Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That said, there's something to be said for having at least something to go on, and a lot of people seem to be lurking.

Byers2142 posted:

Benjamin Franklin, best president according to my public school education.
:laugh:

##nominate Byers

At least we'll get info on an active poster, and one who is last in line for presidency as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Why is the dog laughing at my high level of schooling?

##vote yes

After the policy is implementing, I reccomend PMush claim after me on what was discarded; you're more likely to catch a Cancellor lying immediately, President usually only gets caught after we work through the deck. So Cancellor claiming first is probably the better way to go. Sound like a plan?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.

Anyways, since it's apparently necessary,

##vote yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
So... voting in a chancellor and getting to the card part is what we want here yes?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dick Bastardly posted:

So... voting in a chancellor and getting to the card part is what we want here yes?
Well technically we vote no if we think he's a fascist, but we have zero information on everybody right now so:

##vote yes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sure yeah, ##vote yes
As has been said, at this point this is the only info we’re going to get, may as well get moving

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

Well technically we vote no if we think he's a fascist, but we have zero information on everybody right now so:

##vote yes

Aren't we technically voting in both the President and the Chancellor? So you have to consider both people in the equation.

I'm fine with voting yes because we have no information and it'll be good to get the game going, but I will say that I'm a little concerned about this pairing. Something has my spider sense tingling, but it's could just be my natural paranoia so I'm not willing to do anything more than mention it right now.

##vote yes

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Aren't we technically voting in both the President and the Chancellor? So you have to consider both people in the equation.

You're right, both people matter. In fact, President gives a facist more power because no one sees their discard.

Not sure what to make of your vague "I'm worried" comment, so I'll ignore it for now.

One more vote will hammer, FYI.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote yes

Do good by us Mister Byers :colbert:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote yes

Do good by us Mister Byers :colbert:

and Pmush!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The Spring 1930 legislative session has ended with a Liberal policy being enacted. The presidency rotates to CapnAndy.
Nomination deadline is May 10, 11:00 GMT.

One extra rule I want to add: a hammer is the only valid reason not to vote. If a vote deadline ever comes without 6 yes or 5 no votes in, all who haven't voted yet will get an inactivity strike, and the deadline will extend 24 hours.

Full status post when I'm not on my phone.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I had one facist and one liberal policy passed to me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry guys, it just happened to be a very inconvenient time for the game to start because I was gone all weekend. I am here now.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Sorry guys, it just happened to be a very inconvenient time for the game to start because I was gone all weekend. I am here now.

me too let's bash the fash

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
While we wait for PMush to tell us what he drew, my current plan is to nominate kumba as Chancellor because he's far back in the Presidency cycle and I like this picture.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:hfive:

i was thinking this game was going to be relatively easy to solve but now after actually seeing what kind of information we have this is super wifomy

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

While we wait for PMush to tell us what he drew, my current plan is to nominate kumba as Chancellor because he's far back in the Presidency cycle and I like this picture.

Makes sense, I think anyone in the second half of the list (minus me, since I just was in the government) is a decent pick.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

kumba posted:

i was thinking this game was going to be relatively easy to solve but now after actually seeing what kind of information we have this is super wifomy

Yeah, there's a reason fascists get an edge. Until we see a fascist policy drop, it's essentially gut calls, and even after that it's very easy to get lost in speculation on what was and wasn't discarded.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapnAndy posted:

This seems like as good of an idea as any currently.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
what is the point of the not looking back past 1 day prior rule? i feel like i'm missing some component of the game where that would be important? or is it just that when you play this IRL you're not keeping track of everything so it's trying to make PBP as close to the real thing as possible?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

kumba posted:

what is the point of the not looking back past 1 day prior rule? i feel like i'm missing some component of the game where that would be important? or is it just that when you play this IRL you're not keeping track of everything so it's trying to make PBP as close to the real thing as possible?

This. In real life, you can't word for word quote a post from D2 and use it as evidence, and you can't tabulate votes and draw connections.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

Yeah, I was going to ask if it really matters what PMush says she got, but then I realized it actually does matter in a wifom-y way.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I was going to ask if it really matters what PMush says she got, but then I realized it actually does matter in a wifom-y way.

Yep, keeping track of fascist policies claimed/played is one of our best tools, and questioning why people made the plays they did.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Game status:

14 cards in the policy deck
2 cards in the discard pile

0 Fascist policies passed
1 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect

Nomination deadline: 10th May, 11:00 GMT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That nom seems fine. Would vote yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

She! And I got two fascist and a liberal, which worked out well for getting an idea of what's up with Byers. I trust him alright for right now, it would have been easy to cast doubt on me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So we know how many cards of each type are in the deck, so we should know at a certain point if anyone lied, right?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So right now, if Pmush and Byers are telling the truth, we have 9 fascist policies and 5 liberal policies left in the deck.

That would mean chances of drawing a liberal policy have slightly increased?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i would also vote yes to confirm myself (i'm assuming that is allowed)

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

So we know how many cards of each type are in the deck, so we should know at a certain point if anyone lied, right?

I strive to not insert myself in the conversation, but it occurs to me that I have not yet explained this detail: If, at the moment that 3 policy cards are supposed to be drawn, there are less than 3 remaining in the deck, they are immediately shuffled with the entire discard pile. So it will almost certainly be impossible to track everything (though you might have enough information to catch some liars).

(for the record, I'm also not sure how I feel about this rule. If I end up running this game more times, I might change it).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

Well, since byers did it to himself yesterday, you can surely do it yourself today!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

So right now, if Pmush and Byers are telling the truth, we have 9 fascist policies and 5 liberal policies left in the deck.

That would mean chances of drawing a liberal policy have slightly increased?

Yep, but negligibly. Its basically 2 to 1 to start, so drawing 2 to 1 barely nudges the odds.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

kumba posted:

Yep, voting rules are similar to the Resistance, if you've played that. Everyone votes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

I strive to not insert myself in the conversation, but it occurs to me that I have not yet explained this detail: If, at the moment that 3 policy cards are supposed to be drawn, there are less than 3 remaining in the deck, they are immediately shuffled with the entire discard pile. So it will almost certainly be impossible to track everything (though you might have enough information to catch some liars).

(for the record, I'm also not sure how I feel about this rule. If I end up running this game more times, I might change it).

Ah. So last 2 cards remain as hidden information, allowing some lie wiggle room for the fascists. I guess that makes sense.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dancer posted:

Just a general rule question I can't remember, does that shuffle and reload also happen if we don't elect 3 times and need to flip the top when under 3 cards, or just when needing to draw 3?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Just a general rule question I can't remember, does that shuffle and reload also happen if we don't elect 3 times and need to flip the top when under 3 cards, or just when needing to draw 3?

It only happens when you need to draw beyond what the pile currently contains. So it is technically possible, with a lot of failed votes, to actually go through exactly 17 cards before a re-shuffle. Never seen it happen :v: .

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just lol if you're trying to keep track of anything and not just blindly voting with your gut at all times.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

She! And I got two fascist and a liberal, which worked out well for getting an idea of what's up with Byers. I trust him alright for right now, it would have been easy to cast doubt on me.
How so? A liberal policy got passed, so you obviously gave him at least one liberal policy. What would a lie of "she gave me two liberal policies" gained him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What I mean is if he picked the Fascist and said it was because I passed him two. It'd make us both look bad, but it'd be my word against his. I don't know if someone would make a bold move that early, but it's a possibility, since there wouldn't be a chance to clear my name for quite a while.

• Locked thread