Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy crap, as soon as they did the "Who should go home?" segment I knew that Untucked was going to be wild and The Vixen sure didn't disappoint.

Giga Pet giveaway posted:

I lost my poo poo when Monet told Kameron everyone onstage had said her and she bought it with no hesitation because of the sincerity of the delivery (and some insecurity issues probs). Full on Latrice laugh.

Ha, I had the opposite reaction and went "Aw no :ohdear:"

esperterra posted:

e: also i love how eureka was like the one girl to not name the vixen but still got the brunt of her anger lmfao

She really genuinely can't understand why Eureka keeps getting praise when she keeps getting critiqued and then got "tossed under the Greyhound" and it shortcircuits her brain.

Accusing someone of being "unprofessional" because they were drawing focus in the Snatch Game (or any time they're on stage, really) is crazy talk, especially when they were getting laughs when they did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Eureka was funny (a lot funnier than the other baby thing, imo), but she wasn't actually responding to the Snatch Game prompts in any way.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Omg the Bey/Blue Ivy thing was cringy as gently caress, watching Monique commit actual suicide on stage from the critique on was cringy as gently caress, and I'm glad The Vixen will be back next week because she needs to sit in the mess she made during untucked.

Asia's runway was something else. From the neck up, I liked the idea but... maybe she should have watched some Nina Bo'Nina videos on the youtube.

lol I want to see Watcha Packin with Monique sitting there with rolls of fabric in the back telling Michelle what she was planning on whipping up 30 minutes before runway. I love her anyway.

I have to say I loved the nod to Bette Midler's Divine Madness because my grandma would let me watch that when I was 7 :*( I wish they had to lip sync while wheeling themselves around, that would have been less messy than what actually happened.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Looks like the bitch is already putting that RPDR coin to good use, America.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

seizure later posted:

Eureka seemingly gets praised for mediocrity (always a body suit, always a hair loaf, always the same loving makeup) and is probably a contender for being the most one note contestant in Drag Race history. you can like Eureka all you want but if multiple people, and going by twitter reactions to the season it's a lil more than just a few, are confused as to why she continuously gets overpraised, then maybe they have a point.

What kind of hair did Eureka wear the last two episodes?

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

do u believe in marigolds posted:

What kind of hair did Eureka wear the last two episodes?

Yeah she actually wore different hair last week but let's not pretend this week's wasn't another loaf

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I feel awful that cracker got two jokes, flubbed one of them by talking to the wrong contestant and then retroactively got the crickets edit on her other decent joke

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Yeaaaaahhhh I am all aboard the irrational Eureka anti-fan club hate train as well.

For what it's worth I really do think she did a good job overall, and was funny, but her answers and jokes were completely one note and the judges didn't address it at all.
I was getting flashbacks to Jaidynn Diore Fierce's season where she did Raven Simone. It was the same joke four times. And for some reason she got a pass! More than a pass, she got "exceeds expectations!"

ALL OF THAT SAID
Hot drat this entire episode and untucked was MESSY AS HELL.
Honestly I think Vixen didn't mean most of what she said in untucked, I think she got stuck in a bad position where she felt she was being criticized and judged from all angles and didn't know what to say or how to defend herself so she just lashed out, and as she still doesn't know how to concede points in any discussion so it just wound up in a big blow up instead of any kind of resolution. I think everybody's been there at least once in their life. It's a bad place and a bad look.

Still, girl needs some anger management skills. Also, holy fuckin christ, DO NOT FIGHT IN FRONT OF THE JUDGES. That goes for both of them. Are you out of your MIND?

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 4, 2018

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

It's amazing that Vixen can have a huge meltdown on stage, bitch about Eureka stealing attention (in a loving snatch game no less) and try to lecture her for doing the same poo poo she's been doing all season, and people will still defend her
She thought she was hot poo poo and looked her nose down at Aquaria and Eureka and the fact they are killing it and she's barely staying afloat is killing her salty rear end. It's s pure ugly jealousy.

