Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

That's sounds incongruous with what Yami is saying, doesn't it?

Maybe I'm stupid but what did Yami say that is making you think that? I am phone posting so it's a little tough for me to be discrete at work and read posts in depth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Moatillata posted:

Oh dear sweet pod, I really hope you are scum in this game

I do not like your posturing and you are acting like you don't know me as a poster and also like mafia is performed in a vacuum.

There is a ghost in the machine pod.

Your push against me is perfunctory and mechanical and I do not like it. Also you basically are omgusing me but really packaging it like you are not

Also I have a secret theory that is very :tinfoil: and I don't think would go over well

As for soda, basically I am expecting more caution from her considering her last scum performance (sorry soda) and I'm not seeing it and it satisfies me that she is town atm

AA posts in a way that makes it impossible for me to tell because he so often is wrong (Sorry aa) I like his engagement atm and so I am less inclined to go scum for him

yeah this post does not satisfy me like it.... did pod apparently? the only "scumhunting" moat has done this game is voting pod for posturing because... pod should know better than to expect more out of moat?

specifically the line "Your push against me is perfunctory and mechanical and I do not like it. Also you basically are omgusing me but really packaging it like you are not" it reads like moat cut letters out of a magazine and sent it anonymously in the mail. like, accusing pod of posturing while using the tone of this post is peak :ironicat:

the only (little) content that moat has posted d2 has been about pod except for a tad bit of wifom about TNL. soda hasn't posted much d2 either but she told us in our masonry that she's sick, and i'm not gonna hold illness against somebody. i fuckin hate being sick.

##vote moat

pedit:

Moatillata posted:

I think Yami's claim is a gambit

Also I don't really agree with his(her?) Cases

##vote yammi

Please don't turbo me tonight I am gonna be out and unable to defend myself

Can someone look up who was complaining about TNLs PR bc they are probably scum too

DAMMIT MOAT

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

nobody is here everyone is gone being away is no longer an excuse!!!!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

BottleKnight posted:

yeah this post does not satisfy me like it.... did pod apparently? the only "scumhunting" moat has done this game is voting pod for posturing because... pod should know better than to expect more out of moat?

specifically the line "Your push against me is perfunctory and mechanical and I do not like it. Also you basically are omgusing me but really packaging it like you are not" it reads like moat cut letters out of a magazine and sent it anonymously in the mail. like, accusing pod of posturing while using the tone of this post is peak :ironicat:

the only (little) content that moat has posted d2 has been about pod except for a tad bit of wifom about TNL. soda hasn't posted much d2 either but she told us in our masonry that she's sick, and i'm not gonna hold illness against somebody. i fuckin hate being sick.

##vote moat

pedit:

DAMMIT MOAT

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I will agree that it was odd how easily pod backed off me

I would prefer to believe it is bc we are such great pals

But maybe that's just what he wants me to believe?!?!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Also I will agree that it was odd how easily pod backed off me

I would prefer to believe it is bc we are such great pals

But maybe that's just what he wants me to believe?!?!

this is like where i'm at with keane's thing about TNL being killed because of his suspicion of AS. i suspect AS of being scum and so if this is true that def lines up, but simultaneously scum NK poo poo is so wifom-y i find it very difficult to incorporate into my csi crime scene scumvestigations

also no worries moat we'll still be great pals after you get executed scumbo!!!!!!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

Also we've got about 3 and a bit hours, even with a theoretically floating deadline. Who would people vote today?

I was making a list here and then I realized that a lot of people haven't posted more than once or twice today: Atomic Soda, Asiina, IllegallySober, Monathin. What gives, guys? (GeneX obviously gets a pass because he just replaced in.)

I'm just now getting back to the game from the below- I know it's been a while and I'm sorry-

IllegallySober posted:

I'm going to apologize in advance as I do not expect to be able to post much until late this game day (Friday afternoon/evening).

For now, I remain suspicious of Atomic Soda and want to go back and look at how the push for bowmore towards the end of yesterday went. I'd also obviously like to hear more from some of the people who haven't been around a ton and/or committed to reads (Moat, IP, Asiina, BK jump to mind although I can't verify all of those at the moment).

Will check in as soon as I can. I know it sucks in a smaller game to have someone knowingly away for a while but unfortunately I can't avoid it today.

I've skimmed to this point and am going to think about this day so far while I have a shower but really there hasn't been a lot that's pushed me in any direction as there seems to be a whole lot of apathy right now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry I don't understand the question.

