Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
After the rain delay that race went right to poo poo. Even the broadcasters sounded bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Boomer The Cannon posted:

That was entertaining until it wasn't.

NASCAR's new slogan.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

well, i bought this today

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

What race is that from?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

No idea!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Boomer The Cannon posted:

What race is that from?

It actually fell off one of the planes.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

kidcoelacanth posted:

I used to to get stuff like that for free after a NASCAR race when I was a kid.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Elitist Bitch posted:

I don't hide the fact that I'm a woman, and I've been on this thread for like ten years. And I prefer Ms. :j:

I know you don't hide the fact that you're a woman, and I know you've been here for a long time. I was simply correcting someone who called you "sir." That's it. :)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Harveygod posted:

It actually fell off one of the planes.

hahahahaha goddamn

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

kidcoelacanth posted:

Don't sniff it too hard just in case.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Screw that, scrape some of the paint off and smoke it.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/07/majority-owners-explore-sale-of-nascar-sources-say.html

Our long national nightmare may soon be coming to an end

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Lmao this is about a decade late

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Now that they ruined it they wanna sell it's burning corpse?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Said before, Will say again- it's a drat shame they're going to be loaded for life win, lose, or draw.

Steve O'Donnell tweeted the other day that Xfinity races with regulars in the field only have been good lately and that tossing cup drivers might not be a bad idea, so the end times must be nigh.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Disney will buy NASCAR. Every cup car is now Lightning McQueen and every Xfinity car is now Tow Mater.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
The sport is in critical condition if they're looking to sell. As bad as it is from the outside, they wouldn't be looking to sell if they saw a path to turning it around. The books must be grim.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I just finished listening to Dale Jr's podcast with Kyle Busch and he was actually surprisingly fun on it.

Dale also wants to run the Richmond Xfinity race where he's the in race reporter only he's hot mic'd and can talk to them under green. That's also fun.

That's simultaneously an awesome and awful idea

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SpitztheGreat posted:

The sport is in critical condition if they're looking to sell. As bad as it is from the outside, they wouldn't be looking to sell if they saw a path to turning it around. The books must be grim.

TBF I think we all agree that the first step in a successful turnaround would be "Put literally anyone else in charge"

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

SpitztheGreat posted:

NASCAR buying up ARCA makes a lot more sense with this development. It was never about integrating ARCA into NASCAR racing, it was about integrating ARCA's assets into the NASCAR portfolio to make it more attractive to buyers.

I swear to God if NASCAR kills ARCA due to this I won't watch NASCAR ever again.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

New owners is literally the best thing that could happen here.

monkey's paw curls

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kidcoelacanth posted:

monkey's paw curls
Vince McMahon should buy NASCAR and integrate it into the WWE.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I sense Great Things ahead for the carolina panthers

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shame on an IGA posted:

I sense Great Things ahead for the carolina panthers

Brian France is going to be so bummed when he finds out he can't change rules in the NFL the drop of a hat.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

kidcoelacanth posted:

monkey's paw curls

The Monster SCART Cup Series. Imagine if the charter group buys the series. It would seem great, but yet a terrible idea.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Didn't Bruton Smith try a rival to NASCAR, he's probably your #1 buyer.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

SpitztheGreat posted:

I think this is much more of a "the third generation sells out after not running the business very well." They will get a few billion for it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Coming 2019: NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series.

We GOTS trucks!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hay guyz I heard NASCAR is for sale lets pool our money and buy that motherfucker.

First rule, every race will be a road course or Daytona/Talladega. Maybe Bristol if they retro fit the old track back in it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Every 1st and 3rd sunday is North Wilkesboro or Rockingham

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan International is razed and NASCAR is to be run on Belle Isle

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Make NASCAR modifieds the top division

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh yeah I forgot, no restrictor plates for Daytona or talladega :getin:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Hay guyz I heard NASCAR is for sale lets pool our money and buy that motherfucker.

First rule, every race will be a road course or Daytona/Talladega. Maybe Bristol if they retro fit the old track back in it.

I will pitch in if at least 1 race at both Daytona and Dega is run clockwise.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Do it like football and switch directions half way through.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Half the field races clockwise, the other half counter-clockwise.

Oh wait, someone is already trying that

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

All divisions race at the same time! More cars! Stops bushwacking!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Quantrill posted:

All divisions race at the same time! More cars! Stops bushwacking!

To be fair, traffic does make races interesting.

Especially at Le Mans when a Ferrari will end the life of a Prototype.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/23451973/nascar-launches-youth-esports-series-iracing

Those poor kids are gonna be so bummed when they think they can be William Byron and use all those laps to their advantage when they get to race at North Wilkesboro only to learn it's been gone longer than they've been alive and the Top 3 series' schedules are ":lol: short tracks".

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Seems like they should consider this at this point. I mean back in the day, it's pretty obvious why they chose to race in a way that gave the driver the most protection between them and the wall, but now that the walls are safer, seems like it's not as big of a deal if you hit the wall...

But maybe they should try it with one of the 50 1.5 mile tracks though instead since they are all the loving same anyway.

Although the best clearly would be to run Stage 1 counterclockwise, then Stage 2 Clockwise, then Stage 3 counterclockwise again. That way they would have to spend 5 minutes on pit road adjusting the car to go the other way. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

WindyMan posted:

Make NASCAR modifieds the top division