Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wandle Cax posted:

Yay it's renewed for season 6!

gently caress YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zeal posted:

i wonder what the big terrible crisis of season 6 will be

my money's on zombies

Placing my bet on alternate timeline Clarke

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Placing my bet on alternate timeline Clarke

Makes sense. The only way to defeat the greatest threat Earth has ever known is with itself.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So if this season is anything like the last few, then what will happen is the Juancru will fight the Prisoners, and Clarke will come and Commander of Death all over the place. By the end the Prisoners will all be dead, or they'll team up. And maybe Juancru and Clarke will go out in space to the asteroid penal colony to fight the Even Bigger Enemy of the Prisoners.

So what I'm saying is Season 6 will be Clarke in space, killing the universe.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I hope they'll find a way to integrate the prisoner characters into the long term arc of the show, rather than just neutralise them.

I wonder if the show ends with the cast jumping in some cryopods and waiting for the world to get better again. Because holy poo poo one valley is not going to support 130 odd people, nevermind the prisoners. ...which I guess is where this season is going.

As much as it'd be nice for the show to have a happy ending, I'd be perfectly happy if the show ended with everyone dead. I don't think television's ever done that before.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I hope they'll find a way to integrate the prisoner characters into the long term arc of the show, rather than just neutralise them.

I wonder if the show ends with the cast jumping in some cryopods and waiting for the world to get better again. Because holy poo poo one valley is not going to support 130 odd people, nevermind the prisoners. ...which I guess is where this season is going.

As much as it'd be nice for the show to have a happy ending, I'd be perfectly happy if the show ended with everyone dead. I don't think television's ever done that before.

They all jump in cryopods which all malfunction except for one. Everyone dies except for a lone survivor.

5000 years pass and an alien ship lands on Earth, they find the lone pod and an alien hand wipes the ice away to reveal Clarke's face...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm liking prison miner crew and their leader. Gonna be a real shame when lady Colonel dies.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

"283 lives, she must be pretty important to you"

Clarke: "lol scrub"

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I can't wait to see what kind of improvised orbital bombardment weapon Raven will come up with on the mining ship.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I like how everyone was in agreement that Clarke would have killed everyone on the ship without a second doubt given the chance.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I miss Clarke's dreadlocks

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hell, same

Also show's real good!!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to Raven fight.

She's got skills, her boyfriend is kickboxer and she trains in it too.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope her training on the ship with Echo means she's going to kick rear end this year. Or was it Amori? Either way baller.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Open Source Idiom posted:

This is entirely too hopeful for this show. You know very well that Clarke cannot find peace as long as other humans are left alive. She will murder each and everyone of them by pressing a button and not giving a single gently caress until after they're all dead.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

New characters are only introduced to this show with one purpose in mind, adding to Clarke's kill-count.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I really like this show. It's hard to articulate why, but I guess it gets what it sets out to do exactly right and most characters are great. And the grounder language is awesome.

Anyway, something weird is up with Madi. It's very suspicious that the prisoners found her so quickly while she was hiding in the hole, while the scouts of the Flamekeepers never found her there. And then she tries to shoot the guy, but misses from what must have been a really short distance? I don't buy it. I also think she had something to do with Eden surviving Praimfaya, I have no idea what, but that whole valley makes no sense, as others pointed out. Might be the show asking the viewer to just accept it, but I think there's more to it. also Madi rhymes with Alie

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are you sure that Madi didn’t just deliberately try to lure them into traps one by one to rescue Clark?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are you sure that Madi didn’t just deliberately try to lure them into traps one by one to rescue Clark?