Re: Eureka, her material may be one note, but it's still funny and steals the show. She's entertaining and that's what matters

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

seizure later posted:

Eureka seemingly gets praised for mediocrity (always a body suit, always a hair loaf, always the same loving makeup) and is probably a contender for being the most one note contestant in Drag Race history. you can like Eureka all you want but if multiple people, and going by twitter reactions to the season it's a lil more than just a few, are confused as to why she continuously gets overpraised, then maybe they have a point.

Darrien lake got to the top 4 with a single loose glitter mumu and a bunch of fat jokes. Eureka is way more polished and diverse than her, so you're way off in your idea that she's the most one note in history.

And it's fine to not care for someone's style, I just don't get why people itt are coming off so mad about it, acting like it's an atrocity she won. This thread has a lot of hate in its heart

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Poulpe posted:

Yeaaaaahhhh I am all aboard the irrational Eureka anti-fan club hate train as well.

For what it's worth I really do think she did a good job overall, and was funny, but her answers and jokes were completely one note and the judges didn't address it at all.
I was getting flashbacks to Jaidynn Diore Fierce's season where she did Raven Simone. It was the same joke four times. And for some reason she got a pass! More than a pass, she got "exceeds expectations!"

ALL OF THAT SAID
Hot drat this entire episode and untucked was MESSY AS HELL.
Honestly I think Vixen didn't mean most of what she said in untucked, I think she got stuck in a bad position where she felt she was being criticized and judged from all angles and didn't know what to say or how to defend herself so she just lashed out, and as she still doesn't know how to concede points in any discussion so it just wound up in a big blow up instead of any kind of resolution. I think everybody's been there at least once in their life. It's a bad place and a bad look.

Still, girl needs some anger management skills. Also, holy fuckin christ, DO NOT FIGHT IN FRONT OF THE JUDGES. That goes for both of them. Are you out of your MIND?

Maybe the judges "let Eureka pass" because they don't have hate goggles on and could see that what she was doing was funny. She got genuine laughs out off Ru and the guests over and over. She had bantered with people and she kept focus on herself when she wasn't answering. That's what you're supposed to do in Snatch Game. It's not about who has the most clever answer. And as far as her answers being one note - she built on her joke every return. That's good comedy. It wasn't just a picture every time. It was a picture and an escalation. Every time she did more. You just are too caught up jerking your hate-on to see it.

I don't think Eureka is going to win. I don't think Eureka deserves to win. But she sure as poo poo is nowhere near as bad as so many people make her out to be.

And as far as fighting in front of the judges? Vixen didn't just say "I think Eureka should go home." She came for her, dragging her in front of the judges, accusing her of behavior she hasn't exhibited. Saying she's been unprofessional and a distraction to everyone is complete bullshit. Eureka has worked well with everyone except Vixen. And while some of the other girls may have said they don't find her funny, they've never said what Vixen did. If someone was telling lies about me in front of judges, I would clap back too. And Eureka didn't fight, she defended herself. She said not thing loving one about Vixen herself, just that, LIKE VIXEN SAYS ABOUT HERSELF, she can't and won't change who she is. This is some how unacceptable to Vixen even though it is her own personal credo.

Give me a loving break.

Maybe it's the editing, but every single loving time Eureka says anything at all, Vixen is there with an eyeroll or a whispered bitchy comment. And while they were getting ready for the runway, out of nowhere it seemed Vixen tried to start poo poo with Eureka. Eureka is trying to make idle chit chat with her and Vixen comes for her. Again. And Eureka did the right thing and didn't engage. So Vixen is left wanting more and makes a loving scene on stage. She is so loving fixated on Eureka and what Eureka is doing and how she's going to cut down Eureka or needle her that she's not paying attention to herself. That's why every loving week Eureka has been good and Vixen has been bad. Vixen is in her own god drat way because she can't let it go and focus on herself. And she's going to keep losing until she does.

