Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
If that solves it, why didn't the First King do that then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Erwin literally mulched 90% of his men in every post Eren-Titan plan he had and now Levi and Hange are giving Eren poo poo for a plan that got 8 people killed tops and paid off massively lmao

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Perfect Potato posted:

Erwin literally mulched 90% of his men in every post Eren-Titan plan he had and now Levi and Hange are giving Eren poo poo for a plan that got 8 people killed tops and paid off massively lmao

Cause this was not the plan.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i don't even know what the actual plan was tbh

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

U-DO Burger posted:

Neither do I.

I really dont get what they are mad at Eren for. It was a huge victory, on what he deviated from the plan?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

The plan probably didn't involve killing as many civilians as he did

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

U-DO Burger posted:

It seems that Eren went to Marley on his own and caused the Survey Corps to launch an attack/rescue operation to get him back. Perhaps the Survey Corps wasn't interested in such a bold attack, so Eren decided to force the issue. It was apparently his plan to consume at least the Warhammer Titan and possibly other Marley titans, as well as help Zeke secretly defect during the chaos of battle. People are mad at Eren because this battle would never have happened if he hadn't gone AWOL, thus none of these people would be dead.

I'm a little alarmed at the mention of a New Eldian Empire. I may end up eating a shoe after all.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Mountaineer posted:

It seems that Eren went to Marley on his own and caused the Survey Corps to launch an attack/rescue operation to get him back. Perhaps the Survey Corps wasn't interested in such a bold attack, so Eren decided to force the issue. It was apparently his plan to consume at least the Warhammer Titan and possibly other Marley titans, as well as help Zeke secretly defect during the chaos of battle. People are mad at Eren because this battle would never have happened if he hadn't gone AWOL, thus none of these people would be dead.

I'm a little alarmed at the mention of a New Eldian Empire. I may end up eating a shoe after all.

I'm 90% positive that this was Zeke's plan, which Eren forced the Survey Corps into following by throwing himself into it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

FYI the translation is missing 2 whole pages for some reason.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mountaineer posted:

I like the cut of these new recruits' jib. They seem sufficiently bloodthirsty. This confirms my theory that Floch is not an aberration. Our heroes are of a dying pacifistic breed. This new generation wants blood and power.

Goddamn, how does each new chapter manage to be better than the last. This arc is loving awesome.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Apparently Falco was significantly inspired by Jessie Pinkman and man, I can really see it.

U-DO Burger posted:

I really like Gabi and Falco

Sasha's one of the disposable protags who outlived her usefulness ages ago, so I really don't care that she's dead. That was sick shot Gabi took :hellyeah:

Sasha was the best shot they had on their side, which'll matter now that they're using guns more.

Her death is also important because it shows that despite all his new coldness, Eren still cares. Also that even Mikasa was crying, when she tended to be indifferent to anyone other than Eren and Armin.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 4, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

don't think we're supposed to know what that was at this point. hell, maybe it'll never come up

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Sasha was the best shot they had on their side, which'll matter now that they're using guns more.

it's cool gabi is gonna join and she's a better apparently

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
So now the plotline of who will inherit the Armor from Reiner turns into... will these kids who have been training to take on titan powers now eventually switch sides and end up taking on titan powers on the Paradis side? Zeke is probably nearing the end of his titan lifespan, but has an important role to play first with his royal blood... Oh well another month before we get any hints!

Also when I think about Eren having like 3-4 titans in him by now and how titan powers are transferred... I wonder if he'd transfer all the titan powers when consumed, and if the only way to transfer them separately now would be to die normally and let them transfer through whatever their random osmosis bullshit mechanism is

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 4, 2018

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Do you guys think that Zeke still might be in Liquid Ocelot mode and preparing to betray both Marley and the Eldians? He's the most qualified Big Bad, and not exactly trustworthy. With him on their side, the heroes literally have no opponents even approaching them in power.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Beefstew posted:

Do you guys think that Zeke still might be in Liquid Ocelot mode and preparing to betray both Marley and the Eldians? He's the most qualified Big Bad, and not exactly trustworthy. With him on their side, the heroes literally have no opponents even approaching them in power.

I can't see him being the big bad when he's so close to his time limit. what does he have to gain from betraying both sides? siding with the eldians makes sense for him at this point

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Beefstew posted:

We still don't know everything about the Titans. There could still be some surprises there that produce new threats.

Beyond that, I don't imagine all the nations will be excited about this new Titan-heavy player on the field. Remember that the entire reason Marley wanted access to Paradis is for resources to produce better weapons of war. Titans are still pretty powerful at the moment, but they aren't what they used to be and we don't know what kind of technology other nations have.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Elena gave me a jump because I figured beardo was Annie from the moment that she showed up but couldn't quite believe it

Also:
"She said...
...'meat"

*Eren bursts into tears*

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Wellwinds posted:

Elena gave me a jump because I figured beardo was Annie from the moment that she showed up but couldn't quite believe it

Also:
"She said...
...'meat"

*Eren bursts into tears*

Poor Eren remembering the simpler times when all they had to do was kill all titans. Now he's gone and started World War 2.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wellwinds posted:

Also:
"She said...
...'meat"

*Eren bursts into tears*

he was chuckling

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I like the cut of these new recruits' jib. They seem sufficiently bloodthirsty. This confirms my theory that Floch is not an aberration. Our heroes are of a dying pacifistic breed. This new generation wants blood and power.

Goddamn, how does each new chapter manage to be better than the last. This arc is loving awesome.

