Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bethesda is doing weird twitter things now so that's just the social media people playing around. If anything it makes it clear that there's definitely not a Rage 2 in development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LMAO

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

an actual dog posted:

Bethesda is doing weird twitter things now so that's just the social media people playing around. If anything it makes it clear that there's definitely not a Rage 2 in development.
There's definitely a RAGE 2 in development and it's going to be just as mediocre

unless it's Arkane this time

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol what makes you so sure?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How long will Arkane be a going concern considering how poorly their last two games have sold (at least compared to Bethesda proper)

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Bethesda hasn’t really had a decent-selling game since Fallout 4, have they? If they’re not as awful as they probably are, they might understand that the reason their games aren’t selling is because they’re a bad publisher.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How long will Arkane be a going concern considering how poorly their last two games have sold (at least compared to Bethesda proper)

they seem to be doing well

https://twitter.com/ArkaneStudios/status/974344487089602560

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Evil Within 2 launched weirdly quietly, like I didn't realize that the game came out until a few weeks afterwards. Wolfenstein I knew came out but I don't think it was all that big a hit.

What I'm saying is I don't think Arkane is Bethesda's weak link lol

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

an actual dog posted:

Evil Within 2 launched weirdly quietly, like I didn't realize that the game came out until a few weeks afterwards. Wolfenstein I knew came out but I don't think it was all that big a hit.

What I'm saying is I don't think Arkane is Bethesda's weak link lol

I didn't know either, although it looks pretty good. I watched one of the YouTube schmucks play the first bit of it and I was intrigued, even though the writing/dialogue was laughably bad.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The first Evil Within is a game that was overlooked cause it runs like poo poo on a PS4 and likes to throw a lot of really disorienting stuff at the player, but it's also really interesting and memorable. 2 fixes all the problems but it's also just kinda bland, which is sad. It's definitely like, pretty good tho.

I recommend buying the first one for PC, cause while it still has issues (textures not being in place when you move the camera is the big one) it's playable and you can see the cool poo poo Shinji Mikami was going for.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Oh, and the dialog in both is very Japanese horror game and I love that. The only difference between em writing wise is that 2 overexplains itself, I think they got feedback that no one could follow the intentionally disorienting stuff in the first game but they went way too far.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Evil Within was brought to my attention when someone was doing an LP of it. The first one is pretty cheap and goes on sale fairly often.
Like an actual dog, I also didn't know the second one was ever released until well after the fact, let alone on the PC and not just consoles.

I immensely enjoyed both games. The first had a better atmosphere, and the second polishes the gameplay. I can't recommend the games enough if you liked any third person over the shoulder shooters that have come out since RE4.

I haven't played the first in a few months, but I've had no issues with both games at all on my PC.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm slowly convincing myself that RAGE 2 is real

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

There's definitely a RAGE 2 in development and it's going to be just as mediocre

unless it's Arkane this time

I trust in Arkane to ruin the only good thing about Rage: the shooting

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

an actual dog posted:

lol what makes you so sure?
Besides the tweets, Bethesda's offerings for FY2018 would be pretty lean without it. TES6 won't launch until late 2019 at the earliest if not 2020. Wolf2 and TEW2 were just last year. Too early for Dishonored 3. No Fallout this year certainly. But they still are having an E3 conference, so they would have..

Starfield (whatever it is)
Possible standalone expansions for Wolfenstein 2 and Prey (except neither sold well....)
DOOM 2 maaaaaybe?
Elder Scrolls Online

They'd have to have at least one more game or it'll be a pretty short conference and a lot more of post-interview turkey-leg guy shenanigans

They're also running out of old games to re-re-re-re-re-release or put in VR

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Doom 2's been teased so hard at this point that it seems inevitable and IIRC they have teased a Prey expansion. I'm still not convinced Starfield exists though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think Bethesda trademarked Starfield so it's real, it's just no one knows if it's "elder scrolls in space", or an MMO, or a mobile game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Personally I'm hoping for a licensed Garfield game in space

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It could be something that isn't a sequel. That's always an option.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's probably RAGE 2

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't decide of Rage 2 or Assassin's Creed: Remastered is more lol worthy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

an actual dog posted:

The first Evil Within is a game that was overlooked cause it runs like poo poo on a PS4 and likes to throw a lot of really disorienting stuff at the player, but it's also really interesting and memorable. 2 fixes all the problems but it's also just kinda bland, which is sad. It's definitely like, pretty good tho.

