Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I feel like Max is way too easy to kill in this Mad Max vidya game, considering the movies.

If that game had more stuff to do and a longer quest line and randomized camps and poo poo. it would be amazing. the biggest issues is that by the time you have cool upgrades, the game is over.

Or just a new game plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Bennet has announced he's starting a second show in June called Oldtaku, New atricks where he covers modern shows.

He also plans to three anime abandons and one of the new show a month.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Three Arrows has a new video up about Jordan Peterson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AcmzqFdPM

Shaun, Hbomber, Contra and now TA all in the same week. They must be linked up via the same cultural Marxist hivemind vr machine.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wrageowrapper posted:

Three Arrows has a new video up about Jordan Peterson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AcmzqFdPM

Shaun, Hbomber, Contra and now TA all in the same week. They must be linked up via the same cultural Marxist hivemind vr machine.

Our monthly ration of owns. I’m glad their abilities serve us so, as my need is great.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Wrageowrapper posted:

What ever happened to that Garrett guy? His channel was deleted at some point.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

khwarezm posted:

Apparently, crazy fans of his harassed him for... somethingorother. I tried finding out a while back, but there's not much record left.

I do remember it being specifically fan shitheads and not alt-right shitheads.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
White Privilege and Fragility - Get Out | Renegade Cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52B7IwWGOg

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
More Internet Personalities need to tell me about dinosaurs.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Dean of Swing posted:

If this is sincere Trey the explainer is pretty interesting, though he hasn't done a huge amount on dinosaurs specifically as of late:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaT-q3feI9s

AllmyFrench78
Apr 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
So apparently CA store is back up https://theawesomestore.com/. And the website front page has changed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

AllmyFrench78 posted:

So apparently CA store is back up https://theawesomestore.com/. And the website front page has changed.

i thought they were dead. dont they have like Brad and that british dude left.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

khwarezm posted:

If this is sincere Trey the explainer is pretty interesting, though he hasn't done a huge amount on dinosaurs specifically as of late:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaT-q3feI9s

Yasss that is the good stuff.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Some idiot got a copyright strike because he took a full-length movie by MarzGurl and commented over it with his friends, and cannot for the life of him move on. This has been going on all afternoon. This is some kind of way of following the thread, it's hard to get all of it because he blocked or muted her or something.

https://twitter.com/OdieEsty/status/992526205273419778

Here's a partial screencap:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dean of Swing posted:

Also, Your Dinosaurs are Wrong just updated. The guy clearly knows a LOT about dinosaurs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Also, Your Dinosaurs are Wrong just updated. The guy clearly knows a LOT about dinosaurs.

sounds like my gf and her stepdad. I wish i had a science brain sometimes.

Edit. those videso vaguely remind me of this dude. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH18915fTE6yZzKrqdea8RQ

he makes videos "reviewing" various reptiles to keep as pets and he does different breakdowns of why this would be good for this person and so on. plus he is just so drat happy and positive.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 5, 2018

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Wrageowrapper posted:

What's the deal with Jordan Peterson? All I know is that he appeared on Bill Maher like a week or so ago. Prior to that, I'd seen him mentioned somewhere else and it made it sound like he was some kind of wacko.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Max Wilco posted:

What's the deal with Jordan Peterson? All I know is that he appeared on Bill Maher like a week or so ago. Prior to that, I'd seen him mentioned somewhere else and it made it sound like he was some kind of wacko.

Canadian university professor who is terrified of the neo marxists with no idea what philosophy actually entails.

He's this generation's "things were better back in my imaginary nostalgia past, so stop getting uppity." types. He's just better at debating and trapping his opponents into making fools of themselves.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 5, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Jordan Peterson: We'll I just want white males to dominate everyone else in the world, guess you got a lot of growing up to do.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now don't take this video as an endorsement of the content producer, because I don't know anything about Cult of Dusty, but this is a pretty succinct summary of how Peterson blew up into this phenomenon.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Peterson also has a really bad case of Academic Speak, where you just pad out everything with jargon and complicated sentence structure where it's not actually necessary, to the point that all meaning gets strangled. Which seems to attract people who want to feel smart by reading stuff like "clean your room and you will feel less depressed" but overgrown with ivory tower speak.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Max Wilco posted:

Hes a kermit the frog-rear end sounding motherfucker whose general thesis is basically conservative :biotruths: through the lens of third-tier self help speaking and a questionable grasp of mythology. His whole strategy is to dogwhistle by taking superficially logical statements ("there are biological differences between males and females...") and pad it out with jargon until he's just shy of stating what his audience already believes ("...therefore, trans people doesn't real and women are just crazy and stupid because of their vaginas") without actually stating it in clear terms.

Also he's incredibly loving dumb and lacks basic literacy in even his own loving field, and once, infamously, took a critic saying his work had a bad habit of "romancing the Savage" as an actual, for real accusation that he was horny for a particular male native American coworker.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think he also started arguing with a Twitter account that just reposted quotes from Zizek or someone like that, for no particular reason

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

khwarezm posted:

Got harassed, decided they couldn't take the stress on top of stuff in their personal life and took a step away. Mostly sticks to video hang-outs with other Youtube leftists nowadays.

