Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

PMush Perfect posted:

What I mean is if he picked the Fascist and said it was because I passed him two. It'd make us both look bad, but it'd be my word against his. I don't know if someone would make a bold move that early, but it's a possibility, since there wouldn't be a chance to clear my name for quite a while.
Okay, that makes sense.

##nominate kumba

##vote yes

Feel free to not vote/hold off on hammering if there's stuff you guys still want to discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote yes

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##vote yes

Can't think of a compelling reason to vote no on two people we know nothing about.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote yes

Surrre

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote yes

thiiiis is hooow we doooo iiiiiiit

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiUuL5uTKc

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Thank god, if your immediate next post hadn't been this... lol

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i know what's up

:whatup:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
##vote yes

:redhammer:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The Summer of 1930 is all happiness and sunshine with another Liberal policy showing up. The populace is starting to have hope. King Burgundy is preparing to build the next administration.

Game status:

11 cards in the policy deck
4 cards in the discard pile

0 Fascist policies passed
2 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

King Burgundy
CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy

Previous administration was CapnAndy and kumba.

Nomination deadline: 11th May, 01:00 GMT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cool.

What cards did you folks get?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm thinking I'll do TMM for my pick.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It seems like things are running smoothly.

It also seems like there isn't much to discuss as long as a liberal policy is passed. I'm not saying I trust any of the people who've been in government 100% just yet, but I also see no reason to doubt any of them either.

Of course, I guess that is kind of assuming that kumba had a choice and didn't get 2 liberal policies.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I did in fact get 2 liberal policies

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel it worth mentioning that while regular fascists have motivation to cause trouble, the absolute best play for Hitler is playing 100% Liberal.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Did I miss the part about how the assassination works

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I feel it worth mentioning that while regular fascists have motivation to cause trouble, the absolute best play for Hitler is playing 100% Liberal.

And that is why I don't trust anyone 100% just yet.

Hitler is obviously going to be 100% liberal and I'm assuming that a fascist who was given an early choice (like in these first two rounds) might also choose a liberal policy, especially since the first power is an investigation.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

Did I miss the part about how the assassination works

great question. I think what your missing is a fascist policy. That's not what you want.... is it?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

kumba posted:

I did in fact get 2 liberal policies
I drew one fascist and two liberal policies, and while I considered passing one fascist and one liberal to "test" kumba, I don't believe that actually gives much information: a liberal would pass the liberal policy because it's a liberal policy, and a fascist would pass the liberal policy because he knows I'm not on his team and it's much too early to start poo poo by giving me an explicitly fascist act to rail against.

Instead I thought that knowing that a liberal policy has been discarded is very important information, and I didn't want to ask everyone to just blindly take my word for it. This way, kumba and I are both saying it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I just opened the actual rules page for the first time and holy poo poo :eyepop: that's a lot of words

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
if kumba is fascist, then receiving two lib policies is a great way to hide.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

And that is why I don't trust anyone 100% just yet.

Hitler is obviously going to be 100% liberal and I'm assuming that a fascist who was given an early choice (like in these first two rounds) might also choose a liberal policy, especially since the first power is an investigation.

I could see a fascist President willing to make an early move (for instance bury a liberal and pass two fascist) because not only does no one else see their card, they would control the investigation. But fascist Chancellors I think are less likely to cause trouble, looking to play the long game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

kumba's stint as Chancellor is a null read to me; he literally had no choice but to enact a liberal policy. His play would be the same irregardless of role.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I'm thinking I'll do TMM for my pick.

I'd vote yes to this right now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

kumba posted:

I just opened the actual rules page for the first time and holy poo poo :eyepop: that's a lot of words
It's actually pretty simple for the most part, just wordy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

I disagree with the idea that we'd gain any more information if I'd given him a lib and fasc to choose from, though. Like I said, I would expect both a liberal and a fascist to pick the liberal policy at this point in the game.

And also like I said, it is important to know when liberal policies get discarded, and I want the liberals keeping their eyes on that.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

I disagree with the idea that we'd gain any more information if I'd given him a lib and fasc to choose from, though. Like I said, I would expect both a liberal and a fascist to pick the liberal policy at this point in the game.