I recommend buying the first one for PC, cause while it still has issues (textures not being in place when you move the camera is the big one) it's playable and you can see the cool poo poo Shinji Mikami was going for.

EW1 had nothing memorable about it besides how slipshod it was. EW2 had better pacing, gameplay, and environments (especially environments, since it actually tried to do something with the whole "brainscape" idea besides using it as an excuse to shove in a ton of disparate art assets).

At this point playing the first one is only recommended to see what a huge improvement the second was over it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I tried to love EW1, I really did. It has so many neat ideas and the set pieces can be really fun but the pacing is so poo poo and it has so many one-shot kill bosses and chase sequences that I lost my mind trying to play it. I got as far as that weird parking garage boss fight, beat it, then just stopped and never touched it again.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Besides the tweets, Bethesda's offerings for FY2018 would be pretty lean without it. TES6 won't launch until late 2019 at the earliest if not 2020. Wolf2 and TEW2 were just last year. Too early for Dishonored 3. No Fallout this year certainly. But they still are having an E3 conference, so they would have..

Possible standalone expansions for Wolfenstein 2 and Prey (except neither sold well....)
DOOM 2 maaaaaybe?
Elder Scrolls Online

They'd have to have at least one more game or it'll be a pretty short conference and a lot more of post-interview turkey-leg guy shenanigans

There's Quake Champions as well.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Personally I think the Bethesda conference is going to be solely dedicated to convincing us that paid mods are good and cool and we should totally bring them back, right guys?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Timeless Appeal posted:

There's Quake Champions as well.
That didn't shut down yet?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Bethesda is going to announce new vegas 2

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

That didn't shut down yet?
I guess not? To be fair I had no idea it had released in early access last year.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Broose posted:

A bit early, but E3-ish nonetheless.

Starbreeze is having a showcase of what they are publishing tomorrow. May 10. Way to slip up on E3 stuff thread. I thought I could count on you.

SYSTEM SHOCK 3 sounds nice. Maybe they will have something to show now since they were just in pre-production last year apparently.

You might have wanted to check the year on that article.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

DOOM 2 maaaaaybe?
Elder Scrolls Online

They can put the original DOOM and DOOM 2 in VR. They should do that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

They can put the original DOOM and DOOM 2 in VR. They should do that.

With how fast DOOMguy moves in those games? Yes, they should.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/PackBenPack/status/994677922874122242?s=19

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

check a look

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/user/status/994638205109522433

Same shade of pink as used by the official Rage account yesterday. 🤔

Clock is pointing to 5:14. Reveal in four days?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Bethesda is going to announce new vegas 2

After they fell over themselves to kill New Vegas at every opportunity during development and post launch, I kinda doubt it :v:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

All the Bethesda extension studio games may be commercially low-selling but they're very well liked and Papa Howard's games pretty much keep the entire company afloat. Thus far Zenimax has yet to pull an EA and shut down creative studios for not selling 10mil copies of a game

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
what’s this about tenchu

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SquirrelGrip posted:

what’s this about tenchu

People think Shadows Die Twice is a new Tenchu game, instead of what it really is, From Software rebooting Shadow Man

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I would love a new Tenchu game. Also, I would love a Tenchu game made by Miyazaki.

That being said, I haven't for a second been convinced that's what they are making.

Gimme the fuckin reveal, E3. Give it to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Barudak posted:

People think Shadows Die Twice is a new Tenchu game, instead of what it really is, From Software rebooting Shadow Man

Goddamn you for making me realize I want this

• Locked thread