Pod I'll take another look at the case shortly

Sal where is my case opinion please don't let me down :(

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Could you explain how that quoted AS vote was meant to stifle discussion? It was a pretty clear-cut D1 vote to me.

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not a big fan of yami's asiina case because I agree with or at least see where most of asiina's quoted reads are coming from

that being said i also dont agree with this:

maybe it's just because yami and i have been chattin a bit in our masonry but i dont think they're really scummy at all for this stuff. the speculation stuff goes off the deep end a bit but as they've said this is their second game on sa, i felt the same drat way when i started playing. basically i'm just glad yami is putting a bunch of content out there and that actually makes me feel a lot better about them.

as opposed to the other person in my masonry who i think i am going to vote for again today

(emphasis mine) I'm curious, why didn't you just ask them that in the masonry if you've been chatting and it was the first thing that came to mind when you started posting itt?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

(emphasis mine) I'm curious, why didn't you just ask them that in the masonry if you've been chatting and it was the first thing that came to mind when you started posting itt?

mafia edit: ask them the question in the first quoted post, that is

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

Also we've got about 3 and a bit hours, even with a theoretically floating deadline. Who would people vote today?

I was making a list here and then I realized that a lot of people haven't posted more than once or twice today: Atomic Soda, Asiina, IllegallySober, Monathin. What gives, guys? (GeneX obviously gets a pass because he just replaced in.)

I would vote anyone on this list (besides myself, obv) but am going to start with AS because I still read her D1 play as scummy and in the absence of strong opinion elsewhere I'm going back to my original read.

Asiina because posting about her previous meta usually brings her back to threads and I'd like to hear more from her.

Mona because it's odd for him to be committed to his posting gimmick and then disappear.

I'm also open to other suggestions.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm also still sus of Sal's sudden change of tune. I think the "welp, guess I'm just gonna be roleblocked the rest of the game, darn!" thing is a ruse to cover.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

I would vote anyone on this list (besides myself, obv) but am going to start with AS because I still read her D1 play as scummy and in the absence of strong opinion elsewhere I'm going back to my original read.

Asiina because posting about her previous meta usually brings her back to threads and I'd like to hear more from her.

Mona because it's odd for him to be committed to his posting gimmick and then disappear.

I forgot the actual vote here.

##vote AS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All I've determined since my last post is that Riven is dumb :mad:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I hope this deadline is REALLY floating.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I will say that of the people who are actually posting I would vote AA or Yami.

AA's posting rubs me the wrong way in a lot of ways as I previously touched on during D1 and that has continued into D2.

As for Yami - their Asiina push doesn't feel well-founded as I discussed previously, and in rereading them I found their "well where's your results MR COP" at the start of the day a little too pat - especially when combined with their subsequent weird dichotomy (emphasis mine):

Yami Fenrir posted:

Mostly due to Sal's reply to my question. It just feels too simple to me, in a "There, you have my alibi for having no results, now go look at more interesting people!" kind of sense. Compared to how angry he got over bowmore's prodding, this seems strangely uncaring of an reaction about likely being RB'd all game.

I've considered a few possibilities, most of them going off the deep ends (which seems to start to be my gimmick apparently, as seen in Pequod where I came up with a vote poisoner of all things).

Such as: Sal being SK and RB'ed by scum afraid of a cop
Sal being town and RB'ed by scum afraid of a cop
Sal being scum and RBed by town RBer
Sal being town and RBed by town RBer.

I am running off a lot of assumptions here, but I find a cop claim being RBed by a townie somewhat unlikely. Even if suspicious, it would make a lot more sense to give them a day or two to show results, given the way votes on him stopped when he claimed cop. In my mind, it was much more likely that scum RBed Sal (hence me saying I believe the RB'd claim)

The reason why I don't trust Sal at the moment
is because I find the transitition from the anger about being prodded by bow so much, to a reponse that feels like "Oh well, I guess I'll be roadblocked forever, meh." to me. It came over more of an excuse than anything to me, a simple alibi as to why to not produce results. (Not to mention I had to ask them for their result for them to come out with that information, but that may very well be a timezone problem). The circumstances around this dialogue just feel very much off to me.

I find Sal additionally suspicious because I feel like there is a second night kill missing, as I explained above, and Sal has been roadblocked. There are, however, plenty of other reasons for this such as the simplest, there simply not being one. I am not going to vote Sal up yet, as it's very likely I may be wrong and honestly, I want to be proven wrong, as cops are useful. A tracker result on Sal would be extremely useful, for obvious reasons.

