Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chip Ganassi UK? wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

It's good to see ByKloles still applies.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I feel as though i need to preemptively apologize to the Misc racing thread on behalf of the F1 thread for DoctorGonzo.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Schlesische posted:

It's good to see ByKloles still applies.

Although it’s also nice to see them in a proper race against a car of similar speed.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Powershift posted:

I feel as though i need to preemptively apologize to the Misc racing thread on behalf of the F1 thread for DoctorGonzo.

if he's saying Forza Ferrari he's watching the LMGTE-Am race and no-one cares.

Dudley posted:

Although it’s also nice to see them in a proper race against a car of similar speed.

speaking of LMGTE-Am...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Chip Ganassi UK? wtf

It's basically what they came up with to separate their 2 Ford GTs when they first brought them in, one of them has US drivers and the other is UK drivers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have a feeling one of these announcers just earned himself some mandatory sensitivity training.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

njsykora posted:

It's basically what they came up with to separate their 2 Ford GTs when they first brought them in, one of them has US drivers and the other is UK drivers.

I think it's actually Chip Ganassi US runs the IMSA Ford GTs and they have a smaller UK branch that runs the WEC Ford GTs.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oh poo poo thats just like fittipaldi

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Exact same spot as yesterday.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I really really hate that part of this track

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Basticle posted:

oh poo poo thats just like fittipaldi

Yeah, seems a lot less likely suddenly that was a car failure yesterday doesn’t it?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Looked like his right arm or hand is broken from how he was holding it :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CactusWeasle posted:

I really really hate that part of this track

I don't think you're allowed to hate eau rouge.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Powershift posted:

I don't think you're allowed to hate eau rouge.

I don't

I hate Radillon

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dudley posted:

Yeah, seems a lot less likely suddenly that was a car failure yesterday doesn’t it?

except he had a tire blow today?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Basticle posted:

Both accidents had that weird brown smoke develop at roughly the same time they stopped turning at roughly the same point.
The Ford GT accident could be that Tincknell lost front end grip because he was following the one in front too close into Eau Rouge and he locked up trying to get the car to point properly.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If anyone can’t get another stream and doesn’t mind French commentary, L’Equipe are streaming it live https://m.lequipe.fr/Sport-auto/Actualites/Les-6-heures-de-spa-en-direct-video/898546

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

If you're on Discord I'll link a youtube stream.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where is Nando

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Where is Nando

in our hearts

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Where is Nando

Probably making some sort of deal with the devil to keep the engine in one piece for his entire stint.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Where is Nando

His stint just started, I'd imagine he'll run a double/until his Engine blows up.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Where is Nando

#8 Toyota

...meanwhile good to see Sportscar racing retains its inherent sportscar-ness, even in TYOOL 2018: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/news/sports-cars/manor-pulls-out-spa-6-hours

quote:

TRS Manor has been forced to withdraw from this weekend's 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the opening round of the World Endurance Championship 'superseason', as Ginetta cites a lack of payment.

this obviously is not a good thing but so typically sportscar to have the organizations turfed by lovely "yeah don't worry we've got money" people.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dragonspeed confirmed that Fittipaldi's crash was due to an electrical gremlin. He has a compound fracture though :stonk:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Basticle posted:

Yeah so it seems, that was not clear when I posted.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

harperdc posted:

#8 Toyota

...meanwhile good to see Sportscar racing retains its inherent sportscar-ness, even in TYOOL 2018: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/news/sports-cars/manor-pulls-out-spa-6-hours

this obviously is not a good thing but so typically sportscar to have the organizations turfed by lovely "yeah don't worry we've got money" people.

No drug lords willing to launder money this year?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Powershift posted:

I have a feeling one of these announcers just earned himself some mandatory sensitivity training.

Martin Haven seems to be going for the Harvey Weistein crown

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So I check back to see DragonSpeed have a drive through because Pastor was speeding through the pit lane then....

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I just mowed the lawn, what did I miss in the last 2 hours?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

what a dumb loving mistake for the crew to make

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

thread title: Ferrari gonna Ferrari

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The first complaint about BoP in the superseason goes to...

FERRARI!

It's magical how Ferrari (AF Corse, Ferrari themselves probably don't give a poo poo) only finds problems with the regulations when they don't suit them.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Schlesische posted:

The first complaint about BoP in the superseason goes to...

FERRARI!

It's magical how Ferrari (AF Corse, Ferrari themselves probably don't give a poo poo) only finds problems with the regulations when they don't suit them.

Thats everyone though?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Basticle posted:

Thats everyone though?

Ford and Porsche mostly reserve themselves publicly so they can try and undermine it more effectively by just going to the bossman.
BMW doesn't tend to publicly criticize it because they need all the bonuses they can get. Like they just whine about how they were hard done by and how their car isn't a colossal pile of garbage (it is) and get some small bonus back (that does nothing because the m8 is hot garbage).
This is the first season in a while where Aston Martin are going to be hot garbage.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
loving pastor nearly caused Nando to bin it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

pastor almost pastor'd

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is the 6 hours streaming on the wec website or do I have to find other means of watching it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Did they just call pastor “this potential accident”?