Dear Prudence fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 4, 2018

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I greatly dislike Eureka in general, but I agree that this week Vixen came for her as a bully. She has so far only been reacting to people being lovely to her, and is now pulling a total 180.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Dear Prudence posted:

Maybe the judges "let Eureka pass" because they don't have hate goggles on and could see that what she was doing was funny. She got genuine laughs out off Ru and the guests over and over. She had bantered with people and she kept focus on herself when she wasn't answering. That's what you're supposed to do in Snatch Game. It's not about who has the most clever answer. And as far as her answers being one note - she built on her joke every return. That's good comedy. It wasn't just a picture every time. It was a picture and an escalation. Every time she did more. You just are too caught up jerking your hate-on to see it.

I don't think Eureka is going to win. I don't think Eureka deserves to win. But she sure as poo poo is nowhere near as bad as so many people make her out to be.

Y'know, I gave and still give her props for her performance, she was boistrous and made jokes and got attention on her.
She also didn't play Snatch Game. She ignored every prompt like it was a distraction instead of actually being clever and funny.
I think that deserves criticism, and I think that's largely why Aquaria won. That said, the fact that such a clear critique didn't make air time is making me think she's getting a top 3 edit.

Dear Prudence posted:

And as far as fighting in front of the judges? Vixen didn't just say "I think Eureka should go home." She came for her, dragging her in front of the judges, accusing her of behavior she hasn't exhibited. Saying she's been unprofessional and a distraction to everyone is complete bullshit. Eureka has worked well with everyone except Vixen. And while some of the other girls may have said they don't find her funny, they've never said what Vixen did. If someone was telling lies about me in front of judges, I would clap back too. And Eureka didn't fight, she defended herself. She said not thing loving one about Vixen herself, just that, LIKE VIXEN SAYS ABOUT HERSELF, she can't and won't change who she is. This is some how unacceptable to Vixen even though it is her own personal credo.

Give me a loving break.

I'm not saying she should have stayed quiet, for the record. Go ahead and defend yourself, that's fine, but also know when to say your piece and move on!
By the end of that interaction it was all about winning the conversation, not actually bringing anything further to light. That made both of them look awful in my books, even if Eureka was in the right.

As for my "hate goggles", I still think Eureka is petty and insecure and attention hungry, (or at least her edit is giving that vibe in a huge way) and frankly, even though it's polished, she's one-note drag wise. I don't have to like her :shrug:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The judges aren't gonna read Eureka for being one-note and having a gimmick to get through Snatch Game because she entertained them. Ru pretty much said the only important thing is whether it's funny or not.

Like, yeah, her default is to go for loud and obnoxious because that's what comes naturally to her, and it's not a lot of people's cup of tea. She found a gimmick that would let her get by while also killing it in the judge's eyes. Good on her.

People thinking she should've been docked for not following the supposed rules of Snatch Game are delusional.

Facts are facts, America.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

seizure later posted:

(always a body suit, always a hair loaf, always the same loving makeup)

Bianca wore the same dress and face p much every week and has like 7 jokes. Plenty of fan faves and even some winners are one note or have one silhouette. Eureka is good at what she does. Finding her obnoxious is fine but lol she's doing well in the competition and there's nothing wrong with that.

and loving LOL at everyone acting like there's a right or wrong way to play Snatch Game. All you have to do is make Ru laugh. We going to come for Willam now for putting up a cardboard cutout of Jessica Simpson and walking off during his?

e: and poo poo she didnt even win snatch game, aquaria did, so who loving cares if she doodled on the cards?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Does anybody think honey boo boo would actually respond to the prompts on match game? Hell no, she'd wander off to crafter services and start making sculptures out of the food. It's really weird to criticize her for doing her character accurately.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

jit bull transpile posted:

Does anybody think honey boo boo would actually respond to the prompts on match game? Hell no, she'd wander off to crafter services and start making sculptures out of the food. It's really weird to criticize her for doing her character accurately.

Yes this. "She didn't respond to the questions!" You mean like a sugared up 6 year old diva wouldn't respond to the questions?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Man, and I don't even stan for Eureka. But the way some posters here and many posters in other places are letting their dislike of her personality bleed into acting like she hasn't deserved all the praise these past weeks is cray.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Now I wanna see Eureka about to get crowned at the finale, but Alex Trebek pops up on the big screen to say "After checking with the judges, it seems that you violated Snatch Game rules. I'm sorry, my dear, but you're disqualified".

