Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Renegret posted:

We have a little 1BR apartment and we shop at Costco religiously.

Just need to get a little creative at times, and alternate what we stock up on. Don't buy toilet paper and paper towels at the same time, only buy one thing of meat at a time, etc.

The only reason I want a bigger apartment or a house is so I have room for a second freezer for Costco 😂😂😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Irradiation posted:

Like someone else said it's reflective of where you live. Mine is in an area with a lot of Hispanic farm workers and they are probably half the people I see when I go.

Oh man. Dude.

I am talking about the average core demographics of Costco, not what is personally occurring at your Costco. I am honestly amazed that I need to explain that.

Can I take a wild guess? Gilroy?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
You mad

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Remulak posted:

Aha, biggest problem with Costco is WHERE DO I PUT ALL THIS BULK STUFF? I'm convinced that it can only co-exist near McMansions.

We ran out of space so I just bought a 6' tall or so wire shelving unit at Target and put that in the dining room. Might not be classy having all of that stuff out in the open, but idgaf. With stuff out in the open instead of in a pantry, it's easier to remember that it exists and it all gets eaten before it goes bad. Plus, if anything, I'm just advertising to any visitors that I know a good value when I see it!

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747
costco sells hot dogs. that's solidly proletarian.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

GI_Clutch posted:

We ran out of space so I just bought a 6' tall or so wire shelving unit at Target and put that in the dining room. Might not be classy having all of that stuff out in the open, but idgaf. With stuff out in the open instead of in a pantry, it's easier to remember that it exists and it all gets eaten before it goes bad. Plus, if anything, I'm just advertising to any visitors that I know a good value when I see it!

Apparently bulk purchasing has sign exchange value.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

New Costco going up down the street from me outside Austin TX. Any special sanctification rituals that need to be done?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

Oh man. Dude.

I am talking about the average core demographics of Costco, not what is personally occurring at your Costco. I am honestly amazed that I need to explain that.

Can I take a wild guess? Gilroy?
ok yes i'll agree the average over america demographic for costco shopping is probably solidly middle to upper-middle class with state-variation between 60k (kansas or something) up to 90k for washington/ca shoppers on average

but yes, i shop at the richmond and concord costco. mostly richmond one. now also here in california is diff because working-class here is still not-poverty technically compared to rest of the states, but then col eats you up

alll the white bougies will literally go out of the way all to the San ramon because "concord is too ghetto", and that store is probably like 200k median income and white as hell.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Costco is the bosom that feeds all people.

I suckled at the teat earlier today.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ixian posted:

New Costco going up down the street from me outside Austin TX. Any special sanctification rituals that need to be done?

Oh, wow, where is that at?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Pflugerville

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Xaris posted:

ok yes i'll agree the average over america demographic for costco shopping is probably solidly middle to upper-middle class with state-variation between 60k (kansas or something) up to 90k for washington/ca shoppers on average

but yes, i shop at the richmond and concord costco. mostly richmond one. now also here in california is diff because working-class here is still not-poverty technically compared to rest of the states, but then col eats you up

alll the white bougies will literally go out of the way all to the San ramon because "concord is too ghetto", and that store is probably like 200k median income and white as hell.

Oh nice, my gf was in Concord on saturday for a bachelorette party. I'm actually pretty surprised that the Concord costco is like that. We have a friend who moved there and got what seemed like a great price on a house but I haven't seen it in person, so I assumed it was a bit less well off. Or are there just some pricey suburbs nearby?

We live more like south silicon valley (trying to achieve some kind of quasi-anonymity here) and pretty much every Costco skews affluent and Asian. Which is incredible because you can get things like a 20 pack of vermicelli for 8 bucks.

You're pathetic dude. I'm not even sure that I've seen anyone mad in this thread ever.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Taima posted:

We live more like south silicon valley (trying to achieve some kind of quasi-anonymity here) and pretty much every Costco skews affluent and Asian. Which is incredible because you can get things like a 20 pack of vermicelli for 8 bucks.

We used to shop at the Almaden Costco, and I laughed when they announced the one down off Santa Teresa - one Costco five minutes one way, another three minutes the other way - but drat if that hasn't been an all around nicer experience so far.

quote:

You're pathetic dude. I'm not even sure that I've seen anyone mad in this thread ever.

How can anyone get mad with all these great deals??

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Yep. North of Austin proper, slightly south of Round Rock. 3rd Costco in the Austin area.

People are loving pissed about potential traffic increases too, as the roads around it are pretty hosed already and they are basically just adding dedicated turn lanes for the store.

On the plus side, dog and drink(s).

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Here I was thinking Pflugerville was a Lovecraft joke about the quality of the outskirts of Austin.

Sadly, that seems not to be the case.

