Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Would y'all mind posting the links to the archived streams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

If you go to my twitch channel, then click the "Videos" tab, it'll bring up the archive. My stream from last week is up on the youtube page posted previously, and last night's will be up sometime this weekend.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Finally went and downloaded Carlzilla's mod suite. Being able to run a proper Royal Rumble is pretty amazing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Are there any good goon-made LP's of old wrestling games?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There's an official SA LP archive you can look through. Some older LPs didn't get archived, and some LPers also didn't do so (lot of work) before the process was more automated. So there may have been a wrestling game LP that doesn't show up there.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are there any good goon-made LP's of old wrestling games?

does def jam fight for ny count

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

KungFu Grip posted:

the def jam games are the only wrestling games that count

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/992260936680390657

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That's why he looked annoyed when Okada called him out, he was just finishing up tweaking his CAW AI, and had to shut his laptop to go and answer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

I didn't even think to look it up but gently caress yeah. It's my all time favourite game.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I wish Fight for NY was clearer about whether or not Carmen Electra dies at the end

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wish Fight for NY was clearer about whether or not Carmen Electra dies at the end

Hey remember when Carmen Electra was a big deal

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Taintrunner posted:

Hey remember when Carmen Electra was a big deal

Sorta

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It just occured to me that I dont know what Carmen Electra did

Was she an actress, a singer, a model, what

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The big thing I remember is that she co-hosted the MTV dating game show "singled out" after Jenny McCarthy left.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Model who used Playboy to springboard into Baywatch and from there many bad movies and other D-tier television.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Does FPW support special characters in its naming system? Maybe it's because I'm on a MacBook with Boot Camp but I can't get any of the Alt-key commands to work. (Don't want to upload Zoë Bell and get her name wrong.)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So y'all probably noticed I didn't do a stream tonight.

That was partly because I'm in the middle of finals, and partly because the last couple weeks made me realize something: I kind of need to book a loving lot to make this work without just doing piss-weak tiny streams nobody cares about. And, to put it bluntly, I haven't really thought things through well enough for that to be possible without me just pulling random matchups out of my rear end.

Big changes are coming to FCW. I can't promise an exact date for the next stream, but it'll be before the end of May.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

Does FPW support special characters in its naming system? Maybe it's because I'm on a MacBook with Boot Camp but I can't get any of the Alt-key commands to work. (Don't want to upload Zoë Bell and get her name wrong.)

Yes, i have a few. I think it supports copy and pasting too so just type it in another window

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that was just an issue with me getting the alt commands to work on my keyboard, went with Character Map instead.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So y'all probably noticed I didn't do a stream tonight.

That was partly because I'm in the middle of finals, and partly because the last couple weeks made me realize something: I kind of need to book a loving lot to make this work without just doing piss-weak tiny streams nobody cares about. And, to put it bluntly, I haven't really thought things through well enough for that to be possible without me just pulling random matchups out of my rear end.

Big changes are coming to FCW. I can't promise an exact date for the next stream, but it'll be before the end of May.

I genuinely wish you the best of luck and success. That being said: Take it from someone who knows, you can put all the planning and booking and hand made promos vignettes you can muster and still no one will care. Speaking of which:
~Last Time~
-King Bowser almost murdered some YouTube dork.
-In Robot-On-Robot Action, The Starmen defeated The Sons of Light with PSI Chinlock Omega.
-Even though they lost the match, Fox McCloud had a Pretty sweet reversal spot
-In an exciting, yet terrifyingly prescient match, Zangief defeated Solid Snake. Afterwards, Rainbow Mika approached Zangief about training her. Zangief agreed, but only if she could survive the harshest teacher of all: Old Man Winter.
-In the main event, Scorpion deftly outwrestled THE DOOMSLAYER to pick up the victory for him and Sub-Zero

~Tonight!~
-Kirby and Mettaton face off to determine Who’s The Pinkest
-NEMESIS takes on Cody(Which Cody? You’ll have to tune in to find out!)
-Link vs 2B
-A Special Announcement from the Pan-Console Grand Prix Executive Committee
-In the main event: King Bowser vs Trevor Belmont
-Also scheduled to appear: Tracer, Cuphead, R.O.B, Chun-Li and more live tonight @ 8:05 EST!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mel Mudkiper posted:

She was Prince protege, apparently.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Takuan posted:

Take it from someone who knows, you can put all the planning and booking and hand made promos vignettes you can muster and still no one will care.