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Agreed. Each episode my willingness to give Vixen the benefit of the doubt evaporation and now it's gone. She showed her true colours as a petty, jealous hipocrit bully, and it sucks that Monique had to leave. Here's hoping third time's the charm.

Speaking of, I am surprised SpongeBob outlasted Monique, would have thought for sure she'd be booted before Monique.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

The judges aren't gonna read Eureka for being one-note and having a gimmick to get through Snatch Game because she entertained them. Ru pretty much said the only important thing is whether it's funny or not.

Like, yeah, her default is to go for loud and obnoxious because that's what comes naturally to her, and it's not a lot of people's cup of tea. She found a gimmick that would let her get by while also killing it in the judge's eyes. Good on her.

People thinking she should've been docked for not following the supposed rules of Snatch Game are delusional.

Facts are facts, America.

I think that snatch game is asking you to be entertaining and ALSO to be quick witted! Bad responses and being unable to come up with a funny reply to the prompt is why the vast majority of failed snatch game performances fail.

If the optimal strategy is to pick someone that can't/won't reply to the prompts and just be TOTALLY RIDONKULOUS otherwise we'd just have season 4 romper room nonsense across the board.

Using a character to ignore every quesion, particularly doing so the same way 4 times, is lazy, even if you're entertaining!
That is the improv equivalent of "No, but" instead of "Yes, and"
All I wanted is for her to be clocked for that, on top her deserved praise.

(Also for her to be told to stop wearing bodysuits because holy crap girl it's EVERY WEEK with you.)

esperterra posted:

and loving LOL at everyone acting like there's a right or wrong way to play Snatch Game. All you have to do is make Ru laugh. We going to come for Willam now for putting up a cardboard cutout of Jessica Simpson and walking off during his?
:jerkbag:
As stated above, I think ignoring the game and being rambunctious instead is lazy, and the judges and/or editing disagree. No need to get all high and mighty.

Dear Prudence posted:

Yes this. "She didn't respond to the questions!" You mean like a sugared up 6 year old diva wouldn't respond to the questions?
Do you think Beyonce's 4 year old daughter could or would? Why wasn't Vixen criticized for giving (bad) answers instead of doodling? This is a silly argument.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Poulpe posted:

Do you think Beyonce's 4 year old daughter could or would? Why wasn't Vixen criticized for giving (bad) answers instead of doodling? This is a silly argument.

Cuz t'weren't funny

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sure Eureka was loud and rambunctious, but she wasn't stepping on everyone else, either. She interacted w/ the judges and other queens without drowning people out/interrupting them like Asia or Vixen did. Girl didn't step on any toes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Enough of us seriously dislike Eureka that you can't just call the sentiment a petty hate boner. I find her lazy, loud, obnoxious, and generally unfunny. Vixen was ugly during critique and all, but Eureka's inability to keep her mouth shut was a bad look. I don't care if you like her, but it's not like mine is a fundamentally incorrect opinion.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Enough of us seriously dislike Eureka that you can't just call the sentiment a petty hate boner. I find her lazy, loud, obnoxious, and generally unfunny. Vixen was ugly during critique and all, but Eureka's inability to keep her mouth shut was a bad look. I don't care if you like her, but it's not like mine is a fundamentally incorrect opinion.

We're mostly responding to how nasty people are being about it. Some ppl itt come off hella angry.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Propaganda Machine posted:

esperterra posted:

I can get people not liking Eureka's personality or w/e (I've liked her since S9 tbf), but acting like she hasn't slayed the past three weeks is just silly af.

esperterra posted:

Eureka is good at what she does. Finding her obnoxious is fine but lol she's doing well in the competition and there's nothing wrong with that.

I never said it was.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Poulpe posted:

She was criticized for giving bad answers. Her answers weren't funny and they told her that. Did you even watch the judging?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

We're mostly responding to how nasty people are being about it. Some ppl itt come off hella angry.

I haven’t found the time to forgive Eureka for some of the racist stuff she’s said on social media, and that’s a big part of the reason I don’t like her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eureka has definitely said some dumbass poo poo online, but to her credit she's always apologized and seems to legit be trying to learn more w/r/t race and grow from it.

