Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wish somebody would invent a spear so they could like, stand far away and stab all the zombies before going into the pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Yes, they could get some pool nets and sharpen the end, making really long spears. Then when they saw a herd they could all hold them and stand really close together, maybe holding a shield in the other hand while a row of people stabbed with their spears in front of them.

PHALANX OUT!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Generic American posted:

I'm okay with the flashbacks so far, since they're at least doing some clever things with them to offset the fact that we know the stadium settlement fails and Nick, Alicia, Luciana, and Strand survive. Like how they tied it in with John's little quest, and the handling of Nick's death.

Or the fact that they're quite intentionally obscuring Madison's fate- whether she is going to die, got separated from them, or even had a sharp turn to complete her arc. They really seem to be playing up the "join us" angle with the Vultures, and it stuck out to me that Alicia's regret from this episode wasn't framed as "we should've left", but very specifically, "I should've talked my mom into leaving."

The gimmick could easily get old at some point if they pointlessly drag it out, but I'm still on-board. And it's still way better than the abomination that was the "leading walkers out of the quarry" episode from the main show.

Same on all counts

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm not surprised you wrote this OP in the slightest. Still not gonna watch the show though

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
A nice side effect of Nick's unexpected demise was that this week when Alicia and Naomi slid into the Bowl of Z's with no way out my first reaction was, "Now these two are going to be killed off?!"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I wish somebody would invent a spear so they could like, stand far away and stab all the zombies before going into the pool

Or just stood on the pool's edge and knifed them from opposite sides :psyduck:

Like they had Nick whistle when he walked in the library, super cool. But then the duuuuuumb poo poo at the pool?! :cmon:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I can't wait to see how Morgan and Cowboy save the day

Or even better, they watch the two sides fight and just clean up on anyone left standing

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd be down with Strand, Morgan and Cowboy Adventures

newslady can come too if she lives

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

This last episode had some really great wide shots.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I do love that everyone's regret on the swat van is that they wished they had been an rear end in a top hat

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I had a weird dream last night where people were going apeshit over rumors/spoilers about the show’s MSF. Like the rumored ‘iconic’ double death of characters in the baseball stadium, and that the Vultures drove a car with a lion and a tiger in the back through the gates and let them loose.

The ‘iconic’ death was Strand getting chained up and decapitated.

When I woke up, for a few seconds I was thinking ‘drat, everyone in the thread is probably losing their minds over this!’

What have you assholes done to me?!

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

LadyPictureShow posted:

I had a weird dream last night where people were going apeshit over rumors/spoilers about the show’s MSF. Like the rumored ‘iconic’ double death of characters in the baseball stadium, and that the Vultures drove a car with a lion and a tiger in the back through the gates and let them loose.

The ‘iconic’ death was Strand getting chained up and decapitated.

When I woke up, for a few seconds I was thinking ‘drat, everyone in the thread is probably losing their minds over this!’

What have you assholes done to me?!

I don't have dreams related to shows that I'm watching very often, but I remember watching the FTWD pilot a year or so ago and having a weird dream about the zombie apocalypse. I never actually saw any zombies in my dream, but my group did get captured by another group that wanted to kill us for some reason. It was just a few bad apples out of a mostly functional, peaceful group of survivors living in a system of caves. I was being held up by some woman, but I had a box cutter on me and when I got a chance, I slit her throat and ran. The next part of the dream was a blur but it pretty much ended up with my group destroying the whole settlement and setting everything on fire. Turned out, the rest of the settlement didn't even realize what was going on or why we were so pissed off, all they knew was that we ruined their lives.

I swear on my life I had no idea what the characters would be like beyond the pilot episode when I had that dream but it seems pretty spot-on, haha

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
SWAT van is such a terrible idea, that thing gets maybe 20 feet per gallon of diesel fuel

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
She converted it to run on stories

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
https://i.imgur.com/ulOES16.mp4

Another good title card.