This is playing both sides on Sal really hardcore. "I believe Sal was RB'd but I also find him hella suspicious but I'm not gonna vote him because I want to be wrong!"

##vote Yami

NOTE: If it comes down to it my preference is to execute someone who isn't playing, but this is definitely worth punctuating with a vote.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Can you please also briefly comment on the non-lurkers so the thread has opinions out there to see? I don't want today to fall into the trap of an easy lurker push.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

Obviously since I'm suspicious of Yami it's hard for me to buy the case. But it seems sound enough. The thing that gives me pause is that both times Yami has brought up Asiina it starts with her vote on AS. And it's been speculated that TNL's death may have been related to flavor starting to point towards a vote on AS. I'd like to go back and look at more posts around this but, again, lack of time.

Did you have time to go back and look into this?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yami is town

that's the only strong opinion i have right now, i'm scared to have more

of current ppl with votes, my pick is asiina ##vote asiina

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

yami is town

that's the only strong opinion i have right now, i'm scared to have more

of current ppl with votes, my pick is asiina ##vote asiina

a) hope you feel better

b) can you give us more than this please? why asiina?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe I'm stupid but what did Yami say that is making you think that? I am phone posting so it's a little tough for me to be discrete at work and read posts in depth

Yami said he was a mysterious stranger that couldn't be trusted. If you could psychicly read their minds, surely that wouldn't be relevant?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

i didnt make the active decision whether to ask them in public or private chat when i asked the first question, i just saw it, quoted, responded with a question that entered my mind

maybe its subconscious dude idk but i really dont give much of a crap about unconfirmed masonries

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

AA's posting rubs me the wrong way in a lot of ways as I previously touched on during D1 and that has continued into D2.

As for Yami - their Asiina push doesn't feel well-founded as I discussed previously, and in rereading them I found their "well where's your results MR COP" at the start of the day a little too pat - especially when combined with their subsequent weird dichotomy (emphasis mine):

This is playing both sides on Sal really hardcore. "I believe Sal was RB'd but I also find him hella suspicious but I'm not gonna vote him because I want to be wrong!"

##vote Yami

NOTE: If it comes down to it my preference is to execute someone who isn't playing, but this is definitely worth punctuating with a vote.

I remember reading that Yami post and being struck by something I couldn't reconcile at the time, but this is a good case. I'd vote here too.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Sal where is my case opinion please don't let me down :(

I'll be home shortly.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Worth noting that AS' vote was Asiina over Yami and Moat.

:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Yami Fenrir (2): Moatillata, Podima
Asiina (2): Yami Fenrir, Atomic Soda
Moatillata (1): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, BottleKnight
Atomic Soda (1): IllegallySober

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, CCKeane, GeneX, IcePhoenix, Monathin, SalTheBard

:h: With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 04th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 53 minutes from this post.

:)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

Can you please also briefly comment on the non-lurkers so the thread has opinions out there to see? I don't want today to fall into the trap of an easy lurker push.

Sure, but in the interest of time can you give me a couple names? I'm about to be driving so not gonna have a ton of time to do it but I'm hopeful floating deadline is more like midnight to Ecco today.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry I've had some major stuff come up irl. I'm currently in 2 masonries. One traditional, one limited. The limited is with one other person. The masonry is with 2.

AA I'm looking back through posts and can you expand on the masonry stuff? I don't really know what you mean by traditional and limited masonries. Are you saying the one with two others is traditional, so it's mod confirmed, and the one with just one other is limited, and is unconfirmed? Or is it something else?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

Yami said he was a mysterious stranger that couldn't be trusted. If you could psychicly read their minds, surely that wouldn't be relevant?

I assumed that had to do with Miller flavor since if I copped him it would come back opposite

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lost in his thoughts again. He had tried to make sure it hadn't happened again, but here it was.

(Sorry, I was pulled away for the majority of the day due to other responsibilities.)

He's been reading the others over, but something strikes out to him as odd.

The topic of Masonries had been breached, but no one had mentioned whether they were confirmed or not. That seems to be an important sticking point no one had ultimately clarified. Even so, the idea of being able to trust someone you're chatting with in private has led people to ruin before and will do again.

Yami's case doesn't make much sense to the student. It relies on a lot of conditionals, but the claim of being a shady foreigner doesn't sit right by this. Especially the people who are now turning to vote them. Is there now suspicion on such a claim?

