Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

You guys suck

Not nearly as much as Bank of America though

Triple Death is carried out by launching the condemned out of a trebuchet into a big pit that's on fire, and also they're shot with a poison bullet in midair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

glam rock hamhock posted:

gently caress! I accidentally reported the Swery Kickstarter thing for fraud because I got a notification from my bank about the suspicious charge. All the charge said was tokyo money transfer and I had no idea what that was so I reported it. Now I might have trouble with Kickstarter and might not have a card for a few days which is really annoying for other reasons. I'm trying to get in touch with my bank but it's late and I'm stuck in hold where I think the loop they are playing over and over is literally ten seconds long and ends with the same message repeated over and over and it's driving me mad.

Great, KS are going to take that money out and now Swery won't be able to make the game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Saint Freak posted:

It never occurred to me the name Smash Mouth meant anything before today.

https://twitter.com/heyshanmurphy/status/992561754831048704

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cool Mechanic
https://twitter.com/jesseringrose/status/992500921744543744

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Ciaphas posted:

20 years ago i went in to my bofa branch to withdraw cash from the teller to go buy a couple games, not having a credit or bank card yet
bofa deeze nuts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Support your local credit unions IMO

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

True they are generally at least marginally better than national banks. There are proposals to bring back banking through the post office, but they likely won't get anywhere.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i keep meaning to do this but when i think about switching i'm either lazy or it's sunday

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm only a few pages into Fat Cat At Large but so far it is entertaining.

The titular cat managed to break into a sealed container that was filled with pineapple coconut dessert bars and now he is fatter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is there a warning about feeding your cat desserts in the book

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

is there a warning about feeding your cat desserts in the book

It contains recipes for making desserts for both you and your cat, though I have not checked to see if the desserts have been split into "desserts for humans" and "desserts for cats" or if it means that the desserts are safe for both

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

be your own bank, all you need is about 10 high end video cards

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

be your own bank, all you need is about 10 high end video cards

i feel like this mining thing retroactively financially justifies my choice to buy a 1080ti

it... it doesn't, but, y'know

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Send your money to me. I have a safe and a shotgun and invest in the safest asset of them all: Steam Cards.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i thought maybe my brain was broken for not liking TLOU but I'm enjoying Prey so maybe I'm okay after all

I also got Gravity Rush Remastered and Yakuza Kiwami in the psn sale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

even orc and umbrella core? え

Those don't count (western trash and multiplayer AIDS, respectively)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

i thought maybe my brain was broken for not liking TLOU but I'm enjoying Prey so maybe I'm okay after all

I also got Gravity Rush Remastered and Yakuza Kiwami in the psn sale

You didn't like the insanely boring naughty dog game where Nathan drake is afraid of zombies? Hope your Brain is ok.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Those don't count (western trash and multiplayer AIDS, respectively)
good, I was worried

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

It contains recipes for making desserts for both you and your cat, though I have not checked to see if the desserts have been split into "desserts for humans" and "desserts for cats" or if it means that the desserts are safe for both

This book seems to be very irresponsible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to play ORC someday though, once PS3 piracy is easy bc I don't want to spend money on that crap

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

You didn't like the insanely boring naughty dog game where Nathan drake is afraid of zombies? Hope your Brain is ok.
to build on this

- really repetitive gameplay (its clickers! its bandits! its clickers! its bandits! find a ladder! find a raft! its clickers! find a ladder)

- enemies take more than one headshot to kill lol

- joel sucks

- nonstop waist high cover level design

- stealth is so so bad

- weapons feel like garbage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

the mp is good but yeah i was snoozin a bunch during the game. the one part i really liked was creepin up on the sniper cause it was like that wide-linear philosophy they ran with in uncharted4 and uncharted LL that really imo made that series actually interesting to play. you had to get to the end of the zone but your route was your own to make through the trapped buildings and firing lane streets. a whole game with that philosophy could be cool but it would probably get in the way of their story ambitions or whatever for the serious drama zombie ladder and raft puzzle simulator

