Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I finished my last college course today so now I get to enjoy doing nothing but playing games of drawing, mixed with the cerushing depression that stems from being a useless piece of poo poo that can't land a job.

What did you study?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I just finished a second playthrough of it with a different buddy than the first time, still loved it all the same, so I just want to remind everyone that A Way Out is an incredibly good game, brought to you by the gently caress THE OSCARS! man.

(They also did Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons which was very nice as well)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

This is v cute

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I wish someone who knew what they were doing would make a Star Traders: Frontiers thread because the game seems like it would be amazing if I had any idea what I was doing. All the steam guides seem to assume you've been playing early access for a year.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

gravity rush is fun but by golly its really annoying to do gravity kicks on the tougher monsters and bosses, especially when you target a weakpoint and slip right off it and careen into the sky

And they somehow made it worse in the sequel

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The visuals and movement in Gravity Rush always look so exhilarating that it's disheartening to read all posts about how they couldn't figure out a way to make it fun.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It is fun, but its stretched too thin imo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

The visuals and movement in Gravity Rush always look so exhilarating that it's disheartening to read all posts about how they couldn't figure out a way to make it fun.

The parts I'd Gravity Rush 1 and 2 where your just loving around looking for collectables are fantastic. The parts where it had actual story missions (particularly in 2) are not good. Honestly 1 isn't THAT bad about it. I think because it was built around bad motion controls, there is more leeway built in and playing the PS4 version feels about right. In 2 they built it thinking that they could require better precision and they were very very wrong

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

some pictures of poe2

I go through the tutorial part of PoE2 last night, that was all I had time for, but the game is beautiful and the gameworld is really unique and interesting right now. I can't wait to have time to play more.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

And they somehow made it worse in the sequel

Oh god they really did

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I really enjoyed Icewind Dale/PS:T/Baldur's Gate when I was younger but I've had a really really hard time getting more than 2-3 hours into Tyranny or Pillars of Eternity 1

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
PUBG is Mario, Fortnite is Sonic, Radical Heights is Bubsy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fortnite is the popular one, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They could have stopped this article at "Florida."

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Please tell me people actually say the acronym like "pub-guh"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I just come up with increasingly overwrought ways to spell or say it's dumb shorthand.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's better than people trying to make PlUnkBat a thing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's better than people trying to make PlUnkBat a thing

PlUnBaGr

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

lmfao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm mad at Dark Souls 2 because I hate Smelter Demon, or at least the run to him, so much.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Andrew Stabbing David is my new band name

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Florida Man strikes again!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm mad at Dark Souls 2 because I hate Smelter Demon, or at least the run to him, so much.

Just ignore everything else, maybe bring a friend.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So the tagline for Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 is "The Power Of Football" :thunk:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I summoned last time so I want to beat him solo. Ignoring everything is a good recipe for getting five swords in the back at the fog door :(

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[darius voice] Florida Man is just a creation of the state government to keep people who aren't white and right from living in or registering to vote in Florida

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

To complete its status as dad game.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/994217704440651776

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I summoned last time so I want to beat him solo. Ignoring everything is a good recipe for getting five swords in the back at the fog door :(

I think that's the only boss in the whole series where I couldn't just run to him without getting ganked by those loving knights.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kratos is Teal'c? I don't know how I never noticed that before.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I think that's the only boss in the whole series where I couldn't just run to him without getting ganked by those loving knights.

Especially in SotFS because it seemed like their aggro range was the entirety of the keep.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does smelter's arena still have a million ways to clip into the wall so you get stuck and have no choice but to just die?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

Please tell me people actually say the acronym like "pub-guh"

The kids at my job say "pub-gee"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Kratos is Teal'c? I don't know how I never noticed that before.

They even have Kratos say "Indeed" at one point

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Kratos hasn't been Teal'c until this game, it was someone else in the original series.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i say pub-guh

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Cool people say "battlegrounds"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age