He still feels as if Moat was let off the hook without due evidence supporting it, especially with such the flimsy defense provided.

##vote Moat

The student adjusts his spectacles, trying to put his thoughts in better order. Too many variables at work here for his liking, but there's only one way to whittle them down, and it frustrates him.

If Moat will escape the night yet again, he will hesitantly vote Yami, to avoid a night in which the squabbling produces no results.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

##vote Yami

my honest read after chatting yami up on sal is that he's thinking himself in a circle on the whole situation

i have real trouble reading sal this game (and most games tbh!) and we have vented frustration about the whole cop claim situation

i think with a dozen more games under his belt that post you quoted looks a lot more like my post that you called wishy-washy but didn't actually vote me on tbh

not saying there's no chance you could be right of course, just that i am not personally getting scum vibes from yami

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Monathin posted:

Lost in his thoughts again. He had tried to make sure it hadn't happened again, but here it was.

(Sorry, I was pulled away for the majority of the day due to other responsibilities.)

He's been reading the others over, but something strikes out to him as odd.

The topic of Masonries had been breached, but no one had mentioned whether they were confirmed or not. That seems to be an important sticking point no one had ultimately clarified. Even so, the idea of being able to trust someone you're chatting with in private has led people to ruin before and will do again.

Yami's case doesn't make much sense to the student. It relies on a lot of conditionals, but the claim of being a shady foreigner doesn't sit right by this. Especially the people who are now turning to vote them. Is there now suspicion on such a claim?

He still feels as if Moat was let off the hook without due evidence supporting it, especially with such the flimsy defense provided.

##vote Moat

The student adjusts his spectacles, trying to put his thoughts in better order. Too many variables at work here for his liking, but there's only one way to whittle them down, and it frustrates him.

If Moat will escape the night yet again, he will hesitantly vote Yami, to avoid a night in which the squabbling produces no results.

i am in an unconfirmed masonry with as and yami as i said d1, which is why i said so publicly in thread so early because i dont give much of a poo poo about masonries that arent confirmed. too much wifom it messes with my head!!!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm home. WRT masonry traditional I mean it's permanent, regarding limited, the player who enacted it has clarified that this is exclusive to this day phase only.

No alignments confirmed in either.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BottleKnight posted:

i am in an unconfirmed masonry with as and yami as i said d1, which is why i said so publicly in thread so early because i dont give much of a poo poo about masonries that arent confirmed. too much wifom it messes with my head!!!

"Ah, I had missed that. Thank you for your clarification."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Sure, but in the interest of time can you give me a couple names? I'm about to be driving so not gonna have a ton of time to do it but I'm hopeful floating deadline is more like midnight to Ecco today.

What's your opinion on AA and IcePhoenix for now, then?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Did you have time to go back and look into this?

I see where Yami is coming from but I don't agree with most of their reads. This sort of leads into the aggressive posting I was talking about earlier, it looks to me like Yami is taking a lot of those posts at face value and just reacting without stopping to think about the reasoning behind them.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

we have vented frustration about the whole cop claim situation

Assuming this is referring to you in the masonry, who was venting frustration and why?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Asiina posted:

What are you even talking about??

This is complete nonsense.

##unvote
##vote bowmore

after bowmore said we should lunch sal anyway

Asiina posted:

I believe Sal.

Yami, you are very wrong about basically all of that setup stuff on what is typical, and like I can go into detail but also don't really want to and it won't be particularly useful. Just know that there have been 20+ player games with a single scum team with 5 or more team members, so it's not like that where there's only ever 2-3 scum members.

Anyway, I kinda only skimmed the stuff that happened since I left yesterday. I also had the fleeting thought, like Pod did, that bowmore went so hard on Sal because he was soft counterclaiming, but apparently not.

after bowmmore lunched.

no posts in between

to be clear, i find this scummy because she voted bowmore, then came back afterwards saying she thought he could have been a cop also.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm home. WRT masonry traditional I mean it's permanent, regarding limited, the player who enacted it has clarified that this is exclusive to this day phase only.

Thanks AA

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

after bowmore said we should lunch sal anyway

after bowmmore lunched.

no posts in between

to be clear, i find this scummy because she voted bowmore, then came back afterwards saying she thought he could have been a cop also.

Yeah but that's after a night phase (and almost a full IRL day) passed in between those posts, which I pointed out when Yami tried to say the same thing. Are you reading Asiina's post history in isolation?

• Locked thread