Max Wilco posted:

He's very good at saying a lot of words with the veneer of legitimacy while actually saying nothing of value, the perfect figure for the Alt-Right to champion. As Contra put in her video, he's fond off dancing around his actual positions and baiting people into either getting frustrated and dropping the point, or falling into a trap that he can use to impress the kind of idiots who'll upload the clips with JORDAN PETERSON ANALLY DESTROYS HYSTERICAL POSTMODERNIST as the title or some poo poo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SteelMentor posted:

He's very good at saying a lot of words with the veneer of legitimacy while actually saying nothing of value, the perfect figure for the Alt-Right to champion. As Contra put in her video, he's fond off dancing around his actual positions and baiting people into either getting frustrated and dropping the point, or falling into a trap that he can use to impress the kind of idiots who'll upload the clips with JORDAN PETERSON ANALLY DESTROYS HYSTERICAL POSTMODERNIST as the title or some poo poo

So a lot like Kevin Williamson or Ross Douthat or that crazy George Mason economist, Robin Hanson. Just paragraphs and paragraphs or tweets upon tweets of plausible deniability in purple prose.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So a lot like Kevin Williamson or Ross Douthat or that crazy George Mason economist, Robin Hanson. Just paragraphs and paragraphs or tweets upon tweets of plausible deniability in purple prose.

Basically, except that Petersen is in the humanities (and is usually the first non-dismissive exposure a lot of his fans have to the humanities) so there's an extra layer of pseudo-mystical woo in his appeal.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

SuperButterBuns has a new video on the Kingdom Hearts series and I don't know if I'd recommend anyone to take Buns' advice but at the same time it's rather sensible. Anyone who makes a guide on how to get into a large and convoluted series like KH has to be a good soul. These kind of videos are so good for people although I can't think of many series like KH where playing just about every game is part of the gameplan to prepare for KH3.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

DoubleCakes posted:

SuperButterBuns has a new video on the Kingdom Hearts series and I don't know if I'd recommend anyone to take Buns' advice but at the same time it's rather sensible. Anyone who makes a guide on how to get into a large and convoluted series like KH has to be a good soul. These kind of videos are so good for people although I can't think of many series like KH where playing just about every game is part of the gameplan to prepare for KH3.

I disagree with Buns, the best plan is to play KH3 entirely blind to the series beyond cultural osmosis and memes, but only because that's my plan.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm glad that reviewers like Phelous and Nostalgia Critic are tackling knockoff movies. They're a weird oddity of bad media.

MariusLecter posted:

White Privilege and Fragility - Get Out | Renegade Cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52B7IwWGOg

Disappointed this didn't end on the logical conclusion of kicking those people out of the Democrat leadership in favor of actual progressives.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 5, 2018

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

FoldableHuman posted:

I disagree with Buns, the best plan is to play KH3 entirely blind to the series beyond cultural osmosis and memes, but only because that's my plan.

Don't forget skipping cutscenes so you can get to the gameplay faster.

And to avoid the cutscenes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ApeHawk posted:

Don't forget skipping cutscenes so you can get to the gameplay faster.

And to avoid the cutscenes.

KH3 is gonna be in engine cutscenes can’t skip those!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Fun fact: the guy who wrote The Book of Henry is best friends with Jordan Peterson.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Fun fact: the guy who wrote The Book of Henry is best friends with Jordan Peterson.

this makes far too much sense

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The guy who wrote The Book of Henry has friends???

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I still think of the book of henry a lot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Basically, except that Petersen is in the humanities (and is usually the first non-dismissive exposure a lot of his fans have to the humanities) so there's an extra layer of pseudo-mystical woo in his appeal.

Peterson's got a GREAT grift going on. He tells his fans that we need to defund humanities and all because it's all cultural marxists and his entire industry is based around being young men's first experience to someone reading meaning into stories in a real way so his absolute loving drivel of 'you see in Peter Pan the children don't want to grow up because Captain Hook is the only adult they see around them...and that means somehow the feminists and minorities are destroying the world' seems revolutionary and amazing.

He's probably one of the genuinely dumbest pieces of poo poo in the west but his entire scam is trying to make sure he's the first and only person his target demo encounters like a fuckin cult leader.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Jordan Peterson does story analysis? But he's not that kind of humanities professor - he's a clinical psychologist.

Of course, he's also not a philosophy professor, but he's never let that stopped him from calling his ideas "philosophy", so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he'd delve into other areas for which he's ill-equipped.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

He's a blowhard who acts like they know everything while knowing very little, perfect for the turds he panders to.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Falstaff posted:

Jordan Peterson does story analysis? But he's not that kind of humanities professor - he's a clinical psychologist.

Of course, he's also not a philosophy professor, but he's never let that stopped him from calling his ideas "philosophy", so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he'd delve into other areas for which he's ill-equipped.

His take on Frozen is a few steps up from Stephen Molyneux's.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wingnut welfare is incredible. peterson gets more in a month from patreon than the average american household earns in a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Puppy Time posted:

Peterson also has a really bad case of Academic Speak, where you just pad out everything with jargon and complicated sentence structure where it's not actually necessary, to the point that all meaning gets strangled. Which seems to attract people who want to feel smart by reading stuff like "clean your room and you will feel less depressed" but overgrown with ivory tower speak.

He has a lot in common with the self-help industry and even cult leaders in that regard, where the point seems to be to keep talking for hours using indirect language that forces people to work harder than they have to in figuring out what he's saying, lulling them into a kind of trance. He's dangerous because he's a reactionary and attracts the nazi teens and 30-somethings.