Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

jisforjosh posted:

I suddenly found myself with more free time in the evenings, guess I'll hop on this again

Well, well, well

Time to update my game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFWD4yFry1g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Paul MaudDib posted:

Lucky hits on an airplane that is already almost dead. Didn't see a single kill where you did more than 15 damage against a plane.

Which is more than most other medic rifles can do, granted. Howell is stupid good right now, apart from the garbage gunsights (not a fan of AA sights or scopes, and the ironsight "bar" is terrible).

In fact, Dice has been dumping more and more OP weapons in the DLCs to the extent it's almost pay-to-win. Many of them aren't really sidegrades, they do the same thing as another weapon but are just straight-up better. MG1917 is peerless, IMG08 is basically a better MG15/Parabellum, Fedorov is peerless, General Liu is a better version of the 1906, Howell Automatic is a better version of the Selbstlader 1917 etc.

Now, that's not to say that it's a game-breakingly massive advantage, or that you can't do well with any weapon. And the season pass was a good buy anyway, since otherwise you would be really limited as to maps. But again, I think it's pretty undeniable that a lot of those weapons are not really sidegrades but an improved version of base-game weapons, which raises the specter of p2w. We all know Dice doesn't have any aversion to that... see: BF2.

nobody is going to read this dumb poo poo

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the 1906 is the best medic rifle because it looks cool and has a fun reload, i hope this helps

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

8 service stars with the 1906 selbstlader. I love the big goofy luger rifle

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Lube Enthusiast posted:

8 service stars with the 1906 selbstlader. I love the big goofy luger rifle

If you squint you can pretend it’s an M1.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Symetrique posted:

Well, well, well

Time to update my game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFWD4yFry1g

so apparantly the italians made a movie in the 30's about this guy. It was awarded the Musolini cup for best italian film.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0030393/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2d4wgoSFUE&t=3706s

Here are the lyrics from the song since i was trying to look that up:

Luciano Serra pilot
great Italian hero,
intrepid and astute
fly with his airplane,
he does not sleep but he's awake,
always on the alert night and day.
If you have it as an enemy
your destiny is already written,
with the machine gun
sooner or later it will bring you down!

Philman fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 25, 2018

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I just bought BF1 on PS4 and I am loving it! It is my first Call of Duty video game and I am glad I can shoot mans with a Lewis gun very badly

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

10 free battlepacks is pretty cool

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Oceanic + JP servers remain supremely stuffed up. My loadout can't decide if it's my actual loadout, a loadout with vanilla weapon variants that I never bought, dlc guns I never bothered to unlock, skins I don't own and none of my usual guns or rank 0 guns and no dlc weapons at all. All in the course of 90 seconds. :dice:

On a similar server-melting note, dead trains don't stop running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FewSz3ThKQc

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
jackie frags and worstie have video footage of thompson annihilator, looks like a budget automatico

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Symetrique posted:

Just think of what couldve happened with BF1 airplanes.

Skygods memorizing respawn times, climbing to the skybox where they could drop darts or bombs on an unoccupied plane before the pilot has a chance to get in or take off. Or score some sicknasty trickshots with the AT plane on an unoccupied vehicle from half the map away.

This new system really is better.

Don’t forget about TKing for planes which wastes tickets and makes a bunch of players not actually play while waiting for the plane to respawn.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Last week someone head-shotted three of my squad in a row....while hip-firing a Chauchat telescopic. No reload on that 20 round mag either, just pop pop pop. Two days ago I have another guy hip-firing a Madsen while doing the little shuffle dance, he's directly in the poo poo with a 50-17 KDR and appears to be firing it directly through heavy cover half the time. And it seems like I've been experiencing a huge spike in enemy knowing exactly where I am for a perfect flank. I was used to the occasional suspect death but this seems a little excessive...? Is it getting worse for anyone else or am I just cranky?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

VulgarandStupid posted:

players not actually play while waiting for the plane to respawn.

This is still pretty dumb no matter how you get the vehicles and I just want it stopped.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/road-to-battlefield-they-shall-not-pass-free-for-all-players
They Shall Not Pass is free for all players until the 14th.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It’s been a couple years since I played BF4 and I’m getting the itch back. Anyone have any good conquest all maps servers? Because browsing around most servers are stupid gimmick poo poo on one map.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s been a couple years since I played BF4 and I’m getting the itch back. Anyone have any good conquest all maps servers? Because browsing around most servers are stupid gimmick poo poo on one map.

