Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

No challenge on that double call? Torreyes looked safe.

I was surprised at the lack of challenge but also that loving call was embarrassing. How can a "professional" do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Inspector_666 posted:

I was surprised at the lack of challenge but also that loving call was embarrassing. How can a "professional" do that?

Yeah that was pretty bad. I initially thought he looked safe on the Yankees feed, but he looked out on the Astros feed so it was probably a good no call.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

Why are you like this?

Is that not a true statement?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Is that not a true statement?

Andujar was only out because the ball bounced perfectly back to McCann and he made a perfect toss to McCullers who then managed to make the tag.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

Andujar was only out because the ball bounced perfectly back to McCann and he made a perfect toss to McCullers who then managed to make the tag.

It was a questionable send. You don't make the last out at home plate. Especially with Judge up.

This first base ump is single handedly keeping the Astros in the game...

Whats the point of replay if they aren't going to get calls like that right? Utter bullshit. That inning was peak horseshit.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 3, 2018

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Chad Green has been real bad this year. He's been missing his spots by a lot. He had better control of his fastball last year.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ihatepants posted:

Chad Green has been real bad this year. He's been missing his spots by a lot. He had better control of his fastball last year.

before today he had a 1.93 ERA and similar peripherals to 2017. so... what are you talking about?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

He's been fine. He pitched in very bad luck today.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

Why are you like this?

I’m convinced McMagic is some kind of false flag poster who is purposefully trying to be the most stereotypically terrible Yankees fan of all time to make us all look bad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This would be a terrific time for Gleyber's first career homer.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

before today he had a 1.93 ERA and similar peripherals to 2017. so... what are you talking about?

He also gave up one hard hit ball today...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
GLEYBER MOTHERFUCKING TORRES MOTHERFUCKERS.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
As soon as Torres jerseys are available I'm all over that.

Can't get a Severino one because, you know, pitchers.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

I mean he is still getting his strike outs but it seems like last year he was hitting the glove where Sanchez would set up and this year it's a little more wild. Still effective but not quite as accurate. Also he has allowed more inherited runners to score this year (33%), compared to 12% last year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

1 undeserving MVP blown the gently caress away.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

1 undeserving MVP blown the gently caress away.

hahaha! Sometimes your perpetual anger and lack of perspective makes me laugh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

hahaha! Sometimes your perpetual anger and lack of perspective makes me laugh.

I'm really not that angry. it's not football season...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
win dance repeat

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/992153801111912448

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What would the yankees' record be if they had Torres at 2nd and Andujar at 3rd from the start of the season...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it would be about the same, maybe improved by one game.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

6-1 on an AL West road trip against two of its best teams is amazing and not something that I expected. They've been playing so well these past few weeks.

Also related: Gleyber is loving awesome and looks like a veteran out there, not a newly called up rookie :swoon:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Gleyber hit his first career home run and instead of them showing his reaction as he rounds the bases, they cut to a shot of John Sterling and his reaction. Awful.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
This loving team you guys.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ihatepants posted:

Gleyber hit his first career home run and instead of them showing his reaction as he rounds the bases, they cut to a shot of John Sterling and his reaction. Awful.

In fairness I think that was more internal since Cone had started the game reading the pitcher's HR rates and said "Sterling's going to have a good day." So they were just playing on that.

But still, its weird.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Using Chapman today was questionable. 4 out of 6 days..... They should pull him now.

Miguel "not ready for the majors" Andujar. They can't lose games no matter how hard they try heh.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 5, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yankee Magic.

(Inspector I didn’t get an extra bobble head my bad)

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
If Bird gets hurt again, is it crazy to get Sanchez some practice at first? Dude just doesn't seem like a natural behind the plate.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I was sweating like Aroldis Chapman in that ninth inning. Glad they pulled it off. Kudos to Walker for drawing a walk to help set the table for Andujar.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

Yankee Magic.

(Inspector I didn’t get an extra bobble head my bad)

A friend of mine was there, apparently, and he snagged a spare! Thanks though!

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It's weird how the Indians look so terrible at the plate when not carving up Chasen Shreve, although they did lose a bunch of guys, and were pretty mediocre in the first half last year. It seems crazy that they would give away a future regular in Frazier even if he's not going to be a star. At least the Cubs can argue that they're a big market team, had a bunch of infielders, etc...

It's probably not sustainable that they keep winning so many close games, but tonight for instance, they would have at minimum gotten a second run in with the Andujar hit if it wasn't the bottom of the ninth, and they had horrible luck with runners on base all game. The underlying stats suggested it shouldn't have been as close as it was.

CC turning into Jamie Moyer remains baffling and delightful.

The bottom of the lineup is brutal without Austin/Bird.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

The bottom of the lineup has Andujar and Torres, so you really mean Hicks and Walker? Walker also had a lot of really good at bats both in the last game against the Astros and last night against the Indians. He had a tough at bat right before Andujar had the game winning single, too.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Kim Jong Il posted:

I want Bird to come back healthy and do great for the rest of the season but.. not really
understanding this at all.

I guess Walker has been the weak link for most of the season but when that’s the worst thing you can say about your lineup you’re in pretty good shape overall.

What other team would not love to have Andujar and Torres as their #8-9 hitters?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

while this season is going just about as good as I could have ever imagined, Brett Gardner quietly looks extremely cooked and it makes me very sad.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Paul Zuvella posted:

while this season is going just about as good as I could have ever imagined, Brett Gardner quietly looks extremely cooked and it makes me very sad.

He's getting on base at least, but it seems like he's more comfortable fouling off hittable pitches than he is putting them in play.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
He's had slumps before, he'll be fine

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This team is 15-2 during the 18 in 18 stretch and Stanton hasn’t really gotten going yet

Gonna be super scary once he starts socking dingers left and right

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Players are always going to balance hot streaks and slumps so its just really good that the Yankees are winning when Stanton is going so bad, Sanchez isn't really fully going, and Didi's cooled off. 162 game season means just hoping those slumps and bad games and injuries don't all line up too long like they did at the start of the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Nodoze posted:

He's had slumps before, he'll be fine

Honestly if they move him to 9th in the order, bump Torres up to 8th, and have Hicks lead off, that's still a pretty ridiculous lineup. He hasn't lost a step in LF, not like they need to bench him overall.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 6, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

What are you talking about? Torres and Andujar have been hitting 7 or 8 and 9 during this entire run.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
only a Yankee fan would describe the bottom of the lineup right now as brutal

as a kid I looked up to Mike Pagliarulo

that was a brutal lineup

• Locked thread