Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You first dude. All I'm saying is it's loving dumb to act like Philly is sports hell. It's not. Also I'm sure the Sixers will be good in the East for years to come but Simmons failure amuses me and I'm not sorry.

You realize that you just pulled that out of your rear end right. Where in GI's post did he say anything at all resembling that?

GobiasIndustries posted:

:same:
Also in all seriousness I was expecting the 76ers to win ~30 games or so this year, definitely didn't expect them to make it to the 2nd round. Y'all should be disappointed with the way this season is ending but not with the results, the future is real bright, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thought I was level headed tonight

Oh well

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lol no poo poo they've played what, a combined ~200 nba games?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You realize that you just pulled that out of your rear end right. Where in GI's post did he say anything at all resembling that?

I never said he did. They did in the post game coverage. Settle down Beavis.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

I wonder if hes mentally strong enough to handle getting clowned again

They have Ojeleye and Morris now, doubtful he'll even guard Lebron much

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

They have Ojeleye and Morris now, doubtful he'll even guard Lebron much

Weakling confirmed

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

Weakling confirmed

He's hurt anyways, it would be a severe clowning that he would never recover from

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Embiid is super good but his post game, at least from what I've seen, isn't special. He's averaging well under 1 point per possession unless my eyes are lying to me.

yeah hes gotten more hype than he deserves offensively, a lot like porzingis except a better player obv. he has the tools to be incredible but right now hes really not this transcendent player people act like he is. hes still very good and has a ton of room to grow but philly fans jumped the gun super hard on declaring him the goat/an mvp/etc etc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ghost dog no one said he’s goat or mvp

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

euphronius posted:

Ghost dog no one said he’s goat or mvp

i mean the goat part isnt true but there are absolutely philly fans who said he was an mvp in the n/v. multiple of you claiming he was the best big man in the east all year. poo poo like that is why you thought this team was some slam dunk ecf participant

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If Embiid works on protecting the ball/cutting down on TOs whenever the season ends he'll come back as a behemoth next year. Absolute unit

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

philadelphia is worse when embiid's usage gets too high. They weren't particularly good in the season when his minutes or fga got too high.

in this series hes at 41min, 37min, 35min and 26fga, 22fga, 21fga. All are among the highest for him all year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

i mean the goat part isnt true but there are absolutely philly fans who said he was an mvp in the n/v. multiple of you claiming he was the best big man in the east all year. poo poo like that is why you thought this team was some slam dunk ecf participant

I picked them to lose to the heat

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hes a young player so him not being insanely efficient yet isnt a huge knock on him. there is absolutely a path for him to become an absurd player but he is not actually there yet

euphronius posted:

I picked them to lose to the heat

this is sad even for you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah hes gotten more hype than he deserves offensively, a lot like porzingis except a better player obv. he has the tools to be incredible but right now hes really not this transcendent player people act like he is. hes still very good and has a ton of room to grow but philly fans jumped the gun super hard on declaring him the goat/an mvp/etc etc

His footwork is incredible he has great range and he's the number 1 option of a playoff team that won a series

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
that game was cool as hell

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 6, 2018

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I never said he did. They did in the post game coverage. Settle down Beavis.

You who you are for a reason...

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

hes a young player so him not being insanely efficient yet isnt a huge knock on him. there is absolutely a path for him to become an absurd player but he is not actually there yet

i think most people agree but you can clearly see flashes of him being capable of things almost no one else is and thats understandably very exciting

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Terry has 2 turnovers (both from the first game) in this series

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

His footwork is incredible he has great range and he's the number 1 option of a playoff team that won a series

accurate. also is not mutually exclusive with anything i said, have said, will say.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Terry has 2 turnovers (both from the first game) in this series

He’s unreal and you should consider trading Kyrie

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You who you are for a reason...

I uh...huh? :confused:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Over the season he was over 1 ppp

That doesn't surprise me. Like I said, he looks super good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

this is sad even for you

You said I picked them to win the ecf

When I say your wrong you turn it into an Insult

Well played

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Lil' Kyrie for Kawhi swap

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lil' Kyrie for Kawhi swap

That works

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

accurate. also is not mutually exclusive with anything i said, have said, will say.

You said he didn't deserve the hype he absolutely does

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Kyrie for Leonard :twisted:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
ooooooo, i think embiid is overrated too. has all the tools but needs to develop them more. he strikes me as a player who could have really used extended time in college to figure the game out. isn't he relatively new to basketball?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Do the needful, LeBron

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Joel is a freak of nature, didn't I read that he barely gets to practice somewhere? His aptitude vs time spent on the court/in practice is basically unheard of so I could see him improving at a Giannis-like rate if he stays healthy and accumulates experience

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Whoa, Van Vleet starting over Ibaka.

First career start for Fred.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

they should play ibaka more imo

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

Joel is a freak of nature, didn't I read that he barely gets to practice somewhere? His aptitude vs time spent on the court/in practice is basically unheard of so I could see him improving at a Giannis-like rate if he stays healthy and accumulates experience

Yup, he barely gets to practice. He clearly needs to polish his game, which apparently is surprising to some people? Dudes played like 100 career games.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

embiid has already been crowned the goat though???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AggressivelyStupid posted:

embiid has already been crowned the goat though???

I already told you no one has said that

Why are you saying it again

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Embiid is the greatest of all time, player-wise.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im not sure if there can be divine intervention on these forums but if there could be there should be for sixers fans trying to gaslight me and saying "uh actually we were never homers and you made it up"

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Embiid is the greatest of all time, player-wise.

damning evidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
go raps

do SOMETHING

• Locked thread