We've only been doing it a few weeks, man. Streaming is something you've gotta be ready to play the long game on. :)

e: do you have a way of communicating outside the forums (I don't know if Twitch has DMs or I'd just hit you there)? I had at least one major epiphany on something I was doing wrong, and I kinda wanna pass the knowledge on, but this is a case where I feel like knowing how the sausage is made might ruin folks' fun.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Twitch has a whisper function, though you may need to be friends to do it(though that's easy enough to arrange). I also got the tweets now @GAMEProWrestlng

Takuan
May 6, 2007

GAME Pro Wrestling News Flash
Thanks to a generous business arrangement with the Gerudo Valley Royal Family, The Pan-Console Grand Prix & GAME Pro Wrestling are proud to announce the Great Gerudo Rumble! A record-breaking 60-being rumble, live this Saturday, May 12, at Noon EST!

Every contracted GAME Pro Wrestling athlete will participate, plus special guest appearances!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What do you say about accusations that the Gerudo don't let their women ride horses?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Rarity posted:

What do you say about accusations that the Gerudo don't let their women ride horses?

Who knew the Gerudo were so self-loathing? Or is it the one man every century that's keepin' them down? Talk about respect for the rule of law.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

I say that the Gerudo are a noble and wealthy people with a proud and rich heritage, and that we, as global citizens, should respect and honor other cultures and traditions, even if they are different than our own. Also, we shouldn't ever say a word about the mass de-facto slavery of Kokiri migrant workers.

And with that, The Great Gerudo Rumble Pre-Show is live! Featuring The Super Mario Bros vs The Mushroom Boys and Duke Nukem vs Hugo Andore with the Rumble itself starting at Noon Eastern Time.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Rarity posted:

Sand seals are far superior anyway.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Some news about Fire Pro:

quote:

New Japan Pro Wrestling just announced during their Wrestle Kingdom's Fan Fiesta event that the wrestlers of NJPW will be officially coming to Fire Pro Wrestling World videogame with an update this summer.

Thanks to this collaboration, NJPW wrestlers have been licensed to be playable inside of the game, which will also include a Story Mode where you can move up the ranks of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, starting as a young lion with the goal of becoming IWGP champion.

The Spike Chunsoft videogame, Fire Pro Wrestling Pro, has been out on PC since last year (Steam Early Access July 11, 2017 with a full release on December 18), and is set to arrive on PlayStation 4 in 2018 including the NJPW stars.
Unfortunately nothing has been said about a possible Xbox One or Nintendo Switch release.

Many NJPW talent will be available in the Roster including Evil, Togi Makabe, Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kenny Omega, Ryusuke Tagugi, Tetsuya Naito and Kushida.

All of this content will be available when Fire Pro Wrestling World arrives on Playstation 4, according to Chris Charlton, this summer before the G1 Climax tournament in July.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As part of my ongoing journey through a ton of last-gen games I started playing SvR 2007. The first thing that happens in Season Mode is Stephanie naming Cena the #1 contender because it's "best for business" :suicide:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rarity posted:

As part of my ongoing journey through a ton of last-gen games I started playing SvR 2007. The first thing that happens in Season Mode is Stephanie naming Cena the #1 contender because it's "best for business" :suicide:

As I recall, 2007 was a massive step down, they took decent strides with 2008 and then it all went to poo poo with '09.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Davros1 posted:

Some news about Fire Pro:

:gizz:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Timby posted:

As I recall, 2007 was a massive step down, they took decent strides with 2008 and then it all went to poo poo with '09.

SD vs Raw was a big step down from HCTP, '06 was significantly better, '07 was significantly worse, and '08 was where it went to total poo poo

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Timby posted:

09 had super magic.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Xerzes posted:

09 had super magic.

Which one had the Eddie zombies and the Druids?

Beating the poo poo out of Druids was pretty hilarious.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xerzes posted:

09 had super magic.

Are we talking the storyline where Candice Michell has a literal magic wand which causes your chosen wrestler to be turned into a girl, Edge starts talking like Daivari (and later becomes a Farsi-speaking The Boogeyman) and other such weird nonsense? Cause that was '07 which I still consider the low point for SvR games because I didn't play '08

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Are we talking the storyline where Candice Michell has a literal magic wand which causes your chosen wrestler to be turned into a girl, Edge starts talking like Daivari (and later becomes a Farsi-speaking The Boogeyman) and other such weird nonsense? Cause that was '07 which I still consider the low point for SvR games because I didn't play '08

No, 09 where Undertaker turns Santino or Finlay(your choice) into a zombie, then the zombie has a match with Rey Mysterio(which, weirdly, they'll probably win if you don't intervene), in which you can take control over them with "magic", which makes them stop and stand in place for a bit, or "super magic" which makes them stop and punch themselves.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xerzes posted:

No, 09 where Undertaker turns Santino or Finlay(your choice) into a zombie, then the zombie has a match with Rey Mysterio(which, weirdly, they'll probably win if you don't intervene), in which you can take control over them with "magic", which makes them stop and stand in place for a bit, or "super magic" which makes them stop and punch themselves.

Wow that's actually somehow more ridiculous than '07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Wasn't the magic wand revealed to be a dream sequence or hallucination or something