Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

an actual dog posted:

lol the game awards still suck, they were just too boring to mock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M57mTHyjd2E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DLC Inc posted:

Randy Pitchford sweating and smiling nervously as he announced Borderlands 3 at a small event years back was funny as gently caress, it was not long after Battleborne completely poo poo itself

Borderlands 3 is just gonna be Destiny 2 with RNG guns and more outdated memes.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mordja posted:

Borderlands 3 is just gonna be Destiny 2 with RNG guns and more outdated memes.

Borderlands 3 will be rebranded as The Emoji Shooter.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

All I want is Cyberpunk 2077. Please CD Projekt make my dreams come true.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Raged posted:

You're probably getting it so congrats!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I hope Square Enix shows off something about TWEWY for the Switch. We've been left hanging for 6 years!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Raged posted:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Raged posted:

Too bad release is still likely to be spring 2020 at the earliest. Wasn't the original RPG called Cyberpunk 2020? Hmm, portentous.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Murgos posted:

Too bad release is still likely to be spring 2020 at the earliest. Wasn't the original RPG called Cyberpunk 2020? Hmm, portentous.

You know, I think it was 2013 originally, the first update went to 2020.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
In E3 news Square Enix is going to be having a press conference this year on the 11th at 10am PT. Expect Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest XI and the multitudes of dlc for FF XV, don’t expect FF XVI and FF VII until 2030.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

mikemil828 posted:

In E3 news Square Enix is going to be having a press conference this year on the 11th at 10am PT. Expect Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest XI and the multitudes of dlc for FF XV, don’t expect FF XVI and FF VII until 2030.

Well Square have had press conferences in the past but they do all their big announcement on other people's stage. We might see some sort of Orchestra or maybe more gameplay footage.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm hella excited for Life is Strange 2!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ulio posted:

Well Square have had press conferences in the past but they do all their big announcement on other people's stage. We might see some sort of Orchestra or maybe more gameplay footage.

"we now have renders of Airbuster!"

But what about the areas leading up that boss?

"it's a pretty sweet render of Airbuster, right?!"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Older video but this game should be at E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEgeZrOOHM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:wtc:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't wait for Wolfenstein meets Nier Automata

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

DLC Inc posted:

can't wait for Wolfenstein meets Nier Automata

it can't be wolfenstien, it's soviet, not nazi.

clearly it is yuris revenge 2: transhuman boogaloo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Speaking of interesting FPSes, I hope we hear more about Witchfire at this year's E3

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the Orb of Zot posted:

Every year it feels like E3 is less and less relevant, and my biggest surprise is that Nintendo of all companies was the first one to realize they could just announce stuff when they felt like it via streaming. My second biggest surprise is that Sony + Microsoft haven't followed their lead and abandoned this increasingly obsolete garbage pile of hype and false dreams.

Why does it continue to live?

Sony has their own show, and they strategically use E3, TGS, GDC, PSX, etc to announce and build hype for things all year long. E3 is less and less relevant with respect to the industry just being too huge to house under one roof anymore, but it's still a big, dumb, embarrassing hype factory that generates talking points for the entire year. Sony and Nintendo at least know how to leverage that, not sure about Microsoft or the PC market though.

Still, it ebbs and flows with the console hardware cycles. People said E3 was dead when all they had to talk about was PS Move and Kinnect, but the first PS4 conference was some real deal poo poo.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
E3 is irrelevant for it's intended purpose as a place for the industry to meet with the vendors, preview the wares and make stocking and sales arrangements for the next year.

However, the time period is when all the major players have decided to focus their announcement efforts so the week of E3 is still a relevant date in gaming even if the show floor is mostly pointless.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

In the spirit of keeping my expectations low I'm gonna remind myself that there is an RPG single player coming to gwent right ?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

I can’t wait for EA to apologise for battlefront bullshit then in the same breath tell us about the exciting micro transactions in the final nail in the Bioware coffin, Anthem.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
A bit early, but E3-ish nonetheless.

Starbreeze is having a showcase of what they are publishing tomorrow. May 10. Way to slip up on E3 stuff thread. I thought I could count on you.

quote:

Starting 9am PST / 12pm EST / 6pm CEST, the segments will include features and titles such as:

OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead
Psychonauts 2
System Shock 3
Exclusive PAYDAY 2 announcement
“A Veterans of the Industry” panel featuring Warren Spector, Tim Shafer and Bo Andersson.
RAID: World War II
Deliver Us The Moon
Trailers and unveils
Community interaction and giveaways and more

Players around the world can tune in to the Starbreeze Twitch Stream on May 10: https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze to follow the event.

SYSTEM SHOCK 3 sounds nice. Maybe they will have something to show now since they were just in pre-production last year apparently.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64/status/994219391997755392

If this leak is legit, we're getting Rage 2 and I'm happy about that, garbage ending from 1 aside.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

there's no loving way we're getting rage 2 lmao

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah that leak is fake as hell

which is a shame, I would kill for Just Cause 4.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Where’s forza horizon 4?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
4za 4rizon

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MS calling the fourth Forza Horizon 5 is the most legit thing about this leak imho.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Babe Magnet posted:

that leak is fake as hell

:same: and :same:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

MS calling the fourth Forza Horizon 5 is the most legit thing about this leak imho.

Windows 10, Xbox One. Ya MS's naming convention isn't really normal...

Babe Magnet posted:

Avalanche Studio is probably up for something soonish. If it is not Just Cause 4 we might see something from them at the Square conference.

Btw was Mad Max any good? All I heard about JC3 was that it isn't as good as 2.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Babe Magnet posted:

some eurogamer dude said some are real, other arnt. my guess is rear end creed and splinter cell are real.

Ulio posted:

Avalanche Studio is probably up for something soonish. If it is not Just Cause 4 we might see something from them at the Square conference.

mad max is pretty good. hits the feel great, has some issues though. just take your time with it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

2 Rage 2 Furious

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
https://twitter.com/RAGEgame/status/994281030667440148?s=19

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/994281520981577730

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

It started very hot and faded rather quickly.

It’s still Pulling in almost a million a day in sales. I know someone who drops $200 a month on it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I didn't care about RAGE 2 initially but that is a loving hilarious way to deal with a potential leak

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LionArcher posted:

It’s still Pulling in almost a million a day in sales. I know someone who drops $200 a month on it.

I mean, nobody's talking about it, mobile is a cesspool of poo poo like this though

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Rage was one third of an amazing game with one third of a terrible game attached to it. The other third doesn't exist. I will def play a sequel but I'm sad it probably means no new DOOM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ulio posted:

Mad Max was really good until you beat the game and there's nothing to use all your cool new toys on because you can't reset outposts or convoys :(

• Locked thread