Assume you're talking PC? I only play on PC sparingly (mostly play on PS4) but just taking a quick look seems like there's plenty of populated servers with broad mix of maps for CQL.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I got this weird rear end bug which basically auto levels me to the next rank and then locks up the transition screen to the next map. What the gently caress?

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

heh, yeah that's basically the life cycle of battlefield games.

I find older titles only have a few populated vanilla map rotation conquest servers and one or two 24/7 infantry spam servers and maybe 1 full rotation all maps server and 1 specialty server.

I think i saw gun master servers up for BF3 last time i checked. BF hardline has a regular hostage rescue server up. unfortunately the wierd game modes they add in never last more than a month. air assault, war pigeons, whatever are all dead pretty quickly.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Turns out anyone who gets to rank 139 has the same bug and the only way to fix it for the moment is just rush through the stat screens and choose the load the next map.

Hilariously before this I was considering picking Battlefront 2 on discount. Not now.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

Turns out anyone who gets to rank 139 has the same bug and the only way to fix it for the moment is just rush through the stat screens and choose the load the next map.

Hilariously before this I was considering picking Battlefront 2 on discount. Not now.

Because of a glitch in a separate game?

SWBF2 is good if you like Star Wars. That should really be the only criteria, because otherwise it’s just an okayish shooter with extremely long load times.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's a stupid drat glitch though. Yeah I am petty but come on.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh yeah I remember that - it'll go away when you hit 140.
I'd get that bug everytime I'd hit the penultimate level whenever they upped the level cap.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Wait this is a repeating bug?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Wait this is a repeating bug?

Do you have to ask.

The weapon variant patch (not the experimental firemodes/WWII guns) is live. Assault and scout guns to fill out previously single variant guns. Mercifully, only the tommy gun is locked behind an asschievement and it's 100 primary kills + 25 handgun kills.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
me irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJGaYLhgWLs

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well that sure is a lot of Assaults.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Urgh, 25 kills with side arms as assault? Couldn't they added a more constructive goal....X amount of tanks destroyed for instance.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Haven't played for a year is this still fun?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

8 Ball posted:

Haven't played for a year is this still fun?
Yup. They've added a bunch of "expansions" since a year ago, and all the new weapons are fun and effective.

I'm just about level 100 after all this time- I play regularly and usually have a blast. I pretty much exclusively play Operations, and just bail on the match if it's too one-sided.

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 7, 2018

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

I think they broke their scope glint out of the gate, I'm only seeing rainbow lens flare from decoys and nothing else.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

New experimental variant of the Mashinepistole isn’t fantastic but it’s still a lot better than the burst fire mp18

Shame the new revolver and bolt action fire mode for the Liu rifle weren’t in this patch

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

The experimental Maschinenenpistole is great imo. Means you can be fairly controlled with the ammo consumption and it's surprisingly accurate. The Patrol Carbine is pretty good too.

Not sure about the new DOF effects for sniper rifles though. They seem sort of handy but if you have a long-range rifle nearly everyone you shoot at will be incredibly blurred.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
they buffed the normal MP12, you might as well just use it instead of the experimental. patrol carbine is pretty good poo poo. ive been killed by the sjogren slug but haven't touched it myself

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The new Assault Thompson is insane and I love it. Unlocking it really isn’t hard either, but going for pistol kills is kindof a pain.

Definitely going to be my go to Assault weapon for now.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

moosecow333 posted:

The new Assault Thompson is insane and I love it. Unlocking it really isn’t hard either, but going for pistol kills is kindof a pain.

Definitely going to be my go to Assault weapon for now.

why? the automatico has more rounds, better hipfire, and a faster reload. the mp18 has more rounds and reaches far further. the smg08 fires almost as fast and has more than triple the rounds. the RSC hits harder.

i dont see any point to it save that it looks cool and sounds sorta cool.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I find that the gun has a very good balance between rate of fire, damage, and handling and while I wish the mag size was larger I don’t find that, or the reload speed to be all that much of a problem.

I’ve used the Automatico Trench for ~48 service stars worth of kills and the more I use the Thompson the more it feels like a better tuned version of the Automatico.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

MadBimber posted:

why? the automatico has more rounds, better hipfire, and a faster reload. the mp18 has more rounds and reaches far further. the smg08 fires almost as fast and has more than triple the rounds. the RSC hits harder.

MadBimber posted:

I don't understand.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That's why I used the spas in the old game

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Benet Mercier is still the sexiest gun in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Stripper clips are silly want isn't to love?