Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

why does everyone hate kyle other than the fact that he has the face of a faulkernian idiot man-child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

First among many reasons is a sense of entitlement rivalling Vegeta and taking genuine pride in stomping the field in lower-series races

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

sum posted:

why does everyone hate kyle other than the fact that he has the face of a faulkernian idiot man-child

NASCAR has a lower level that he runs in which makes him UltraHitler but Brad K does it and it's okay because this thread is my own personal hell.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

No Brad also sucks for bushwhacking

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

Kyle Busch has a theme song and everyone hates him. He's basically the NY Mets of NASCAR. wait poo poo i'm supposed to be telling you why you should root for him uhh uhh

No, hes the Sidney Crosby or Seattle Seahawks of NASCAR.

sum posted:

He also has the mind of faulknerian idiot manchild.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
E: ^^^I guess we're pretty much on the same page on this one, haha

sum posted:

He has the personality of man-child to go with the face. More accurately, he probably has closer to the personality of a toddler when things don't go his way. I think he is a really good driver and he is obviously very highly skilled. It's just that when you get to the point of, drat that mother fucker can handle a race car I think I like him, he'll throw a loving mega meltdown tantrum because he came in 3rd in a truck race and drive his truck through another teams pit crew or some other childish bullshit. If you follow hockey he is basically the Brad Marchand of NASCAR. Just when you think he might start acting like an adult he starts licking people's necks.

On the bright side there are other guys out there that can wheel a car and don't seem like total dicks, like Kyle Larson or Ryan Blaney, that should be fun to watch for the next decade at least.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

No, hes the Sidney Crosby of NASCAR

Wow this Kyle Busch fella sounds awesome

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sum posted:

i've recently unironically gotten into watching the nascar cup series for reasons i think have to do with the fact that i live in an old house with lead pipes. anyway who are the good and cool drivers to root for and which ones are the bad ones

NASCAR loving sucks

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Indy and IMSA are probably the best actual racing right now but I still watch NASCAR every weekend because I'm a loving idiot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Why does everyone hate the Seahawks they had a window of like 4 years and won one super bowl

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Why does everyone hate the Seahawks they had a window of like 4 years and won one super bowl

this forum is infested with californians

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bigbillystyle posted:

E: ^^^I guess we're pretty much on the same page on this one, haha

He has the personality of man-child to go with the face. More accurately, he probably has closer to the personality of a toddler when things don't go his way. I think he is a really good driver and he is obviously very highly skilled. It's just that when you get to the point of, drat that mother fucker can handle a race car I think I like him, he'll throw a loving mega meltdown tantrum because he came in 3rd in a truck race and drive his truck through another teams pit crew or some other childish bullshit. If you follow hockey he is basically the Brad Marchand of NASCAR. Just when you think he might start acting like an adult he starts licking people's necks.

On the bright side there are other guys out there that can wheel a car and don't seem like total dicks, like Kyle Larson or Ryan Blaney, that should be fun to watch for the next decade at least.

There was a trucks race where he was 2 wide on the outside with Ron Hornaday. They both passed a slower truck and the two contacted and brought out a caution, though both trucks really weren't damaged.

Kyle immediately drove right up behind Hornaday and punted him head on into a wall.

In a trucks race.

When he was a full time cup level driver.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Jimmie Johnsom is the Patriots and Pete Carroll is a nutjob.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The other cup drivers that run Nationwide treat it as the cost of getting extra practice laps for sunday, Kyle actually cares about winning which is imo what's so unforgivable

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

The other cup drivers that run Nationwide treat it as the cost of getting extra practice laps for sunday, Kyle actually cares about winning which is imo what's so unforgivable

Caring about winning is ok is fine.

Caring about winning to the point where you're trying to kill someone when the field is under caution is not ok.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Caring about winning Truck races is pathetic which also applies to the actual Truck Series regulars

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

No, hes the Sidney Crosby or Seattle Seahawks of NASCAR.

You're dead to me.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I just finished listening to Dale Jr's podcast with Kyle Busch and he was actually surprisingly fun on it.

Dale also wants to run the Richmond Xfinity race where he's the in race reporter only he's hot mic'd and can talk to them under green. That's also fun.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Caring about winning Truck races is pathetic which also applies to the actual Truck Series regulars

Are trucks part of ladder? Where do they sit on the heirarchy?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Frond posted:

trucks is the third highest and was the lowest NASCAR series to tour nationally (now I guess its technically ARCA), next up is busch/nationwide/xfinity, and finally cup is highest

generally trucks is where a lot of the more regional guys get their national start before moving up Xfinity or straight to Cup, but there's also dudes who couldn't hack it higher and race in the series

so really the talent tends to be very developmental in a lot of regards, so there is an argument that higher tier talent racing in there is a good thing, its just that Kyle is a rageaholic manchild that makes him a great racer, but also a completely and utter despicable dickhole that probably shouldn't be racing down there because of his blood pressure

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 5, 2018

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Fart

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Frond posted:

Adding to explodedmummy's post, if you're a hockey fan, the comparison might go something like this:
Cup=NHL
Xfinity=AHL (mix of up-and-comers and washed up guys, with the unfortunate catch of a scourge of NHL regulars frequently dropping into games and preventing young players ice time.)
Trucks=Something between AHL and ECHL.
ARCA=ECHL with a hint of beer league.
K&N East, West, Whelen Mods=CHL (OHL, WHL, the Q)

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

exploded mummy posted:

Jimmie Johnsom is the Patriots and Pete Carroll is Ryan Newman.

Eh close enough.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Adding to explodedmummy's post, if you're a hockey fan, the comparison might go something like this:
Cup=NHL
Xfinity=AHL (mix of up-and-comers and washed up guys, with the unfortunate catch of a scourge of NHL regulars frequently dropping into games and preventing young players ice time.)
Trucks=Something between AHL and ECHL.
ARCA=ECHL with a hint of beer league.
K&N East, West, Whelen Mods=CHL (OHL, WHL, the Q)

Yeah, except now imagine dropping to the AHL would pad your stats so you do it every week just to be a loving prick while making millions but choosing to poo poo all over guys who are barely making a living and if they're doing better or embarrassing him he goes full Domi and tries to end their career/life.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

2 for 2 on good finishes this weekend

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So the trucks aren't tougher to drive? I thought they slide around and have chaos races because they're tough, not because the drivers were crap.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

ilmucche posted:

So the trucks aren't tougher to drive? I thought they slide around and have chaos races because they're tough, not because the drivers were crap.

A well informed source says they handle "like a video game". You control them by playing with the throttle. The cars you have to use the brakes and are a lot more on edge.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Like all goons that become famous. SRA has forgotten about our dead forum.

The same source says he still reads and follows the thread.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 6, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
can you ask the source if Eldora was basically the equivalent of Ivan Stewart's Super Off Road

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Slickdrac posted:

A well informed source says they handle "like a video game". You control them by playing with the throttle. The cars you have to use the brakes and are a lot more on edge.

The same source says he still reads and follows the thread.

POST YOU COWARD

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Peanut President posted:

POST YOU COWARD

SRA, if you're reading this, you get one free thread title change of your choosing.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Peanut President posted:

POST YOU COWARD

Lol have you met us? We're the worst.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Elitist Bitch posted:

Lol have you met us? We're the worst.

Excuse me sir, the Indy thread is thataway

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

shame on an IGA posted:

That would be "excuse me" Miss, or Mrs. I'm not quite sure she's married yet. How I know she's a woman who is not married or not concerns me.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

excuse you, sir, things are much happier over in the Indy thread because we get to make fun of Danica and because

I T S M A Y, M O T H E R F U C K E R S

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

That would be "excuse me" Miss, or Mrs. I'm not quite sure she's married yet. How I know she's a woman who is not married or not concerns me.

I don't hide the fact that I'm a woman, and I've been on this thread for like ten years. And I prefer Ms. :j:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

when u think about it aren't we all women?

:thunk:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aw gently caress, Clint gon win dis. :(

He can't do that, though. This isn't Richmond, Talladega, or New Hampshire.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
No way this goes back green.

Clunt gon' wet fart it.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Au contraire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!