Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

I'm happy to see Ingram as the new "hmmm their front office of this team says they're keeping this guy but . . . ~MAYBE THINGS CHANGE AND THEY'LL TAKE OUR GARBAGE FOR HIM~" articles. It's nice to be on this side for once.

Although on the otherhand, Lakers fans have somehow convinced themselves they'll be able to trade Deng for Melo and that this is a good idea.

Who even wins that trade good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DeimosRising posted:

Who even wins that trade good lord

The Lakers lose it because Melo absolutely could convince Earvin to force Luke to play him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

I could never tell if that was on purpose or if he just lost the entirety of the rest of his hair and was holding on to that last bit.

IIRC it was part of a bet he made with DeShawn Stevenson.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/992562688218882048?s=19

Hell yeah

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I hope this happens and they win a title quickly.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i want becky to get a job but i also want giannis to be coached by clifford or bud this is troubling

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

i want becky to get a job but i also want giannis to be coached by clifford or bud this is troubling

how many summer league titles do those chumps have?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Anyone remember what Becky's WNBA teams were like? Does she have a distinct style she likes to play?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

Anyone remember what Becky's WNBA teams were like? Does she have a distinct style she likes to play?

She didn't coach in the WNBA, just played. I assume it'll be pretty Spurs influenced, she's been there awhile now

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

She didn't coach in the WNBA, just played. I assume it'll be pretty Spurs influenced, she's been there awhile now

Huh I thought she did a little stint there before Pop and Buford brought her in. I make an effort to watch the WNBA but I fully admit to it being halfhearted

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DeimosRising posted:

Huh I thought she did a little stint there before Pop and Buford brought her in. I make an effort to watch the WNBA but I fully admit to it being halfhearted

She did a consulting type gig with the Spurs while she was out with an injury and they liked her so much they just offered her a regular coaching job.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yes please.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

MourningView posted:

I dunno what that thing is but it definitely ain't human

Looks like a ripoff of the Cyberdwarf from Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
So Portland are stuck in hell. Maybe they could try this out and resign Nurkic. Who says no?

[timg]//imgur.com/a/Hkpc7lR[/timg]

Quizzlefish fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 7, 2018

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Quizzlefish posted:

So Portland are stuck in hell. Maybe they could try this out and resign Nurkic. Who says no?

[timg]//imgur.com/a/Hkpc7lR[/timg]

Fixed your image link.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Kibner posted:

Fixed your image link.

Thanks - What did I do wrong?

Been using these forums for a loooong time but never posted an image before!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Myers Leonard contract still baffles me more than Turner contract

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Metapod posted:

But... But... PER?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’m sure Pistons fans would disagree but they may as well just give it a full season with Blake. Maybe a full offseason helps, and they might get better injury luck.

Dismantling that team won’t be easy but waiting out a year off everyone’s salaries couldn’t hurt, either

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Quizzlefish posted:

But... But... PER?

Lol his PER for the 2018 playoffs was 48.2

In 8 minutes.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

I’m sure Pistons fans would disagree but they may as well just give it a full season with Blake. Maybe a full offseason helps, and they might get better injury luck.

Dismantling that team won’t be easy but waiting out a year off everyone’s salaries couldn’t hurt, either

There's no exit, if the team is healthy enough they could be contenders for the bottom half of the east playoffs.

Nobody would take Griffin's salary without a pile of picks and the team plane and all the towels in the locker room. A new regime could draft better, but until all these salaries are close to expiring, the team's ceiling is medium-low.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quizzlefish posted:

Thanks - What did I do wrong?

Been using these forums for a loooong time but never posted an image before!

urls start with http (or https)

you also linked to the album instead of the image

easiest way most of the time is to right click the image and pick "copy image location"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

There's no exit, if the team is healthy enough they could be contenders for the bottom half of the east playoffs.

Nobody would take Griffin's salary without a pile of picks and the team plane and all the towels in the locker room. A new regime could draft better, but until all these salaries are close to expiring, the team's ceiling is medium-low.

Last team into the east being at least semi-competitive and not the usual 37-win cakewalk severely hosed up a few team’s plans

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Surely you aren't suggesting that it would be a bad trade for Portland? I feel like it's a reasonably sensible way to go all in.

Lillard, CJ, Harkless/Aminu, Blake, Nurkic

Assuming Lillard doesn't post negative Win Shares again for the next post season that's a team that could be pretty good no? Also they have the talent to give Blake plenty of rest while still getting into the playoffs.

