Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Clever Spambot posted:

IIRC that stream boy went through there first and didn't have too much trouble, though they did it pretty peacefully.

Don't recruit grieving mother, or read the souls of any of the backer characters and the dialogue is paced pretty well imo.

Durance talks a lot too, ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

corn in the bible posted:

Durance talks a lot too, ofc

Yeah that's true, his plotline actually goes somewhere though.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Should I bother importing saves? It sounds like the game isnt importing them correctly?

Basically all of my minor reactivity has been correct, and so has everything related to the Gods. Aloth and Pallegina were fine carried over just fine, but both Eder and Kana had the wrong endings for me.

Some of the minor stuff I noticed didn't have options to set manually, and I don't really mind the Eder/Kana inconsistency that much. So, I'm glad I did it. Obviously, your mileage may very.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
PSA: it is very important that you take Aloth to the brothel in Neketaka.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
What's the best muscle wizard, pure wizard with conjuration or some sort of multiclass?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Xerophyte posted:

PSA: it is very important that you take Aloth to the brothel in Neketaka.

This game's horny levels are out of control

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hot bug, spoilers for conch quest

if you activate the wall conch with the giant cave grub off screen its ai never starts and you can slowly pummel it to death

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hey just starting this now, anyone running a spellsword of some description

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

queeb posted:

finished white march part 1, that was super good and now some real shits starting into part 2

Hell yeah, WM2 is one of those "kind of wish I could play it for the first time again" kind of things for me. It's so badass

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Free Triangle posted:

What's the best muscle wizard, pure wizard with conjuration or some sort of multiclass?

Definitely not a conjurer. All of the specialized wizards are pretty bad choices, but a conjurer misses out on illusion spells which are very important for a melee wizard.

Multiclassing with a martial class seems like a perfectly fine and good idea.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

That sucks. Manually created my history and selected to let Aelys kill her uncle, but Skaen's chewing me out for wiping her mind. I really wouldn't have expected save import bugs from manual creation.

Also had Eder tell me a story about going back home to see his parents, not mentioning anything of the night market, but he still has the pendant? Is that normal?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like the Pet Wide Buff tooltips on hover are completely wrong. The real effect is shown on the character sheet.

Also if you've been getting unresponsive mouse clicks], turn off Steam overlay. This was a problem in the backer beta too.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
(For people like me who take a million years in the character creation sequence, only to start it over because you realize you didn't like your eye colour or something…)

Your portrait, colours, voice and stance are all changeable after the game starts, so you don't need to worry too much about those.

Anything else to do with appearance (skin/hair colour/faces/hair do) seems to be locked on creation. So definitely spend 3 hours thinking about those.

Also, you can not assign 100% of your attribute points during creation but I haven't worked out how to assign them later on. Are they just lost or am I missing some interface thing. Maybe when I level up I'll be able to do something with them?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

Vargs posted:

Definitely not a conjurer. All of the specialized wizards are pretty bad choices, but a conjurer misses out on illusion spells which are very important for a melee wizard.

Multiclassing with a martial class seems like a perfectly fine and good idea.

I spent a bunch looking it through, and I'm going with regular wizard + paladin.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!
Is there any kind of option (or Steam launch command) that I'm missing to not mute the audio when I'm in another window? Double monitors and talking to people while I listen to voiced lines just doesn't work without it.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I created a legacy in PoE2 that specifically included Atheist Eder, and when I get into the game he starts the mayor's medallion but when I talk to him insists he went back to Aedyr with his parents.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think that is the atheist line, if you talk to him when night market he talks about working for the night market instead

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

item spoilers
https://imgur.com/a/SaipcRc

found these bad boys after doing the conch shell quest, you find one in the royals home up top, and another one in the city ruins after diving into a pool. put them both in, kill the buglord, and loot these insanely good items as a reward.

that polearm is pretty wtf

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

charms posted:

I created a legacy in PoE2 that specifically included Atheist Eder, and when I get into the game he starts the mayor's medallion but when I talk to him insists he went back to Aedyr with his parents.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think that is the atheist line, if you talk to him when night market he talks about working for the night market instead

Eder living with his parents is "you didn't finish the quest" result, so that's another bug.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gyoru posted:

Also if you've been getting unresponsive mouse clicks], turn off Steam overlay. This was a problem in the backer beta too.