That's what I was expecting out of the Walldians. A reawakened zeal for conquest and revenge after the true nature of their people(and how they fit into this new hostile world) was revealed. We're probably going to see some hosed up poo poo out of our new shocktrooper heroes. I'm guessing all engagements are going to be soft target guerrilla maneuvers unless Walldia has miraculously mobilized a regular army thats just as familiar with the WWI style engagements as any other global player.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 4, 2018

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Just the fact that they have titans means that they command the attention of the other nations. They don't even need to use them in military battles. They are the perfect terrorist weapons. Having only the giant titan means they have an undetectable reusable weapon of mass destruction.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

After dodging so many death flags, it seems that Sasha finally met one she couldn't avoid. RIP :smith:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Viridiant posted:

Gabi's my favorite little idiot.

furious dumbass

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
So...given all that we now know, what were any members of the Ackerman clan doing in Wallmaria? I mean why were any there to begin with? Fritz brought all of the Eldians he could mind-wipe into the walls with him, but why would he include anyone he couldn't wipe? I think the Ackermans weren't part of the original migration but came later.

Something that's bothered me is right before the attack in the Eldian ghetto, the Asian representative was leaving the speech flanked by a pair of Kenny cosplayers. I think it was the same representative who showed compassion to the Eldian child who spilled wine on her. I'm sure their country had a hand in the attack, but I can't help but also wonder if they also knew the truth about Wallmaria the entire time and have even directly interfered in some capacity in the past, explaining why there were any Ackermans on the isle at any point in time.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

BuhamutZeo posted:

So...given all that we now know, what were any members of the Ackerman clan doing in Wallmaria? I mean why were any there to begin with? Fritz brought all of the Eldians he could mind-wipe into the walls with him, but why would he include anyone he couldn't wipe? I think the Ackermans weren't part of the original migration but came later.

I've seen theories that the Ackermans were created to serve the King and his family. We heard from Marley folks that they were created with "titan science" which could mean basically anything. There are a couple points where Mikasa and Levi try to kill Bert and Reiner and are unable to, and at one point Levi says something along the lines of "is this his power?" when he's unable to kill Reiner, implying that it's not emotional or physical, but something else that's restraining him. It makes me think that while the founding titan can't mind wipe, there's probably some degree of control shifters (specifically the founder) have over Ackermans.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
But then why wasn't the King constantly protected by Ackermans at all times? In fact an Ackerman was sent to KILL the actual King (Who the gently caress even hired him and why? Few even knew Fritz was the true King.) and only after that was Kenny called into the King's service.

My actual question is what happened on the Island that the Ackermans were present, but not in the capacity of protecting the King, and in fact don't seem to have an agenda to begin with?

I think the original intent is that Mikasa's mother knew. Died before passing on the truth.

EDIT: Re-read some previous chapters. They were there the whole time and the monarchy pushed them away for purity reasons and the fact they couldn't control them for poo poo. The first generation decided to not pass on the truth to the next, and so here we land at the current situation. Still think the Asian representative was shady as gently caress and the Waldians have a pact with her country.

BuhamutZeo fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 6, 2018

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

JahRoo posted:

at one point Levi says something along the lines of "is this his power?" when he's unable to kill Reiner

I read that encounter as Levi was being philosophical and his dialogue would be read more as "is fate deadset letting this guy live from certain death scenarios"?

And Mikasa not killing Bert and Rein is about not giving 100% killing intent to murder her friends, she even flashbacks at their horrified faces when she ponders this.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

BuhamutZeo posted:

The king still needed a few families with memories to form the central military police, suppress technology that would allow travel outside the walls, run the wall cult to prevent people from doing construction on the walls, protect the Founder titan and control the press. All the noble families made a pact to die with the true history, leaving their descendants to live wealthy lives in the center of town. The Ackerman family was persecuted by the other nobles because they have a mystery titan power in addition to mind control immunity, and could pose a threat to the king's paradise if they decided to rebel. And Ackermans would have to be part of the first migration since the Marley were aware of their existence.

I'm really excited to see if the Warhammer memories shed any light on the Ackerman's ability. My best guess so far is they can draw power from the "paths" without needing a shifter soul. My wild guess is Carl Fritz's pact with the Founder and the Ackermans are related. Maybe he transferred some "free will portion" of the Founder soul into the first Ackerman and all his descendants get titan-lite powers as a side effect. Building on this, my other really wild guess is Eren could control titans that one time because he touched a royal blood titan and Mikasa was with him.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Who am I rooting for

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a.lo posted:

Who am I rooting for

Meat.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

a.lo posted:

Who am I rooting for

Death.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

a.lo posted:

Who am I rooting for

Nazi Germany

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BuhamutZeo posted:

But then why wasn't the King constantly protected by Ackermans at all times? In fact an Ackerman was sent to KILL the actual King (Who the gently caress even hired him and why? Few even knew Fritz was the true King.) and only after that was Kenny called into the King's service.

My actual question is what happened on the Island that the Ackermans were present, but not in the capacity of protecting the King, and in fact don't seem to have an agenda to begin with?

I think the original intent is that Mikasa's mother knew. Died before passing on the truth.

EDIT: Re-read some previous chapters. They were there the whole time and the monarchy pushed them away for purity reasons and the fact they couldn't control them for poo poo. The first generation decided to not pass on the truth to the next, and so here we land at the current situation. Still think the Asian representative was shady as gently caress and the Waldians have a pact with her country.

You've already answered your own question, but I don't think Kenny wasn't sent to kill the King, he attempted to assassinate the King of his own accord, he just got help from someone in the King's inner circle by getting information from them.

And whoever it was that informed on the royal family got offed, and Kenny ended up taking his place.

Sucks to be that guy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 7, 2018

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

In memory of happier times, one of my favorite moments from the first season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r471bTY05ak

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ATP_Power posted:

In memory of happier times, one of my favorite moments from the first season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r471bTY05ak

The best part is that she hands him the smaller part.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wrong manga

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

gently caress :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

U-DO Burger posted:

Nazi Germany