Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Say "Player Unknowns' Battlegrounds" everytime

e: eesh, whatta snipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0Z_vGq2mg

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I prefer Fortnite, please stab me. :ese:

I play it at least once a week or so and just for about an hour or two.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I played some more Fortnite with goons and it was a lot more fun than playing with strangers. Very helpful and friendly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup peeps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fun reveal from PS4 hackers: the PaRappa the Rapper and Patapon "Remasters" are the PSP versions running in an emulator that's just applying upscaling and texture swaps on the fly. They swapped out the game files and now there's a fully functioning PSP emulator on PS4.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

oddium posted:

it's just pub g and the people that say plunkbat call football "handegg"

it took me forever to realize when RockPaperShotgun was writing about Plunkbat they meant pubg.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Fun reveal from PS4 hackers: the PaRappa the Rapper and Patapon "Remasters" are the PSP versions running in an emulator that's just applying upscaling and texture swaps on the fly. They swapped out the game files and now there's a fully functioning PSP emulator on PS4.

If Sony wanted to release some PSP games for play on the PS4, say Maverick Hunter X or Metal Gear Ac!d, I'd probably buy them. Seems like it'd be a pretty low effort thing they could do for some easy money!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

lol no wonder parappa still has the game-breaking timing issues

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

If Sony wanted to release some PSP games for play on the PS4, say Maverick Hunter X or Metal Gear Ac!d, I'd probably buy them. Seems like it'd be a pretty low effort thing they could do for some easy money!

THere's probably licensing and stuff involved for releasing anything that isn't a first party game, so dollars-to-donuts the upcoming MediEvil remaster is also just the PSP game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Money Money Money...is all you-Money

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Money Money Money...is all you-Money

Crack crack crack the crack into the crack!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is also cool about Fortnite is that it's one of those rare cross platform games. All players from PC, PS4, Xbox, and mobile play together in the same games.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Scott Forstall posted:

it took me forever to realize when RockPaperShotgun was writing about Plunkbat they meant pubg.

PUBG is a stupid name for a game and the full name is even worse

wtf is a plunkbat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

suuma posted:

PUBG is a stupid name for a game and the full name is even worse

wtf is a plunkbat

PLayer UNKown's BATtlegrounds

personally I don't call it anything cause I don't talk about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What is also cool about Fortnite is that it's one of those rare cross platform games. All players from PC, PS4, Xbox, and mobile play together in the same games.

This isn't true right, the consoles don't talk to each other. It's pc/Xbox/mobile and then PS4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Scott Forstall posted:

At some point RPS became bad and so this makes perfect sense

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

At some point RPS became bad and so this makes perfect sense

I blame Horace the Endless Bear.

Some of its features are still good, I check it weekly for the free indie games section and I skim the occasional Flare Path.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

PLayer UNKown's BATtlegrounds

personally I don't call it anything cause I don't talk about it

OK yeah plunkbat might be an even worse name

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

This isn't true right, the consoles don't talk to each other. It's pc/Xbox/mobile and then PS4

I'm assuming there's some kind of atomic bomb level reaction when competing consoles crossplay so it's understandable

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm assuming there's some kind of atomic bomb level reaction when competing consoles crossplay so it's understandable

Epic "accidentally" turned on total cross-play and then turned it off again when players started to notice. I imagine Sony wasn't too happy, but Microsoft didn't seem to care:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/972525473463877633

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Microsoft would probably be doing the same thing as Sony if they were ahead this generation.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Microsoft would probably be doing the same thing as Sony if they were ahead this generation.

I think this legit happened in early/mid PS3/360 era, Sony definitely wanted to try to even things a little and Xbox refused.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can still sign into steam with a PS3 account right.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sometimes I still think about how much MS screwed up pretty much everything related to the XB1 and I'm like "drat." Probably one of the most epic self-owns in gaming history.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why don't people just call it Battlegrounds like with the Civ games?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In Training posted:

You can still sign into steam with a PS3 account right.

I seem to remember there was an option to sign into a Steam account from the Portal 2 on PS3 menu, but I honestly don't know if that option ever worked. Portal 2 I think launched the day before there was the big PSN hack and the online was down for like 6 weeks.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

exquisite tea posted:

Sometimes I still think about how much MS screwed up pretty much everything related to the XB1 and I'm like "drat." Probably one of the most epic self-owns in gaming history.

If the 360 was an inhale then the XBO was an exhale (from a butt because it's a giant fart).

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

Why don't people just call it Battlegrounds like with the Civ games?

“Civ”? You mean SMCZ?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

Whoops, my bad. I had thought that was the case, but it is not so.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like that alongside alienating the vast majority of their us base they also lost the incredibly tiny niche they had in japan and now the xbox one is almost literally a non-presence there

like at the very least they had some of the hardcore shmup crowd last gen, but then CAVE died so well rip

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still like my Xbox One S and use it a lot. I play any free to play games on it, Forza 7, and Netflix.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think even the 360 was close to a pyrric win on account of RROD replacement costs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want an XBOX for the back compat but I'll probably wait another 4 years for 4K TVs to get cheaper

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I bought Kirby's Adventure Wii to play with my son when he's a bit older. Saw its rated 10+ for violence so thought I should check the gameplay to see if it's appropriate, got carried away and now I'm like 45% complete

Having a kid is a cool excuse to play Kirby again :)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Convex posted:

I bought Kirby's Adventure Wii to play with my son when he's a bit older. Saw its rated 10+ for violence so thought I should check the gameplay to see if it's appropriate, got carried away and now I'm like 45% complete

Having a kid is a cool excuse to play Kirby again :)

Pretty sure the E10+ is because you're still attacking enemies with swords and hammers and stuff and making them disappear and be injured.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

I want an XBOX for the back compat but I'll probably wait another 4 years for 4K TVs to get cheaper

This might be a good plan. Get a 4K TV with real good HDR, those TVs currently are quite expensive. Don't make the mistake I made and get a cheap HDR TV. This is what I bought because I didnt know better https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FN2B2N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's a great 4K TV, but the HDR is only 8bit and quite weak overall. You want something with dolby digital HDR.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

univbee posted:

Pretty sure the E10+ is because you're still attacking enemies with swords and hammers and stuff and making them disappear and be injured.

Well I'd better make sure the final boss doesn't have any surprises in store, can never be too careful!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

It's funny to think how badly Sony hosed up the PS3 launch and how they spent the rest of the generation clawing their way back to a level where by the end they had sales coming close to the 360. Meanwhile MS with the XB1 have pretty much done nothing but give people less reasons to buy it as they show less and less interest in people actually owning a xbone over a computer.

It is funny that all this has really caused is for MS to be the only one of the three major consoles to have any sort of meaningful backwards compatibility, with Sony only having crossbuy once in awhile and full priced remasters and Nintendo only having full priced remasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Convex posted:

Well I'd better make sure the final boss doesn't have any surprises in store, can never be too careful!

https://twitter.com/Brenzicure/status/979449178312052736

• Locked thread