Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
spender did kinda just get the poo poo kicked out of him a little, after getting the poo poo kicked out of him a lot the night before

also lucifer may very well act as a distraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Maybe so, but Spender’s ability to gently caress things up is unparalleled.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Update!

This comic is good but there is absolutely no way Spender isn’t going to immediately murder Hijack as soon as he’s free

That's my immediate worry too.

Tangent, after reading this page I had the thought (probably not accurate, but kind of amusing to me at least) that Isabel saying she "wasn't done yet" on the last page was disappointment in not being able to beat up Spender anymore, not Hijack. Since, with Hijack no longer inside Spender and intercepting the punch, she didn't really have any excuse to keep beating him up.

Again, probably not the case, but I find the idea amusing. And/or potentially kind of sad I guess.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
The one consolation re: Spender's revenge is that Spender doesn't know about Hijack, and judging from Jeff's experiences, will be completely disoriented at moving from the teachers' lounge to the floor of a stairwell (also very beat up). Then again, he's been shown to be a bit too hyper vigilant against danger.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, pretty much in that order. "Oh no Spender's going to kill him in the first panel of the next strip isn't he?" to "Wait, he'll probably be too disoriented and/or injured to react before Hijack escapes and won't even remember being possessed," to "He could still murder him immediately on reflex or something, and it'll probably be right as Mina shows up too." I wonder if Lucifer could interfere perhaps.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
big spender

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-270

Hooray!

Alt text: All of you... No, this whole town... definitely has a burn the present for the sake of a brighter future and act surprised when all it holds is ash

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
...again?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that message under the comic is honestly p cute

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

There is no bounds to how much of a gently caress up Spender is. :v:

now I"m just thinking Lucifer did it one time to teach Spender a lesson.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mystic Mongol posted:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-270

Hooray!

Alt text: All of you... No, this whole town... definitely has a burn the present for the sake of a brighter future and act surprised when all it holds is ash
Good to see that Zack recognizes the best dramatic line they've ever written.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-271

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm on mobile, can someone post that beautiful alt text? :allears:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm on mobile, can someone post that beautiful alt text? :allears:

i couldn't afford ed's actor for this one (he has the highest salary) so i used a mannequin instead. thanks for understanding! see you next time!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Julip Pobin

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Yes Isaac, Spender is just going to take that shade Max is casting. Also, I adore Max.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's been so long, did he just throw out some random name or is that actually his name?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

It's been so long, did he just throw out some random name or is that actually his name?

I'm... not sure? I'm leaning towards that being his real name and he's just being weird about it. That's kind of weird though since it was confirmed earlier that his real initials are P.J. and it has nothing to do with the fact that he died in his pajamas. Maybe he's forgetting stuff because the bat chewed on him a little?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

he's probably just panicking because he's a nervous shy boy

also i went back into the archives to try and find the page where he introduces himself and when are max's dad and spender going to meet

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
He's starstruck that someone both noticed and complemented him, so he's getting anxious and fumbling his words.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
good work, spender

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Patware posted:

he's probably just panicking because he's a nervous shy boy

also i went back into the archives to try and find the page where he introduces himself and when are max's dad and spender going to meet

Here you go:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-2-page-2

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
He's nervous and his real name is Pulip Jobin

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Patware posted:

when are max's dad and spender going to meet

Right here.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Alopex posted:

He's nervous and his real name is Pulip Jobin
"Oh he probably spoonerized himself and reversed the first letters of his name. .... Mmmm I hope not"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i need MORE

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So Zack put up a link to a 52 page comic he made. You can download it for free, but you can also kick him money for it, if you want to. I'm about to grab it, so I can't comment on the content.

EDIT: I clicked "read", and the new tab took forever and did nothing, so I'm downloading it now.

EDIT2: I read it. It's good.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 11, 2018

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

neogeo0823 posted:

So Zack put up a link to a 52 page comic he made. You can download it for free, but you can also kick him money for it, if you want to. I'm about to grab it, so I can't comment on the content.

EDIT: I clicked "read", and the new tab took forever and did nothing, so I'm downloading it now.

EDIT2: I read it. It's good.

Them, not him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Zack's non-binary? When did they reveal that?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Who What Now posted:

Zack's non-binary? When did they reveal that?

Can't remember when the newspost on the comic site proper was, but I definitely remember there was one.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think there was a quiet round of "well, that makes sense" in the thread at the time

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't think it really got much discussion here because it's still a thread on Something Awful and there's even odds that it'd go over badly

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Poltergrift posted:

Them, not him.

:doh: My bad. I forgot about it till you mentioned it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

flatluigi posted:

I don't think it really got much discussion here because it's still a thread on Something Awful and there's even odds that it'd go over badly
I remember specifically commenting that the thread was being surprisingly decent about it.

Edit:

PMush Perfect posted:

Can I also just say that I'm so proud of y'all for respecting their pronouns? :3:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
id remember if itd been bad, mostly because i would have metamorphosed into a massive rear end in a top hat at whoever acted like a prick basically instantaneously lmao

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-272

You're so bad at this Spender. You've only been back in control for like, 5 minutes!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he's a dum dum but i believe in him

i just don't believe in him very hard

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i love my incredibly dense gay son and hope he eventually gets a nice long break from thinking hes the only person who can save an entire community from some horrifying fate

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
To be fair he's currently very confused about everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kyte posted:

To be fair he's currently very confused about everything.

What do you mean currently?