Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Now that this has faded from ubiquity I would like to know more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

DiggityDoink posted:

all im saying is that what you think of as a good meme has more than likely been used by nazis so you should probably look at what your posting

I really just, honestly don't understand this way of thinkin' bout stuff. Like, just because some terrible loving people use a thing, doesn't make that thing irredeemably tainted, no? Like doesn't that just set you up for them being able to point at anything and go 'that's ours now' and you have to immediately throw it under the bus? Cause that line of thought is just, stupid? Especially when it's memes.

Sorry for the continued side-track, but I just don't understand why you'd want to give them that power. Just say gently caress it, [thing] isn't a nazi symbol, gently caress you, instead of actually turning it into a nazi symbol by making it verboten because some shitheels use it?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i couldn't resist

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psYNCGtXmnM

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Jawnycat posted:

I really just, honestly don't understand this way of thinkin' bout stuff. Like, just because some terrible loving people use a thing, doesn't make that thing irredeemably tainted, no? Like doesn't that just set you up for them being able to point at anything and go 'that's ours now' and you have to immediately throw it under the bus? Cause that line of thought is just, stupid? Especially when it's memes.

Sorry for the continued side-track, but I just don't understand why you'd want to give them that power. Just say gently caress it, [thing] isn't a nazi symbol, gently caress you, instead of actually turning it into a nazi symbol by making it verboten because some shitheels use it?

So when are you getting your swastika tattoo?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
White power/ok symbol is oriented up, "look at this" game gesture is oriented down and below the waist. It's like the difference between wearing a Hakenkreuz and wearing a non-Nazi swastika or sauvastika. You could yell at someone wearing the latter but you'd be wrong. Symbols mean things, learn the differences.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

its curtains for Kevin posted:

You really don't.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

DiggityDoink posted:

all im saying is that what you think of as a good meme has more than likely been used by nazis so you should probably look at what your posting

Nazis post on the internet so you should boycott that too.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Let me tell you about Homestuck

fart

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I would like to clarify that I don’t actually wish to know more, I just want to inject wacky meme goodness into my urethra

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Peanut Butter posted:

So when are you getting your swastika tattoo?

*jackoff motion*

Why instead of fighting back do people instead want to fight for letting the Nazis push them over and dictate the rules? Because that's what going "Oh don't use X, a Nazi once looked at it for .5 of a second" boils down to. It's dumb and reactionary and only strengthens the association and I just don't understand why someone would willing assist their enemies appropriation of whatever.
Unless they were an undercover Nazi. :tinfoil:

Don't give Nazis the power to dictate any part of your life is what I'm getting at, basically? Let the memes be memes my dudes.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I would like to clarify that I don’t actually wish to know more, I just want to inject wacky meme goodness into my urethra

I got you, fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Nazis post on the internet so you should boycott that too.

Getting pretty close to that myself, tbh.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 17:20 on May 5, 2018

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Jawnycat posted:

*jackoff motion*

Why instead of fighting back do people instead want to fight for letting the Nazis push them over and dictate the rules? Because that's what going "Oh don't use X, a Nazi once looked at it for .5 of a second" boils down to. It's dumb and reactionary and only strengthens the association and I just don't understand why someone would willing assist their enemies appropriation of whatever.
Unless they were an undercover Nazi. :tinfoil:

Don't give Nazis the power to dictate any part of your life is what I'm getting at, basically? Let the memes be memes my dudes.

Alternatively who gives a poo poo

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Douche Wolf 89 has a new favorite as of 17:44 on May 5, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jawnycat posted:

*jackoff motion*

And yet another gesture often used by nazis. Someone report this guy!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I agree, the ultimate sexual gratification is in causing someone to realize they are trans!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

don't forget that your party could also potentially contain a ghoul (immune to radiation) or a military robot (not a person) and nope neither of them could walk into the radiation chamber either

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

At least one of the DLCs gave you the option of using them.

But still. Wtf Bethesda

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

At least one of the DLCs gave you the option of using them.

But still. Wtf Bethesda

Doesn't the game then go on to basically call you a coward for doing so?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Ms Adequate posted:

I agree, the ultimate sexual gratification is in causing someone to realize they are trans!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Slime posted:

Doesn't the game then go on to basically call you a coward for doing so?

Yes. You have to pay extra to get a sensible ending, and then the game insults you for doing so.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

Yes. You have to pay extra to get a sensible ending, and then the game insults you for doing so.

"You didn't commit suicide? Lmao what a loving idiot. Kill yourself rear end in a top hat." - Bethesda.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

I agree, the ultimate sexual gratification is in causing someone to realize they are trains!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

Sill better than Mass Effect 3, in which you pay extra for the redux ending, and then it's just the same terrible ending but also they explicitly say that all alternate interpretations are wrong and gently caress you.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Sagebrush posted:

Sill better than Mass Effect 3, in which you pay extra for the redux ending, and then it's just the same terrible ending but also they explicitly say that all alternate interpretations are wrong and gently caress you.

The extended ending update was free, it only felt like it you paid for it because you to go through the good awful choices again. I only felt like metaphorically smashing my nuts in a drawer once- I just found the all possible scenes on YouTube afterwards.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Grassy Knowles posted:

Let me tell you about Homestuck

fart

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 5, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hahahahaaaaaah.. gently caress :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

Hahahahaaaaaah.. gently caress :smith:

Lovebugs are a part of living in Florida, you know that, bro.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Randaconda posted:

I'm resigned to it but I can still not like to be reminded of it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Randaconda posted:

South Texas too. Hate going down to visit family during Love bug season, come back home and look like I have a dalmatian styled car.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:dadjoke:

You are going to give birth to a fine, healthy litter of kittens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:wtc: