Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

drunkill posted:

No carlton, we're playing the crows

That runner better be sacked at three quarter time, didn't even get a 50 for it and he was physically in the way, not just blocking space or sight of another player.

Hahaha, that sign is genius :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

realbez posted:

That banner is excellent, noice

But the portmanteau at the end doesn't work when they're not playing Port Adelaide.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Testekill posted:

But the portmanteau at the end doesn't work when they're not playing Port Adelaide.

I think the suggestion is they're trying to troll Adelaide by calling it Port's home ground

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Testekill posted:

I dont think you're understanding the vitriol between Adelaide and Port supporters.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

cmndstab posted:

This happens dozens of times a year. In a sport that has like 100 turnovers per game, why do umpires do this? "Oh the play is leaving the area, no need to call time for injury OH LOOK IT TURNED OVER LIKE HAPPENS ROUHGLY 30% OF THE TIME ANY DISPOSAL HAPPENS AND NOW WE'RE ONLY ONE KICK AWAY FROM THE EXACT AREA THE INJURY TOOK PLACE IN"

One of my biggest frustrations in football. If a player goes down with a bad injury, hold the loving play. Nobody's going to begrudge the game for moving too slowly in that scenario.
Yep, when Gary Rohan almost broke his neck the play continues for a good 40 seconds and a goal was scored nearby as he lay motionless for that entire time. a couple of players from both sides were trying to flag an umpire down to stop the game but were ignored until after the goal was scored, the buggy could have come out two minutes earlier and the medicos could have been there a minute earlier if play was halted right away.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Probably need professional umpires hey

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Chairchucker posted:

I would've thoroughly enjoyed watching Adelaide stomp Carlton TBH.

Will either of Carlton or Brisbane win a match prior to their meeting in round 16?

Carlton play us next week. Carlton to have their first win next week :(

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Testekill posted:

Port (fans) call it that themselves. That's the joke. They're calling it's Port's home ground to get under the skin of Crows supporters.

It's actually pretty funny :)

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

drunkill posted:

Yep, when Gary Rohan almost broke his neck the play continues for a good 40 seconds and a goal was scored nearby as he lay motionless for that entire time. a couple of players from both sides were trying to flag an umpire down to stop the game but were ignored until after the goal was scored, the buggy could have come out two minutes earlier and the medicos could have been there a minute earlier if play was halted right away.

Exactly. I've seen it countless times, although not as desperate a situation as that. A player goes down with an injury which, itself likely results in a turnover. The nearby player boots it away and it's called play on, and the ball literally comes back on top of the injured player. Absolutely ridiculous.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Gr8

Casboult fractured his ribs and bruised his lung, played out the game and went to hospital after. 4 weeks minimum.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Why am I going to watch the Saints today. It's going to be horrible but I'm a giant idiot so :toot:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

Why am I going to watch the Saints today. It's going to be horrible but I'm a giant idiot so :toot:

I have an assignment I haven't finished that is due tonight, yet I'm off to see our garbage footy team. Double giant idiot, me.

edit: just saw a sign on a side of a factory near Macaulay station that said "Mighty Tigers, Back to Back in 2018" :vomarine:

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 6, 2018

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Oh cool Richmond are 44 points up while Martin has kicked 0.4

This really is the darkest timeline

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Fremantle are bad at kicking goals.

Burke has been going off at them on Grandstand, it's great

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
did the teams swap guernseys at half time

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

monolithburger posted:

I have an assignment I haven't finished that is due tonight, yet I'm off to see our garbage footy team. Double giant idiot, me.

Triple giant idiot me has a reserved seat membership so if I don't go I'm actively wasting money.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Spargo looks like a classy forward but geez he's a midget

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also defence stop missing the ball pls

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
I wanna die

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Well if we're going to get into a shootout at the dome it might as well be against the most inaccurate side in the comp

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Richmond have given two teams their lowest score ever this year!

edit: no they haven’t, it was freo’s lowest against richmond

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Saints Footy

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

BT is whinging about Hannan's socks.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oh good, head clash between 2 players with long histories of concussion

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol why do they keep grabbing players from the team who's currently losing for a post half time siren interview on the ground

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hogan clearly felt guilty about getting that soft free

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
We might just get away with this one

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

St Kilda in a nutshell.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oh look, there's the goal we are going to miss the finals on percentage by

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Oh look, there's the goal we are going to miss the finals on percentage by

Think the blame for that sits more with max gawn tbh

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

GO BRISBANE

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

Triple giant idiot me has a reserved seat membership so if I don't go I'm actively wasting money.

:suicide:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

😞

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Saints are hosed. Either they've:

1) Drafted horribly and the talent just isn't there.
2) The player development and coaching is so bad it's making talented players poo poo.
3) The coach has lost the players.
4) All of the above.

There's no other explanation for the way this year has gone, but given the way we played last year I'm somewhat reluctant to say it's point 1. There's way too many times when I'm at the game and can see that players just clearly aren't working hard enough and our contested ball (which was a strength last year) has done a complete 180 and is now a massive issue.

So it almost certainly has to be the coaching and development - in which case the only real solution is a total clean-out of the coaches. But last year they gave Richo an extension to the end of 2019 and most probably are super reluctant to pay him out due to the financial impact that'd have. Although I'm not sure the club could (or should) survive two years of this poo poo so they may as well pull the trigger sooner, rather than later. Whatever is wrong, it's something that 'training hard' - Richo's favourite solution that he's been telling us all year - wont fix and it'll require a massive shift one way or another.

If I didn't think it was the coaches loving everything up, then I'd have to conclude that the rebuild has failed and that they should start again. But I have no idea how you'd do that. The Saints have been hoarding salary cap space for 4+ years and, from my understanding, are at the stage where they HAVE to spend it or they'll lose some of the bonus you get from underspending. But no big names would be stupid enough to come to the Saints, so what do you do? Offer massive overs for high draft pick Melbourne players that got drafted interstate and hope that you can shake some loose? Good luck with that if you are playing like poo poo - particularly when most of the interstate teams are looking half decent.

Shits loving hosed.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

The Saints are hosed. Either they've:

1) Drafted horribly and the talent just isn't there.
2) The player development and coaching is so bad it's making talented players poo poo.
3) The coach has lost the players.
4) All of the above.

There's no other explanation for the way this year has gone, but given the way we played last year I'm somewhat reluctant to say it's point 1. There's way too many times when I'm at the game and can see that players just clearly aren't working hard enough and our contested ball (which was a strength last year) has done a complete 180 and is now a massive issue.

So it almost certainly has to be the coaching and development - in which case the only real solution is a total clean-out of the coaches. But last year they gave Richo an extension to the end of 2019 and most probably are super reluctant to pay him out due to the financial impact that'd have. Although I'm not sure the club could (or should) survive two years of this poo poo so they may as well pull the trigger sooner, rather than later. Whatever is wrong, it's something that 'training hard' - Richo's favourite solution that he's been telling us all year - wont fix and it'll require a massive shift one way or another.

If I didn't think it was the coaches loving everything up, then I'd have to conclude that the rebuild has failed and that they should start again. But I have no idea how you'd do that. The Saints have been hoarding salary cap space for 4+ years and, from my understanding, are at the stage where they HAVE to spend it or they'll lose some of the bonus you get from underspending. But no big names would be stupid enough to come to the Saints, so what do you do? Offer massive overs for high draft pick Melbourne players that got drafted interstate and hope that you can shake some loose? Good luck with that if you are playing like poo poo - particularly when most of the interstate teams are looking half decent.

Shits loving hosed.

Chuck a fuckton at tom McDonald, he’s young and has the potential to basically be a Riewoldt replacement

Actually please don’t

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
One Zorko, please

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:stare:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Mayne with the $500,000 point

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

gently caress off collingwood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Chuck a fuckton at tom McDonald, he’s young and has the potential to basically be a Riewoldt replacement

Actually please don’t

There's no way I see any half decent player from a Melbourne based team picking the Saints over their existing team. Nobody is that stupid.