But! I also totally get not forgiving her b/c, ignorant or not, she's a public figure and prob should have been working harder to be more aware beforehand.

e: like at least eureka hasn't pulled any sharons when people were rightfully offended by her saying poo poo she shouldn't have, or not realizing the implication of saying something she thought was good but worded terribly

esperterra fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 4, 2018

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Dear Prudence posted:

She was criticized for giving bad answers. Her answers weren't funny and they told her that. Did you even watch the judging?

Yes and my point is that "Honey Boo Boo wouldn't write!!" is a silly argument because Beyonce's 4 year old DEFINITELY wouldn't write.
But the judges didn't say "why didn't you draw pictures like Eureka?!"
They said "your answers were bad."

Being true to the character and being funny are two different things and I maintain that scribbling was lazy.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I haven’t found the time to forgive Eureka for some of the racist stuff she’s said on social media, and that’s a big part of the reason I don’t like her.

I mean, I get that. I feel the same way about Bianca and even my wife is telling me to forgive and forget on that one.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

eureka did good but she did honey boo boo. which is as close to just playing herself for snatch game as you can get

vixen's brand of petty hypocritical boisterous tv is something i live for. bring her back, season after season. she's my villain baby!! i want her to shout the house down every episode and make these queens miserable.

eureka's fine. i get shes doing a good job and drat her look last week i ADORED. but its a reality tv comp. there's no moral obligation to like her or enjoy seeing her weep and make chunky jokes. if you don't have Hate Goggles and Love Goggles on when watching drag race, what a passionless experience!!!

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

I'd say the only poster coming off as hella angry is Dear Prudence

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
I really did like when Eureka called out everyone else for only having fat jokes for her, only to have the remaining four queens make fat jokes.

C'mon queens you got better material than that

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Ya fatshaming ain't cool.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Eureka also did a "I drew a picture of a bunny" joke for the Lady Bunny question so the people saying she ignored all the questions aren't even right about that. I don't really care for her stuff but that point people are making is just kinda BS.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If you think Eureka was obnoxious and a scene stealer as Honey Boo Boo then I guess it's a good thing she didn't do Divine as she originally planned ... :v:

Also I was pleasantly surprised that Kameron played Chyna the wrestler and didn't mention her weird sex tapes but I guess if Whitney Houston's drug problems were off the board then a similar level of restraint applies to other dead celebrities.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
My favorite part of the episode was the obvious blur effect on Ru's hairline during the runway.
Dunno why everyone was so down on Asia's fish mask. Sure the painting on it wasn't perfect but it was creative as hell among all these little mermaids. The Vixen's boobs are giving me Soft Sculpture Realness. If Eureka really wanted to go Ursula sea witch fantasy, she could at least have had the balls to do a bunch of tentacles, or done something else to evoke a different sea creature than "goth fish". Come on Sharon Needles blood capsules. (Though i will admit i really have been enjoying her these past couple weeks) Aquaria loving destroyed this runway and she deserved that win 100%.
I propose a new Snatch Game Curse: Anyone associated with Beyonce is doomed to failure. Straight up. Every single time has been garbage.

I am proud of Monique taking that elimination so well after loving up the lipsync so hard.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So now that half the queens are gone, it's time to start thinking about Miss C. Is it still going to be a fan vote? Are they finally gonna split it into true Miss Congeniality and Miss Fan Favorite?

Going by traditional rules (most congenial, but based on what the viewers see), I'd say these are the biggest contenders:
  • Monique - for being the heart of season 10 (through her uplifting werkroom banter)
  • Asia - for motherliness, being helpful fish in the werkroom
  • Mayhem - for attempting to bring peace between queens, providing pep talks in Untucked
  • Blair - for general sweetness
  • Kameron - for muscles being a drama-free queen
  • Eureka - to make everyone's head explode as she wins both the crown and Miss C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Asia's fish mask killed me every single time the camera panned to her. It was like I was watching a live action BoJack Horseman.

• Locked thread