Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Misread the room" will be the slogan for the inevitable Death of Lucha Underground book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Everything Cubsfan points out is 100% correct. Plus, the fact that it’s not like dirt sheets can ever spoil the recorded story segments which are as much a reason to watch as anything else (its easier now to find good wrestling via streams, but it’s hard to find this kind of wonderful Mortal Kombat style nonsense).

Somebody putting together dots based on social media is hardly a lawsuit that stands up in court, and most dirt sheet reports are hardly play-by-play of matches. And again, LU spoilers miss all of the storyline details by the nature of LU’s production.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I get it, in sort of a roundabout way. The C&D is silly because the guy's just publishing news. But if they're making the audience sign NDAs and people violate those, they should at least have the right to subpoena the journalist to tell them who their NDA-breaking source is. Otherwise don't sign a contract.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I get it, in sort of a roundabout way. The C&D is silly because the guy's just publishing news. But if they're making the audience sign NDAs and people violate those, they should at least have the right to subpoena the journalist to tell them who their NDA-breaking source is. Otherwise don't sign a contract.

If you’re a good journalist, you take multiple measures to alleviate this. Multiple sources, vetting of sources, and correct handling of the details, plus understanding if the information is on background or on the record.

And you tell a lawyer to loving pound sand before burning a background/anonymous source, especially for god damned wrestling news. It isn’t exactly Watergate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NDAs aren't real.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

NDAs aren't real.

This is correct NDAs typically don't stand up in court but it takes lots of time and money to go through the process of fighting them so most people don't

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

The only way to get it is if you fall on the cop caller side of the shot caller/cop caller equation. Having an audience sign an NDA for a wrestling show is dumb, suing a journalist when your show is losing this much money is insane.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/976496370914922496

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Alberto protecting his spot like Hogan when he doesn't have a spot to protect

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I can understand not wanting to do the job for a relative unknown with a weird samurai skeleton outfit and a fat gut.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Animal-Mother posted:

I can understand not wanting to do the job for a relative unknown with a weird samurai skeleton outfit and a fat gut.

Enjoy your broken arm :ohdear:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
ADR was red hot at that stage in fairness to him. Check out his debut promo and stuff.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/982444280944799744?s=19

YES :woop:

(e: I hadn't seen the whole poster on my phone... :swoon:)

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 7, 2018

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
Paul Shipper, who did a lot of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movie posters, apparently also worked on that LU poster.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/AngelicoAAA/status/983868061697695745

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jack Evans says he is gone too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is PJB still on the mend from his accident? If so, that and Evans leaving pretty much guts WWU. A Mundo/Taya/Ricky trios could be fun though.

They're really leaning into the Mortal Kombat-ness of LU with that poster.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sticklefifer posted:

Is PJB still on the mend from his accident?

He's at least set to show up for King of Trios in a few months, alongside Darren Young and me, Michael Tarver.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

me, Michael Tarver.

I will never not laugh at this reference.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

I will never not laugh at this reference.

Same.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
Season 4 trailer, right here. Seems to be a lot of pounding and laughing this season:

https://youtu.be/WFSai18nSHU

And, here’s a profile on what to expect from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/23444428/lucha-underground-returns-fourth-season-embraces-challenge-moving-two-departing-stars

AKA Driver fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 9, 2018

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Oh man I love Old Man Dario. And hey, I guess I'm glad Jack Swagger is getting work.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
is Tommy Dreamer still good? dude was loving amazing in ECW and if he's still got it, this should be pretty great

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Noooooooope.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I mean he's almost as good as he was at his peak which is pretty bad.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Who's the guy sitting on the throne?

Also, I'm very intrigued now to see what is going on with the Rabbit tribe.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

is Tommy Dreamer still good? dude was loving amazing in ECW and if he's still got it, this should be pretty great

Hes an allegory for lucha underground

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Uh, at 2:05, are we seeing the aftermath of Marty pushing Melissa out a window?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Just a reminder, the show comes back tonight. Anyone want to start a new thread?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The trailer was very good, but man I remember when this show used to be the one I was most excited for every week :smith:

Short of all the other bad decisions they made, I still think the out-of-nowhere break in season 3 did the most damage for me personally.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Short of all the other bad decisions they made, I still think the out-of-nowhere break in season 3 did the most damage for me personally.

Yup. LU was just about appointment television for me and my daughter, but we never picked it back up after that. We weren't mad, we just... didn't.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Agreed, but knowing that it's going to be a focused season is helping me get hyped. I mean, Cuerno has the Gauntlet...

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Oh poo poo, kicking it off with a bang tonight! (No story or results spoilers, just a match that's set for the season premiere).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope Dario is okay :(

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Benne posted:

I hope Dario is okay :(

Or not, so that he comes back stronger...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I made a new thread, go post in there https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860010

• Locked thread