Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I actually tracked her to Mafia last night.

##vote Asiina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote Asiina

:aaaaa:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Mafia is bad and furthermore

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote Asiina

You fool, I AM mafia.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Asiina posted:

You fool, I AM mafia.

birb is known to self-kill as scum, mafia is dead, asiina was tracked to mafia, and mafia is asiina

qed birdstrike is an asiina alt

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GeneX posted:

birb is known to self-kill as scum, mafia is dead, asiina was tracked to mafia, and mafia is asiina

qed birdstrike is an asiina alt

checks out

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh no I've been found out!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I made a quick and dirty Secret Hitler thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855889

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mafia, what the gently caress

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i too love the man who thinks game design is adding fake edge to things

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
WTF mafia
what is it? mafia. why is there a thread for mafia>>>wtf? like one night werewolf? who is this for?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Snooze Cruise posted:

who is this for?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

code:
 w    h   o       i   s      t  h   i   s      f   o   r     ?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
juby pls

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

MrThingyman posted:

Hi guys!

It's that time of year again. Time for the 5th season of The Mafia Championship, featuring 170 communities this year.

I'm hoping very much you guys would like to participate once more. If you are interested, the deadline for choosing a rep is May 1.

More info here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

I didn't see anyone else say they were interested in doing this so I guess I will, if nothing else to advertise that we exist and maybe get some new blood for our own games. Also some guy from gamefaqs won last year's so I'm feeling pretty good about my odds.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

The Ninth Layer posted:

I didn't see anyone else say they were interested in doing this so I guess I will, if nothing else to advertise that we exist and maybe get some new blood for our own games. Also some guy from gamefaqs won last year's so I'm feeling pretty good about my odds.

Luck, TNL!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I won't play there again.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It can't be worse than mafiascum.

Any general advice?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You have to be really active to succeed. Throw your personality around and buddy up to everyone regardless of your alignment. I played an antagonistic active poster role when I was scum and did very well, but it was way harder than it should have been. When I tried to do the same thing as town, no one listened to me even though I was the only one building actual cases instead of making ~~~soul reads~~~ or terrible emotional cases.

In short, they are the worst of us. You've been warned.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've been seeing a lot of people outside of the community using "merking" for "killing". Did... Did we do that?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

nah it's from "murk" presumably
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=murk

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

You have to be really active to succeed. Throw your personality around and buddy up to everyone regardless of your alignment. I played an antagonistic active poster role when I was scum and did very well, but it was way harder than it should have been. When I tried to do the same thing as town, no one listened to me even though I was the only one building actual cases instead of making ~~~soul reads~~~ or terrible emotional cases.

In short, they are the worst of us. You've been warned.

That's pretty helpful. I'm reading the game Lumpen played in last year and it's 75% people making snap town calls on whatever, if that's the style then it's good to know in advance to just embrace it. No one listens to me here anyway so that shouldn't be hard to adjust to.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Who is even going to the mafia champs this year???????????????

i'll do it if nobody else will

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

That's pretty helpful. I'm reading the game Lumpen played in last year and it's 75% people making snap town calls on whatever, if that's the style then it's good to know in advance to just embrace it. No one listens to me here anyway so that shouldn't be hard to adjust to.

Yes, they also tend to work backwards (find town, then assume remaining must be scum). It's infuriating. It's also why I won a flawless scum victory.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Just do what I do and use a dartboard.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

Just do what I do and use a dartboard.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Asisna aisnia asinna!

mastercehf!!!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I know birb. I'm gonna wait until the audition episodes are over though because those are always boring.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asiina posted:

I know birb. I'm gonna wait until the audition episodes are over though because those are always boring.

:same:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Still barely into the first game, but Secret Hitler / Resistance / Coup / ONUW / etc. seem like a good way to keep playing our dumb party games without having to worry about the smaller playerbase than we usually have.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Don't worry, I plan on saving mafia when I run my Fate/Fake Strange game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
rip mafia

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

b-minus1 posted:

rip mafia

hey

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
hi

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

rip mafia

It can't die... i'm like 6.5 games from 100 games. I need my 100 so I can get out. Earn my freedom. Anyone with more than 100 games has clearly already lost their minds.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It can't die... i'm like 6.5 games from 100 games. I need my 100 so I can get out. Earn my freedom. Anyone with more than 100 games has clearly already lost their minds.

confirm

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

anyone who has ever played mafia is probably a bad person except for like chaoslord and murmur twin send tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

eight dollars