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

I want to play ORC someday though, once PS3 piracy is easy bc I don't want to spend money on that crap
if you have an xbox 360, a sata cable, and a high quality dvd+r dl, your crime dreams can come true

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

to build on this

- really repetitive gameplay (its clickers! its bandits! its clickers! its bandits! find a ladder! find a raft! its clickers! find a ladder)

- enemies take more than one headshot to kill lol

- joel sucks

- nonstop waist high cover level design

- stealth is so so bad

- weapons feel like garbage

Real hurthling! posted:

the mp is good but yeah i was snoozin a bunch during the game. the one part i really liked was creepin up on the sniper cause it was like that wide-linear philosophy they ran with in uncharted4 and uncharted LL that really imo made that series actually interesting to play. you had to get to the end of the zone but your route was your own to make through the trapped buildings and firing lane streets. a whole game with that philosophy could be cool but it would probably get in the way of their story ambitions or whatever for the serious drama zombie ladder and raft puzzle simulator

I haven't played a naughty dog game since I rented Jak II at a blockbuster, I assume all their games are equally trash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

uncharted 1 is especially trash

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait so Last of Us is bad? I had a (digital) copy that I got during some sale that I was hoping to get to at some point based on the hype, but I dunno now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Wait so Last of Us is bad? I had a (digital) copy that I got during some sale that I was hoping to get to at some point based on the hype, but I dunno now.

seems to depend entirely on if you like the protags

i was indifferent to both and as referenced above the actual game kinda sucked so i never bothered to finish it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
-Install SkyrimVR
-Download Yennifer from Witcher 3 voiced companion mod
-Download blades of chaos from God of War mod
-Download custom voice commands mod

...BAE.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raxivace posted:

tons of people love it. but theres people like me that were very bored too. probably gotta make your own opinion. the mp is solid and very competitive tho.

its kinda like every sony story game but for some reason lotsa people really dig this version of mr gruff buffman and child that must learn to survive

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think its okay-to-occasionally-good, but pretty much everything they're saying about it is true. not a high bar but imo its one of the better entries in the Cover Shooter Generation (2006-2013) because there's some interesting stuff mechanically going on sometimes, especially if you play on the harder difficulties. most of the level design encourages you to take control of the fights and subvert them as much as possible, lot of open cover and ammo is kinda scarce so its in your best interest to avoid having straight gun fights and instead take advantage of the terrain to lure enemies into disadvantageous positions or sneak away and come up behind them to bash their skulls in. except sometimes its not and you get a bad stealth area or boring cover on cover encounter

but also now its become identifiable as the first of the Dad Game Generation (2013-) where all the game writers have gotten old and are having kids all at the same time, so everyone is writing games with incredibly shallow themes of mortality and fatherhood so it must be destroyed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

It's good but I also wasn't brain hurt by Jak 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that comment up there about headshots is gonna draw out the semi famous copy pasta from the sony thread that always gets posted when people complain. that thread shuts down for pages and pages everytime the game comes up and people flip out at each other

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think getting a headshot should instantly kill an enemy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

especially if they're weird fungus monsters

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In a game that prioritizes ammo conservation I'd appreciate it, especially with the stealth being so bad

I like when I stealth through an area and then a scripted enemy runs at me which causes the enemies I stealthed past to attack me (this happens as late as the hospital lol)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't care about head shots not being fatal because it's a videogame, which is also my response to the boring ludonarative dissonance derail.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if i got shot in the head, i'd probably die

maybe

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The enemies felt like they took the same amount of damage to kill as an Uncharted enemy, a game where you have a billion bullets and weapons and are an action hero

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i've been laughing for ten straight minutes at the realization in this that don flamenco looks like nicholas cage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMn-Q8mccyw&t=1150s]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
remember the Dead Island moba
lol

• Locked thread