a 60 dollar price tag
-lovely content starved expansions that are expensive, necessary to keep playing the game, and churned out at a super fast pace
-paid lootboxes

its a garbage game that should die

At least it doesn't have overt mobile-esque purchases to skip the grind.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

That's because there really isn't enough content/loot to constitute a grind so there's really nothing to skip, and conversely nothing worth playing.

If your personal end goal was "make your space man look cool" you could purchase cosmetic items which saved you from having to play the game to get different looking stuff.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

This thread has dedicated more time toward destiny 2 than it deserves.

Im looking forward to spending my long weekend starting God of War :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
a lot of my friends had fun playing destiny 2 and had more fun playing with each other so i think it's a good video game actually

• Locked thread