Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’m really surprised the ESPN deal happened as rumored, though I guess we still have to see if Fox increases what it was paying. I’m completely okay with paying $60 a year for fight nights, I can easily pay for it by skipping any ppv featuring cyborg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Only after he has beaten Nate Diaz will GSP have earned the right to challenge Conor for the welterweight belt that someone else has.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I’m really surprised the ESPN deal happened as rumored, though I guess we still have to see if Fox increases what it was paying. I’m completely okay with paying $60 a year for fight nights, I can easily pay for it by skipping any ppv featuring cyborg.

I'm not paying for poo poo if they're doing fights like GSP vs Nate.

Edit: I'm not paying for poo poo.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I don’t really care about retired rich guy fights because it’s not like those guys would fight anyone better if they weren’t fighting each other. Nate should fight Colby Covington and GSP should fight Dos Anjos and there should be no interim WW title in a perfect world, but oh well.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Edit: I'm not paying for poo poo.

Awesome, one less person to complain about fighter pay.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
White is also saying it will be at LW, and how in the world is GSP going to make 155

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

This is great for the UFC but I too will not be buying this

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Like all MMA fans I barely watch regular person sports so I won't buy that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Only after he has beaten Nate Diaz will GSP have earned the right to challenge Conor for the welterweight belt that someone else has.

can't nate do well though? GSP looked good against bisping but it wasn't easy for him

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Nates way too tiny & GSP is too good at wrestling. It's not really a good matchup except if somehow it did actually happen at 155, since GSP would be dead then.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Ok I totally read it initially as Nick Diaz and assumed gsp would fight him at 185...

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the weird balkanisation of tv rights is whatever because i'm not watching it anyway, but in the uk they were polling people on paying an extra £5 a month just to watch dogshit at 3am and i am extremely not watching that

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I dont know how gsp will look at 155, how he will cope with rear end death, etc. But nate hasnt really gotten better ever, and always struggled off his back against anyone that had a good top game. It seems like a real waste of a gsp fight tbh

mewse
May 2, 2006

Is GSP just cutting weight by making GBS threads out parts of his colon now?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Didn't people used to say GSP wasn't all that big of a welter in his prime? I guess it's feasible he could make 155 but I'd still be shocked as hell to see it.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
if old man trinaldo can repeatedly make 155 i guess anything's possible

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

mewse posted:

Is GSP just cutting weight by making GBS threads out parts of his colon now?

to be neil degrasse tyson for a minute: inflammatory bowel disease patients, particularly in acute disease, can have mega hosed up nitrogen metabolism and lose shitloads of protein per day (like double digit grams) without having to poo poo out parts of their colon. losing weight won't be a problem for him because it's so easy to get into negative nitrogen balance, the real issue is that the colon is the main interface to absorb water, and his is going to be less good at doing that, and he can't use an iv.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

so what youre saying is is, hes going to douche his way to victory?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

If ESPN+ takes the place of Fightpass entirely that's pretty cool. Fightpass has been godawful lately in terms of streaming issues and the search function has always returned results in a head scratching manner.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

threeagainstfour posted:

If ESPN+ takes the place of Fightpass entirely that's pretty cool. Fightpass has been godawful lately in terms of streaming issues and the search function has always returned results in a head scratching manner.

I read that as the fight library and random b-leagues still being on fightpass and the fight nights and TNCS being on ESPN.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe GSP got off the juice

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

White is also saying it will be at LW, and how in the world is GSP going to make 155

I cannot wait for the zombie GSP to win a tepid decision and get called out by Conor (who will still be ducking Khabib) and Khabib (who will postpone the fight for injuries)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe GSP got off the juice

Nah lol

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Triticum just told us his colon is less juicy and always will be. Yeesh. Keep up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the weird balkanisation of tv rights is whatever because i'm not watching it anyway, but in the uk they were polling people on paying an extra £5 a month just to watch dogshit at 3am and i am extremely not watching that

If BT sport wasn't included on my TV package, I wouldn't give them a penny even considering they have exclusivity on the champions league nowadays (iirc it's exclusive anyway)

UFC at 3AM is an extremely hard pass.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

According to Jeremy Botter, ESPN+ subscribers will get $5 off for Fightpass. So ESPN+ and Fightpass together will be $10/month.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Rigel posted:

According to Jeremy Botter, ESPN+ subscribers will get $5 off for Fightpass. So ESPN+ and Fightpass together will be $10/month.

I would then be paying like nothing more for it. Sold. Sign me up.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

El Roncho posted:

I would then be paying like nothing more for it. Sold. Sign me up.

Yeah, I hate having multiple services. But fuckit if it's the same price.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

El Roncho posted:

Didn't people used to say GSP wasn't all that big of a welter in his prime? I guess it's feasible he could make 155 but I'd still be shocked as hell to see it.

Of the guys he fought for the title at welterweight, all of them were either taller or visibly more muscular. It's debatable whether he was smaller than average, but he wasn't an exceptionally large guy for the division.

BJ Penn throws off these averages, however.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I mean I'll watch it but I am not going to be a subscriber if you know what I mean.

I already pay for Fight Pass so I don't see the point in paying for another web streaming service just to watch UFC's fights.

Captain Log posted:

Yeah, I hate having multiple services. But fuckit if it's the same price.

Wait so if you have fight pass you get $5 off for ESPN+ or is it vice versa?

Also what other poo poo other than 30 for 30 is on that service?

Edit - Nevermind, its not even available here without doing a VPN so lol.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 9, 2018

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

El Roncho posted:

People actually said he was small which I never understood unless your points of comparison are just peak Thiago Alves and roided to the gills Johny Hendricks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is this a global deal thing or only in America?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

I searched "ESPN plus" and just got the regular sign up page in Australia, so maybe? Also it's being run by the Direct to Consumer and International department at Disney, so, again, no idea but looks promising.

What also looks promising is that Nick Diaz has been minding his manners with USADA.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/993867582745796614

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

Its probably just the US.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah a couple of minutes' more investigation has revealed that the ESPN+ service is US-only.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So I guess internationally everything will stick with Fightpass, hopefully.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I think I missed the news outside of this thread.

What exactly is happening in the US?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Captain Log posted:

I think I missed the news outside of this thread.

What exactly is happening in the US?

A cop shot a groundhog

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

ESPN+ geoblocks South Korean IPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Power of Pecota posted:

A cop shot a groundhog

Noted.

• Locked thread