Even people in silly as hell burb #13.6 deserve the blessing of St. 'Co.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ixian posted:

Yep. North of Austin proper, slightly south of Round Rock. 3rd Costco in the Austin area.

People are loving pissed about potential traffic increases too, as the roads around it are pretty hosed already and they are basically just adding dedicated turn lanes for the store.

On the plus side, dog and drink(s).

People were livid about the new one slated for development near these parts too. Even after Costco (pbu) said they'll foot the bill for widening the two arterials it's built. Piss off NIMBYs. You just moved here too and we all know it because the whole area was farmland three years ago.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Habibi posted:

We used to shop at the Almaden Costco, and I laughed when they announced the one down off Santa Teresa - one Costco five minutes one way, another three minutes the other way - but drat if that hasn't been an all around nicer experience so far.

How can anyone get mad with all these great deals??

pbuc

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I'm MAD:
Mental
About
Dogs

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

They have bigass pineapples for two bucks

My local church does big rear end pineapples for 99c a piece. I stock up and use them all summer. pbuc

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Flaggy posted:

My local church does big rear end pineapples for 99c a piece. I stock up and use them all summer. pbuc

Stupid east coast cost of living :argh:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Taima posted:

Oh nice, my gf was in Concord on saturday for a bachelorette party. I'm actually pretty surprised that the Concord costco is like that. We have a friend who moved there and got what seemed like a great price on a house but I haven't seen it in person, so I assumed it was a bit less well off. Or are there just some pricey suburbs nearby?

Concord is the most populated city in Contra Costa County so there is some variance, but yeah some of it isn't so great. There are some nice homes in Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek which are nearby, and Clayton is just east of it and is a nice area. I haven't noticed the Concord Costco being more "ghetto" or anything though. The Antioch warehouse is really strict about seeing your membership card upon entry so maybe that one is worse?

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 8, 2018

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

RJWaters2 posted:

I'm MAD:
Mental
About
Dogs

:same:, PBUC

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I visited my Co recently and there were 10+ carts littered in the lot, not put in the corrals. How can someone enjoy the true glory of the 'Co and then spit upon their brothers and sisters? Truly, these are trying times.

I did however buy more of those 2-pack Cool 32 shirts, now I am set.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Mo_Steel posted:

I visited my Co recently and there were 10+ carts littered in the lot, not put in the corrals. How can someone enjoy the true glory of the 'Co and then spit upon their brothers and sisters? Truly, these are trying times.

I like to collect those and push them up to the cart corral myself. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling like I'm helping.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

A wonderful sacrament before picking up a second one of their extremely good 40" tower fans for $20. I am prepared for summer, PBUC

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Has anyone bought the solar panels from Costco? I vaguely recall them carrying some a while back and I'm at the point where it's either that or a generator and I want to avoid going generator.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

A wonderful sacrament before picking up a second one of their extremely good 40" tower fans for $20. I am prepared for summer, PBUC

Hell yeah fan bro

Love that fan, I just need to rig the base a little more secure

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

PBUC

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Did you... bake... bratwurst?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Did I stumble into the cursed images thread on accident?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Just :lol: if you don't leave your cart on its side by your parking spot when you're done shopping. I come to Costco for the full service white glove customer experience, not so I can do someone's job for them? Just be thankful that an overturned cart can't roll away.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Huge_Midget posted:

Did you... bake... bratwurst?

No but Costco did, and I assume it’s perfection.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco should sell their foodcourt onion dispensers during summer months. It would be legendary to have one for our families 4th of July BBQ.

Habibi posted:

Just :lol: if you don't leave your cart on its side by your parking spot when you're done shopping. I come to Costco for the full service white glove customer experience, not so I can do someone's job for them? Just be thankful that an overturned cart can't roll away.

MODS?!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
When I’m done with it I always leave my cart so that it obstructs at least two spaces, then carefully remove the wheels from it and hide them throughout the store with a trail of devilishly clever clues hinting at their location.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

when i'm done with mine i wheel it to the sam's club just to show those neanderthals what's what.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I partook on Tuesday after work. What a delight after a hard day!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

13Pandora13 posted:

I partook on Tuesday after work. What a delight after a hard day!

Weekday evenings are awesome. My father just discovered this. I also turned him on to the mozzarella and artichoke chicken sausages!!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

As someone who is now on a Keto diet, Costco’s prices on cheeses and meat are even more appreciated. And I grabbed a hammock of course, and it looks great.

PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

LionArcher posted:

As someone who is now on a Keto diet, Costco’s prices on cheeses and meat are even more appreciated. And I grabbed a hammock of course, and it looks great.

PBUC

Costco seems to be restocking on those great looking and great feeling hammocks if anyone missed out originally, go in peace with Jim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I park next to the cart corral so I can just drop my kid in a cart and not have to carry him to the front of the store.