Thank you :worship: This was infuriating and I couldn't figure it out.

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011
Am I doing something wrong or are there not many opportunities to make pals with your companions along the critical path as far as getting Maia and Pallegina? I'd figure I'd have picked up at least a couple of points with Eder or Aloth by then by my companion wheel thing is showing them both at 0 with no progress. Xoti is the only person my Watcher has developed any kind of relationship with.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

charms posted:

Yeah, this happens no matter which choice you make for him.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Too bad the save game is encrypted. If it was just a json or something I could set different values and try that conversation a few times to see if the dialogue is bugged or the importer is setting the wrong global. If the dialogue is bugged at least future conversations will be right.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If we had all just put eder in the blood pool where he belongs, these issues could have been avoided

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Stop making me want to play PoE1 dammit

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

Is there a reliable conditional to set in the AI scripting to just... cast this spell at the beginning of combat? Am I totally glazing over that conditional on the list?

I need to sit down and try to figure that out myself. So far I've just given them the premade profiles but they often don't seem to do poo poo at the start of combat with those like I'd like them to. And they don't always focus fire targets either. My Thaumaturge is doing pretty well so far though. Utility out the rear end with all the spells. Very much akin to a Cleric/Mage from Baldur's Gate in that you get a lot of utility but aren't quite as powerful individually as your single class counterparts. I made a companion Sharpshooter and Rangers definitely still seem pretty good.

I'm impressed by some of the dialogue checks. I don't know if they did this for every race but me being a Godlike has come up quite a lot so far and I'm still in the first areas. Me being an Eothasian has come up a little less often so far. I was slightly disappointed I couldn't bring up to Eothas that I'm one of his priests. Maybe it will come up later. I think there was a dialogue option or two in the initial convo with Xoti though.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Does two handed style affect arquebus damage?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Traxis posted:

I'm not sure. Guns have their own talent (Gunner) which lowers reload times. So maybe not?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Found a pretty major bug in Xoti's personal quest.

If she's trying to send the souls back to the underworld the results for telling her to release them or keep them is reversed. Was pretty confused when I told her to release them and she immediately turned into a serial killer.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So I just got the most amazing bug.

My Watcher turned into Eder in the sea cave at the start. Like their portrait is Eder, they have his barks, they have acquired some of his fighter abilities in addition to their priest and watcher ones and their model has transformed from an Orlan woman into Eder. It's completely broken and persists even after saving, quitting to desktop and reloading.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Traxis posted:

Yes

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Traxis posted:

Those passives work on ranged weapons now. You can check by mousing over your damage range on your character sheet.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

drat im having some real paralysis with classes. thinking me as fighter devoted/wizard with eder as singleclass rogue

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
What's the best ranged weapons for a cipher? Thinking of taking an arquebus or a war bow

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

A Sometimes Food posted:

So I just got the most amazing bug.

My Watcher turned into Eder in the sea cave at the start. Like their portrait is Eder, they have his barks, they have acquired some of his fighter abilities in addition to their priest and watcher ones and their model has transformed from an Orlan woman into Eder. It's completely broken and persists even after saving, quitting to desktop and reloading.

Hi this is the PoE 1 sequel I didn't know I needed

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is cool and good.

Also the rockpapershotgun review is incredibly poorly written, actual content/sentiment aside.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Milli posted:

Hi this is the PoE 1 sequel I didn't know I needed

Right? It's hard to be mad at this

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Knew this from watching one of the Twitch streams, but it's different actually playing around in the Lost City because holy poo poo this game is so pretty. Sound, writing, gameplay, atmosphere, all aces. Also, pirates everywhere, and the reunions have been rather good. This is absolutely what I'd hoped for.

isk fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Right? It's hard to be mad at this

Double the Eder eh.

e: you need to romance eder as eder. you know this right. you have a duty to this thread now.