Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I hope this was meant to be read in a dalek voice because that’s how I heard it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

I hope this was meant to be read in a dalek voice because that’s how I heard it.

That would have been EX-PLAIN though right?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

That would have been EX-PLAIN though right?

don’t care dalek voice

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Five's TARDIS is also a bit more crowded than most, which means they have to find stuff for four people to do, which makes them fall back on some default standbys. Naive collaborator gets played way too often with Adric, but there's also the old kidnapped-through-ineptitude shtick.

Still better than "lol I slept through the entire story" when they couldn't be bothered to write anything for Nyssa to do.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

docbeard posted:

Still better than "lol I slept through the entire story" when they couldn't be bothered to write anything for Nyssa to do.

Yeah that sounds more like something Jamie would do.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Chokes McGee posted:

IT IS... NOWW

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doctor Zero posted:

IT IS... NOWW

THE DA-LEKS HAVE SU-PER-I-OR POSTING TECH-NO-LO-GY

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
dalek voice MY WIFE

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A very nice thread about someone (not me) meeting Eccelston at a con:

https://twitter.com/daddaughterdr/status/993190121875927040

This part stood out to me:

https://twitter.com/daddaughterdr/status/993190138002976768

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

docbeard posted:

They had to write Nyssa out for two episodes since for some reason her contract only covered 24 of the 26 episodes in Season 19 and they had to cover the two episodes she wasn't in.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Davros1 posted:

A very nice thread about someone (not me) meeting Eccelston at a con:

https://twitter.com/daddaughterdr/status/993190121875927040

This part stood out to me:

https://twitter.com/daddaughterdr/status/993190138002976768

do it do a big finish audio

it's just one you don't have to do another one unless you want to

capaldi put the gun away, I said not yet

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Has Capaldi started sleeping outside the BFA offices yet?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Vinylshadow posted:

Has Capaldi started sleeping outside the BFA offices yet?

He's said he wants to take some time away from the role for a while.

(Presumably "a while" is however long it takes to construct his own working TARDIS)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

docbeard posted:

He's said he wants to take some time away from the role for a while.

(Presumably "a while" is however long it takes to construct his own working TARDIS)

He's been making Big Finish audios for 30 years now? :stare:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

He's been making Big Finish audios for 30 years now? :stare:

He's Nick Briggs. :aaaaa:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If anyone wants to try their hand at writing for Big Finish, the third annual Paul Spragg Memorial is open. This time you can write for any Doctor up through the 12th; excluding the War Doctor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still haven't actually listened to the second winner from last year, can't believe it has been a year already. The first year's winner was pretty good I thought, though I felt it was stronger in concept than in the execution.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zaroff posted:

They had to write Nyssa out for two episodes since for some reason her contract only covered 24 of the 26 episodes in Season 19 and they had to cover the two episodes she wasn't in.

"I'm unconscious now" was still a weird way to do it, though, like somehow it's more infuriating than when Frazer Hines got the chickenpox and some other guy plays him for awhile because the Doctor couldn't get his face right.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jivjov posted:

If anyone wants to try their hand at writing for Big Finish, the third annual Paul Spragg Memorial is open. This time you can write for any Doctor up through the 12th; excluding the War Doctor.

OH REALLY

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

jivjov posted:

Finally, a chance to bring back the Shaka Doctor!

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Finally, a chance to bring back the Shaka Doctor!

Would you say that this was made possible when the walls fell?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gonna pitch my idea of 11 going back to 1984, so he can watch Ghostbusters and Gremlins on the day they both premiered, which he claims is the one undeniably perfect day in history. Obviously, real ghosts and gremlins keep interrupting him as he tries to watch the movies in peace with Rory.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve got a kernel about 8 returning to New Orleans, but because he’s had so much amnesia, he doesn’t remember the first time with Anji & Fitz, but he keeps running into people who know him.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve got a kernel about 8 returning to New Orleans, but because he’s had so much amnesia, he doesn’t remember the first time with Anji & Fitz, but he keeps running into people who know him.

sounds like my first year of university tbh

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Bicyclops posted:

"I'm unconscious now" was still a weird way to do it, though, like somehow it's more infuriating than when Frazer Hines got the chickenpox and some other guy plays him for awhile because the Doctor couldn't get his face right.

I can't get mad about that one anyway, because I love the implication that all humans look alike to the Doctor.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Idea: Sixth Doctor finally encounters something he honestly doesn't know, can't handle it. Suspicion that he can't possibly be wrong leads him to discover a conspiracy of a temporal blind spot. :hmmyes:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh, finishing up Sirens of Time today. I'm a sucker for anthology with linkers format, and throwing in a multi-doctor segment to top it off is just the best.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

After The War posted:

I can't get mad about that one anyway, because I love the implication that all humans look alike to the Doctor.

Also, as always, Patrick Troughton just makes it work.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Looks like James Goss is doing a novelization of Tom's and Ian Marter's "Doctor Who meets Scratchman" script:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1785943901/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_U_fSY8Ab5PPC1V1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

Idea: Sixth Doctor finally encounters something he honestly doesn't know, can't handle it. Suspicion that he can't possibly be wrong leads him to discover a conspiracy of a temporal blind spot. :hmmyes:

The 7th Doctor materializes the TARDIS in an office tearoom because he could really use a cuppa. As he pours in the milk, he suddenly finds himself in the middle of a multi-year 5th-dimensional chess masterclass by a genius strategist who is pulling off an incredible coup involving billions of individual threads all coming together in absolutely perfect choreographed harmony. The Doctor is able to turn it all around on itself and trap the genius strategist in a web of his own making, then drinks his tea to celebrate.

It is still hot.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

It's the 70s. 12 is teaching at the university, watching over Missy. 3 is working for UNIT. Jack is with Torchwood. There's an alien invasion of a disco.

:boom:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Astroman posted:

It's the 70s. 12 is teaching at the university, watching over Missy. 3 is working for UNIT. Jack is with Torchwood. There's an alien invasion of a disco.

:boom:

And somewhere, the tea is getting cold

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jerusalem posted:

The 7th Doctor materializes the TARDIS in an office tearoom because he could really use a cuppa. As he pours in the milk, he suddenly finds himself in the middle of a multi-year 5th-dimensional chess masterclass by a genius strategist who is pulling off an incredible coup involving billions of individual threads all coming together in absolutely perfect choreographed harmony. The Doctor is able to turn it all around on itself and trap the genius strategist in a web of his own making, then drinks his tea to celebrate.

It is still hot.

no no you have to write a new episode

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nine and Rose arrive on a planet that doesn't have a North, and Nick Briggs the Doctor has to lose the accent to blend in.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's the Doctor's birthday today, and he's 2000!
That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!
*every character from every Doctor Who game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I can't believe the Doctor's real name is Timemaster Anthony

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

no no you have to write a new episode

Terry Nation: I refuse to work under these inhumane conditions!

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

*every character from every Doctor Who game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

"The Light at the End" (2013)

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
A story in which we bring back the Sensorites and the Rani, and also explain UNIT dating, by Rian Blevine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Edward Mass posted:

A celebration that becomes a tragedy when Sil is asked to pass the Sodium Chlowide.

• Locked thread