What else you gonna do with Paul Allen's money?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

Injury luck is the key. We haven’t seen Blake and Reggie Jackson together outside of a few meaningless games in the last couple of weeks. Blake cannot be the only ball handler and the only guy who can create his own shot.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I say it's high time the pistons trade into the first round to draft Robert Williams, who can be a summer league star in the mold of Adonis Thomas and other undersized athletes who have trouble playing basketball

Quizzlefish posted:

Surely you aren't suggesting that it would be a bad trade for Portland? I feel like it's a reasonably sensible way to go all in.

Lillard, CJ, Harkless/Aminu, Blake, Nurkic

Assuming Lillard doesn't post negative Win Shares again for the next post season that's a team that could be pretty good no? Also they have the talent to give Blake plenty of rest while still getting into the playoffs.

What else you gonna do with Paul Allen's money?

Who says yes

Make it a three way and get Elfrid Payton to Detroit somehow, make it excellent.

I feel bad for Andre Drummond who added passing and a face up game, made his free throws, then got sent again to the bench in crunch time with a guy who takes his spot at the elbow and relegates him to the Deandre Jordan role he was trying to grow out of.

It's impossible to win in the playoffs with bigs who can't defend, that's what's scary about the top bigs in this draft, although they at least have the tools, Blake just can't move.

Jaren Jackson Junior is the new Triple J, which may be appealing to Memphis.

NBA COMPARISONS: Could Collin Sexton be the new Brandon Knight?
User was put on Probation for Unnecessary Cruelty towards Collin Sexton

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 7, 2018

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Meyers Leonard making $10 million a year still makes way more sense than ET making $18+. A bad $10 million contract isn't on the same level as a bad $18 million contract.

The best thing the Blazers can do this offseason is fire Neil Olshey.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I feel like everyone kind of deserves a pass for that summer. Olshey seems like he's been fine otherwise.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

I feel like everyone kind of deserves a pass for that summer. Olshey seems like he's been fine otherwise.

I feel like he's done pretty well given that they never had much flexibility. He has historically been a good role player for cheap signer. their drafts haven't been great , but they've been picking in the midround that only Joe Dumars ever dominated.

I also want to note that Jalen Brunson was the best 35 year old man in the NCAA, this year

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
When the only thing people discuss about a GM is how they're going to clean up after their own mistakes I don't really see how that's a "fine" job. $18 million for ET, $18 million for Allen Crabbe, $10+ for Meyers Leonard, etc. Not sure how to make that look good. The only actually good value role player he's signed has been Aminu.

I dunno, I just don't know how much leeway a GM should get for cleaning up their own mistakes. I suspect they won't fire him and this offseason will be relatively mundane.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

leftist heap posted:

Meyers Leonard making $10 million a year still makes way more sense than ET making $18+. A bad $10 million contract isn't on the same level as a bad $18 million contract.

The best thing the Blazers can do this offseason is fire Neil Olshey.
No because Turner has shown he can play basketball and Leonard hasn't

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Like I wouldn't want Leonard on my pickup team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ben Golliver (Open Floor) seemed to insinuate that Allen may not be paying as much attention as he did in the 00s and that people in the Portland office feel like Olshey sold Allen on all these moves whereas the rest of the front office preached other things. But also because Allen doesn't care at the moment there won't be consequences for it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Meyers Leonard is 7 feet tall which counts for at least $4-5 million a year

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

leftist heap posted:

When the only thing people discuss about a GM is how they're going to clean up after their own mistakes I don't really see how that's a "fine" job. $18 million for ET, $18 million for Allen Crabbe, $10+ for Meyers Leonard, etc. Not sure how to make that look good. The only actually good value role player he's signed has been Aminu.

I dunno, I just don't know how much leeway a GM should get for cleaning up their own mistakes. I suspect they won't fire him and this offseason will be relatively mundane.

Nurkic trade was pretty good. Harkless trade was value out of nowhere.

Did he draft CJ?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Quizzlefish posted:

Did he draft CJ?

Yeah, and Lillard

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Quizzlefish posted:

Did he draft CJ?

Yeah, he drafted CJ, but not Lillard.

e: I misremembered my stories: he drafted Lillard but seeing as how he got to the Blazers late in that process it was really the rest of the FO that convinced him to pick Dame rather than him being at the forefront of that decision like with the rest of his drafts

Kibner fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 8, 2018

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Are the Raptors going to finally start doing what they should have done after they got swept by the Wizards all those years ago?????????

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

morestuff posted:

Yeah, and Lillard

Well then gunning him mercilessly seems a little unfair. That's a decent job barring a few large unforgivable mistakes in the summer of profligacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Welcome all Raptors fans. Ironically, the second seed might have brought you more luck this season.

• Locked thread