Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fernando Romero is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

happ dinged from both sides today, thank goodness for the marlins

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Your intermittent reminder that despite tribalism and competitiveness, most ballplayers and sports fans are, at their core, people who have shared values, will have human reactions to tragedy and will try to do the right thing.

Except for Ryan Braun. gently caress that guy.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

IcePhoenix posted:

Fernando Romero is good

I'm half drunk and also dyslexic as gently caress and read this post as "Fernando Rodney is good" and was really, really confused for a good couple of seconds.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

I'm half drunk and also dyslexic as gently caress and read this post as "Fernando Rodney is good" and was really, really confused for a good couple of seconds.

rodney owns

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Pancakes posted:

Your intermittent reminder that despite tribalism and competitiveness, most ballplayers and sports fans are, at their core, people who have shared values, will have human reactions to tragedy and will try to do the right thing.

Also, don't ask them about their politics

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

He is part of one of the best baseball gifs of all time

Also, it's really nice to see the Cubs take out all their frustrations from the past 5 games tonight on the Marlins. :allears:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Honestly my favorite part of that .gif will forever be the umpire tossing the batter even though the game is already over.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I have never seen this extremely good gif before, thank you for posting it.

Also I sent it to a friend of mine and he replied “baseball is the gif that keeps on giving.”

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Sydin posted:

Honestly my favorite part of that .gif will forever be the umpire tossing the batter even though the game is already over.

I'm still wondering if that counts as an ejection in the books. :confused:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GalacticAcid posted:

I have never seen this extremely good gif before, thank you for posting it.

Also I sent it to a friend of mine and he replied “baseball is the gif that keeps on giving.”

Much like yankeesfans.gif, everyone in it has a story, even the headless fans and ushers in the background.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Also, it's really nice to see the Cubs take out all their frustrations from the past 5 games tonight on the Marlins. :allears:

Everything about this looks like it’s from a movie or video game :allears:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Man, Josmil Pinto is all 31 Baskin-Robbins flavours of PISSED at that call.

Sydin posted:

He did have that one season where he was drat near unhittable (2012-13, where every measurable stat was yowza city). Dude even got some 3rd place MVP votes.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Pancakes posted:

Sir, I have it on good authority that all Yankees and their fans are scoundrels and cowards.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Pancakes posted:

I had forgotten he claimed the urine handler was antisemitic until Dan LeBatard reminded me this morning.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Man, Josmil Pinto is all 31 Baskin-Robbins flavours of PISSED at that call.

I think that’s Nick Punto

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

It’s definitely Nick Punto

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

bawfuls posted:

It’s definitely Nick Punto

It’s likely as mad as you will have ever seen Nick Punto as well, since we all know he was just a carefree guy who loved sliding headfirst into first base. (GET MONEY.)

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Sydin posted:

Yeah I think the Cubs will survive the $126m to Yu.

Also I've been bagging on him but honestly I'm pretty sure Darvish will turn it around. It's not like he's lost velo or movement, he's just clearly struggling with his mechanics and probably uncomfortable with a new club. Lester was awful when he first came to the Cubs too, he'll get over it.

I don't get why they signed Gimenez then left him in AAA. I like Caratini and all but I'd assumed they'd want to have a veteran catcher to back up Contreras, along with letting Gimenez be Darvish's personal catcher. That worked with Lester & Ross, and the Cubs have had plenty of luck with veteran catchers (Ross, Avila, Rivera.)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Gimenez has an opt out if he's not on the major league roster by June 1st, so my guess is he'll be called up some point before then. The problem is that Caratini is proving that he can hit and catch at the major league level, and he destroyed AAA last year so there's not a whole lot for him to gain from going back down.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Colomé sucked for a month and now he’s good, I guess. Closers.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm still wondering if that counts as an ejection in the books. :confused:

I'll throw him out of a game that's already over! That'll show him!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/993879525158195201

lmao

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Tag yourself.

I'm the ump ejecting the final out of the game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

So this whole "bat your worst dude leadoff because it will get them going!" thing is uh, A Thing, I guess?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

the twins are... bad?!?!?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
First Irish native to play in MLB since 1945, thrills family, friends in stands

Lmao this guy will be the god-emperor of Woodside if he turns out to be anything but god awful.

Also if anyone can produce a .gif of his family dancing in the stands with the tricolour I would be immensely obliged.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol: at Mauer not being in the lineup and hitting first.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Tag yourself.

I'm the ump ejecting the final out of the game.

I'm Punto's wife's tweet.

https://twitter.com/MsShredderpunto/status/487821003519979520

Edit:
https://twitter.com/GregJohnsMLB/status/487824116934660096

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 8, 2018

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The first few replies in that thread are very cringe.

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

GalacticAcid posted:

First Irish native to play in MLB since 1945, thrills family, friends in stands

Lmao this guy will be the god-emperor of Woodside if he turns out to be anything but god awful.

Also if anyone can produce a .gif of his family dancing in the stands with the tricolour I would be immensely obliged.

https://i.imgur.com/mEc7cdL.mp4

gif here: https://i.imgur.com/mEc7cdL.gif

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Amazing, thank you!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/LottOnBaseball/status/993900573887029254

Well that's not great.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
oh good

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh for fucks sake

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rand alPaul posted:

:lol: at Mauer not being in the lineup and hitting first.

it's the epitome of "well we can't move guys around in the lineup so I guess the backup will just take the spot of the guy he's replacing!"

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

What the gently caress

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

This is a top-tier quote. I love Fernando Rodney, especially now that he is no longer on my team

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

aw man I liked Osuna. what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Poque posted:

This is a top-tier quote. I love Fernando Rodney, especially now that he is no longer on my team

I don't like Rodney, but now that he's not on my team, I get schadenfreude out of him being another team's problem.

• Locked thread