Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Allison posted a twitter thread with a lot of positive things to say about a lot of internet personalities;
https://twitter.com/Obscurus_Lupa/status/994087591300431872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

yea his grilling thing made me kinda roll my eyes with how #ad it was but that was a lovely video for a delicious topic.

Haha, yeah that was definitely one of the #addest videos I've seen. It was amusing in an incredibly corny way lol

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Naomi Watts??? What about Dean Norris, I swear the man is cursed to forever star in bad shows and movies.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

RCR has a pretty cool review of a New Zealand vehicle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtQsbd2zB9E

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cat doter posted:

even if you ignore the neighbour killing plot, the politics of the first half, the way the mother is depicted and the way henry behaves is fairly misogynistic, someone mentioned that the writer of book of henry is best friends with jordan peterson and I gotta tell ya, everything locked into place for me after hearing that

stop playing video games, janice

Yeah, being somewhat familiar with the movie and how they talked about it afterwards, that makes more sense than just being an anecdote I had no context with besides 'Oh, okay. That guy sucks too.'

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Allison posted a twitter thread with a lot of positive things to say about a lot of internet personalities;
https://twitter.com/Obscurus_Lupa/status/994087591300431872

I had no idea Matt Caracappa was still out there and active. I used to read X-Entertainment probably every day circa 2001-05. That's great!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Digging into dinosaur factoids also brings up some incidental stuff that's really cool. Like grass. Apparently grass is way older than scientists first thought, with it now being confirmed present in the Cretacious period and they;re now suggesting it could have developed even earlier.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Arcsquad12 posted:

Digging into dinosaur factoids also brings up some incidental stuff that's really cool. Like grass. Apparently grass is way older than scientists first thought, with it now being confirmed present in the Cretacious period and they;re now suggesting it could have developed even earlier.

That's pretty neat. Most conversations and thoughts I have on the ancient world is about weather and fauna, not so much the flora.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Haha holy poo poo remember Disney's CGI Dinosaur movie? Apparently that was originally going to be a Paul Verhoeven/Phil Tippett venture with Go-Motion.

That honestly would have been amazing to see.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Haha holy poo poo remember Disney's CGI Dinosaur movie? Apparently that was originally going to be a Paul Verhoeven/Phil Tippett venture with Go-Motion.

That honestly would have been amazing to see.

Can't wait till Expedition Theme Park cover the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom. I am curious to see how much Eisner fuckery went into it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It looks like a super intense ride, just with some minor minor minor stuff added to it. It had like nothing to do with the film outside of the carnosaur and maybe the main iguanodon.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Even as a cat Jack has bad video game opinions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtr9_BD7UZo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

does he say cutscenes are bad cuz they are.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Does that mean he liked it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

does he say cutscenes are bad cuz they are.

Cut scenes are the only good parts of video games.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Does that mean he liked it?

No, he didn't like it for dumb reasons as always.Rich liked it a lot,on the other hand.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

Cut scenes are the only good parts of video games.

this is like saying text crawls are the only good parts of movies.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

No, he didn't like it for dumb reasons as always.Rich liked it a lot,on the other hand.

I guess I can't fault him for getting there in the end, regardless of the reasons, that's better than I can say for actual salaried games writers.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

there is a rad 4-part pbs documentary from the early 90's called the dinosaurs! that may be relevant to your interests. my dad recorded it on vhs and i watched it so much as a kid that i wore the tapes out. i love documentaries like this that are outdated in some of the info they include since i love seeing scientific understanding advance through time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5cXQj80PxM

Oh wow, I've been humming the music bit at 1:00 off and on for years and completely forgotten the source, thank you

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

you mean it would be correct?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

I’m saying movies are superior.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've seen the prequels and Rogue One, so yes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

I’m saying movies are superior.

they are but i'd rather play a bad game than play a bad game punctuated by bad movies.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
i like bad games and bad movies

give me all the trash

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Thread favourite Moviebob is changing up his plans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2aE31FS42A

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

I've seen the prequels and Rogue One, so yes.

Joke's on you, there's no text crawl in Rogue One! :v:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You are correct.

There are no good parts of that movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

they are but i'd rather play a bad game than play a bad game punctuated by bad movies.

I’m just saying stuff to make gamers mad. I don’t really care either way tbh. I’ve been enjoying fortnite’s gameplay and if there’s a story mode I do not care to play it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Joke's on you, there's no text crawl in Rogue One! :v:

There's one at the end though.

E: also the ethos of "what if we made the whole game out of cutscene" gave us the masterpieces of Metal Gear Solid, Yakuza, and Contradiction, so maybe there's something there

I Before E fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 10, 2018

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Some light fare from me today, a blind review of the first volume of the Cardcaptor Sakura manga. I probably got all the Japanese words wrong.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VolticSurge posted:

i get where he is coming from sorta. but that one move just shows he is a moron and i liked rich calling him out on it.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
The problem with Jack is that his ideas would amount to some really bad feature creep to cover some small things that aren't terribly noteworthy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Thread favourite Moviebob is changing up his plans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2aE31FS42A

movie blob

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

summary for those of us who can't stand his stupid smug voice?

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Dabir posted:

:words:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

He's not going to do his "In Bob We Trust" show weekly anymore so he can put more effort into other projects.

He of course, takes ten minutes to explain this.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

It is because I do not, personally, trust in Bob

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I get kinda self-conscious about posting certain folk in this thread even when they're doing innocuous things because I fear accidentally creating another shitstorm.

Then people post MovieBob and no-one really cares soooo maybe I shouldn't.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Person posts Moviebob in a "Look at this idiot" framing: Responses pointed back that way are insulting bob

There might've been another reason for previous shitstorms. :thunk:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Person posts Moviebob in a "Look at this idiot" framing: Responses pointed back that way are insulting bob

There might've been another reason for previous shitstorms. :thunk:

That's not really always the case but never mind