And also like I said, it is important to know when liberal policies get discarded, and I want the liberals keeping their eyes on that.

agreed, it seems like this kind of game really doesn't get rolling until the first fascist policy gets passed

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapnAndy posted:

That makes sense. I agree knowing the numbers of discarded libs is important.

There are 2 or 3 lib policies left. 18-27% chance of getting at least one lib policy drawn by the next pres.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

agreed, it seems like this kind of game really doesn't get rolling until the first fascist policy gets passed

How would you employ the benefit of the first fascist policy and why?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Bastardly posted:

How would you employ the benefit of the first fascist policy and why?

i would probably policy peek at this current juncture. i don't have anything to go on in terms of investigation/execution and it'd just be a blind shot in the dark, and i don't see any reason to interrupt the current order of the presidency

at least that way i could potentially catch someone in a lie next turn

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
speaking of which, are presidential actions public?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

kumba posted:

i would probably policy peek at this current juncture. i don't have anything to go on in terms of investigation/execution and it'd just be a blind shot in the dark, and i don't see any reason to interrupt the current order of the presidency

at least that way i could potentially catch someone in a lie next turn

Not how it works. First fascist policy is investigate (2nd same, 3rd special election, 4 and 5 assassinate). The act of investigating is private, but of course only you see the result.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
oh wtf i can't pick okay

in that case i'd probably pick either of our former presidents to investigate, or the next person in line for presidency, since i think that'd give the most actionable information at this state of the game

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I didn't know it was pre arranged either, good to know.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, so at 3 of 11 on the liberal policies, if no one is lying. So down to a 27% chance per draw on a liberal policy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Think we are still waiting on posts/comments from a couple people, but ready to nominate whenever.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would investigate kumba because he, a) didn't have a choice and b) will be President at what is likely to be a very dangerous time.

I'm assuming that a fascist policy will get enacted today simple because there are only 2 liberal cards currently available out of 11. Now maybe KB gets lucky and draws one of those two cards, but I'm not counting on it.

Then we have to go through CPig, DB and RF. If all three are able to act, we'll very likely be either at 4 fascist/2 liberal or 3 liberal/3 fascist. The deck would resuffle when RF picks his 3 cards in this case, so there is a chance we could get to 2 fascist/4 liberal but I'm not sure I'd place any bets on it.

So as you can see kumba should definitely be a potential investigation target, although maybe it could wait until the 2nd investigation if you wanted to look at one of Cpig/DB/RF first.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I would investigate kumba because he, a) didn't have a choice and b) will be President at what is likely to be a very dangerous time.

I'm assuming that a fascist policy will get enacted today simple because there are only 2 liberal cards currently available out of 11. Now maybe KB gets lucky and draws one of those two cards, but I'm not counting on it.

Then we have to go through CPig, DB and RF. If all three are able to act, we'll very likely be either at 4 fascist/2 liberal or 3 liberal/3 fascist. The deck would resuffle when RF picks his 3 cards in this case, so there is a chance we could get to 2 fascist/4 liberal but I'm not sure I'd place any bets on it.

So as you can see kumba should definitely be a potential investigation target, although maybe it could wait until the 2nd investigation if you wanted to look at one of Cpig/DB/RF first.

Aren't there 3 left? Should only be 2 left if Pmush was lying about how many liberal policies she drew. If she drew 2, and discarded one, then there would only be 2 left.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Aren't there 3 left? Should only be 2 left if Pmush was lying about how many liberal policies she drew. If she drew 2, and discarded one, then there would only be 2 left.

16 cards to start: 11 fascist, 5 liberal.
1 liberal card drawn D1
2 liberal cards drawn D2

That means only 2 left for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

16 cards to start: 11 fascist, 5 liberal.
1 liberal card drawn D1
2 liberal cards drawn D2

That means only 2 left for now.

Per the rules link, 10 player game doesn't have any special rebalancing:

"The 11 Fascist Policy tiles and the 6 Liberal Policy tiles are shuffled into a single Policy deck."

https://secrethitler.io/rules

So that's 17 to start, 6 liberal. 3 left. Unless Pmush or CapnAndy lied and got one more liberal policy then stated.

• Locked thread