I doubt it.
Madi spent 6 years with Clarke. That's more than enough time for Clarke to explain to her how killing people one by one is an inefficient process and nothing short of immolating entire armies will quench her blood thirst.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
if madi and a mildly dull-edged wanheda caused this much trouble for skaikru2, they have no chance against wonkru

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

zeal posted:

if madi and a mildly dull-edged wanheda caused this much trouble for skaikru2, they have no chance against wonkru

I can't wait to see Wonkru walk out of this bunker with the mentality that anyone who isn't wonkru, is an enemy of wonkru. After 6 years of gladiatoral combat, that lesson has to have stuck.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just realized that I'm an episode behind the rest of you because Europe gets them six days after the US. So I haven't seen episode 3 yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Belamy is clearly still jonesing for Clarke. They're probably gonna bang and his girlfriend is gonna try to murder her.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Martian posted:

I just realized that I'm an episode behind the rest of you because Europe gets them six days after the US. So I haven't seen episode 3 yet.

"It was dreadful" - Marvin

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I have to ask, does Clarke even care to live amongst humans anymore?

These guys show up, and she immediately starts taking them out one by one. She gives no fucks about who they are and why they're here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dalael posted:

These guys show up, and she immediately starts taking them out one by one. She gives no fucks about who they are and why they're here.

IT'S HER HOME. SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO SHARE. :widowsnypa:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

she saw it was a prisoner transport ship through her gun scope and made some assumptions, which ended up being correct. could they have been people other than a bunch of ex prisoners? sure but that wouldn't be as cool for a season plot line

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

she saw it was a prisoner transport ship through her gun scope and made some assumptions, which ended up being correct. could they have been people other than a bunch of ex prisoners? sure but that wouldn't be as cool for a season plot line

You're right, trying to point to Clarke's murderous ways is so season 1 anyway

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dalael posted:

Clarke's grand father was John Rambo. I'm cool with that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dalael posted:

reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kTTUsmM0jg

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
It looks like the next episode is another bunker episode.

I haven't read any of the episode names or anything for the rest of the season, but I'm hoping/thinking that next episode will end with Skaikru 2.0 getting a message through to Wonkru and then hopefully the episode after that will be when the cast reunifies.

I'm still really interesting in seeing how they develop the relationships of the characters now, especially w.r.t. Octavia since she's now spent more of her life with Wonkru than she ever did with Skaikru except for her brother. She never felt like she belonged to Skaikru to begin with, and I wonder if this is going to play into whatever decisions she'll need to make when she gets back on the surface and joins back up with the others.

Dog tax:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I love that every season they find a way to put our heroes in the position of making another "should we kill those hundreds of people or not" decision

And as always, there was absolutely no reason for the prisoner ship folks to not get along with Clarke and the others (the captain seems reasonable enough) but now both sides made things that makes war inevitable

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Crew support dog? :3:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elias_Maluco posted:

I love that every season they find a way to put our heroes in the position of making another "should we kill those hundreds of people or not" decision

And as always, there was absolutely no reason for the prisoner ship folks to not get along with Clarke and the others (the captain seems reasonable enough) but now both sides made things that makes war inevitable

That's the beauty of this show, no matter the cost of lives so far. They are always willing to go to 11 on murder dial.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiddleOne posted:

Crew support dog? :3:

Her instagram is all this dog. I have a feeling it's her dog.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Its always shoot first and ask questions later and always the wrong questions too

edit: like, they could just sit down and Bellamy explains that they just dropped from space, so Clare wanst lying and how about we just go on with our survival instead of keep killing each other for no reason at all, but of course they cant

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 10, 2018

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I never really thought I’d be more excited to watch a show every week on the CW more than an HBO production but here we are. I’m really loving this season so far and hope they keep it up.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

All the scenes are so dark and grimy now. I bet everyone smells terrible.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

screech on the beach posted:

I never really thought I’d be more excited to watch a show every week on the CW more than an HBO production but here we are. I’m really loving this season so far and hope they keep it up.

The 100 is hands down one of two shows I absolutely need to watch night of when they air, and has been for years now. It and The Americans.

oh and Drag Race but that's a given...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

The 100 is hands down one of two shows I absolutely need to watch night of when they air, and has been for years now. It and The Americans.

oh and Drag Race but that's a given...

The 100, The Expanse, Riverdale and the Magicians are the only shows I prefer to watch on release day.

• Locked thread