And a thing

https://i.imgur.com/ILytxY1.mp4

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 9, 2018

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Oh my God ahahaha!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Dory meets Rick one day. "You seem like you'd been a lovely cop."

brocked posted:

SWAT van is such a terrible idea, that thing gets maybe 20 feet per gallon of diesel fuel

If Mad Max taught us anything, the worse the apocalypse, the more gas that needs to be used in pointless manners

They need to waste more gas by rigging up flame throwers to fire off in the air

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 9, 2018

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

I do love that everyone's regret on the swat van is that they wished they had been an rear end in a top hat

And Al, the reporter, the journalist, the story-recorder, listened to all their tales about what they should have done instead, and didn't ask the most obvious question: "So where is Madison now?"

brocked posted:

There's no shortage of abandoned vehicles with gas in their tanks.

MY problem is this: just last episode (ie a few hours earlier), Al and her gang got caught with "the oldest trick in the book" when they all left the van because there was a seemingly lost/injured woman in the middle of the road.
This episode, with even more people on board they arrived at the spot to bury Nick and again THEY ALL GET OUT OF THE SWAT VAN!

You'd think someone in the group would have noticed the error and come up with a protocol so that at least 1 person remains inside, manning the guns at all times.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

If Mad Max taught us anything, the worse the apocalypse, the more gas that needs to be used in pointless manners

They need to waste more gas by rigging up flame throwers to fire off in the air

Don’t forget using an entire giant fuckoff truck for the sole awesomeness that was a giant multi man drum kit/ Dude on a flamethrower guitar. God, that movie was shiny and chrome.

I’m giving this show another go based solely on your amazing OP. Never made it past ep 1 before. Up to episode 5 now. I’m digging it far more than I thought I would. I like Nick for some reason and hope the last page is wrong about his death as he’s the only Clark I like, stealing a dying guys drugs aside. Seriously brilliant OP.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Von_Doom posted:

Don’t forget using an entire giant fuckoff truck for the sole awesomeness that was a giant multi man drum kit/ Dude on a flamethrower guitar. God, that movie was shiny and chrome.

I’m giving this show another go based solely on your amazing OP. Never made it past ep 1 before. Up to episode 5 now. I’m digging it far more than I thought I would. I like Nick for some reason and hope the last page is wrong about his death as he’s the only Clark I like, stealing a dying guys drugs aside. Seriously brilliant OP.

Season 2 is hit-and-miss, but season 3 is good all the way through. If you feel like you're losing steam in S2 (I honestly liked it despite the flaws. Loved the settings most of all), just keep going.

Nick will continue being the only Clark you like for a while though.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Oh hey, 2m into s8 before the first Inspiring Speech! That's a new record!

e: Oh poo poo, my bad, wrong series! You mean there's a WD where thing happen? Sign me up!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

JossiRossi posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ulOES16.mp4

Another good title card.[/url]

They even used 4:3 aspect ratio for it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/t0nhJkc.gifv

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Binary Logic posted:

A nice side effect of Nick's unexpected demise was that this week when Alicia and Naomi slid into the Bowl of Z's with no way out my first reaction was, "Now these two are going to be killed off?!"

I'll be honest, my thought was this waterslide silliness belongs on Z nation where the writers would really capitalize on the situation. No references to how dangerous those things are? Really?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

lofi posted:

Oh hey, 2m into s8 before the first Inspiring Speech! That's a new record!

e: Oh poo poo, my bad, wrong series! You mean there's a WD where thing happen? Sign me up!

Welcome to the fold, friend. S1 and 2 are kinda uneven, but 3 is where poo poo gets wild!

I think a few of us make comments on the main show, so it’s all good (mostly saying Holy poo poo this is so much better than the main show!)

Also, I hope to Hell they’ve put up that cat poster in the stadium, and Madison ends up stringing up Mel near the poster, or dangling him over the nosebleeds and saying ‘hang in there, baby’ as he strangles or falls.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Welcome to the fold, friend. S1 and 2 are kinda uneven, but 3 is where poo poo gets wild!

I think a few of us make comments on the main show, so it’s all good (mostly saying Holy poo poo this is so much better than the main show!

Semi-live posting. I just finished the season two island people episode and really like this show now. After some Madison spoilers I can both spot and appreciate the road to true super villainy. It was there from almost the beginning. One thing I laughed at was the season hospital scene. Everyone else is involved with the drama with the head nurse. Madison? Pillaging medicine right off the bat. Only interaction with her later? she’s gone. Leave her. Cold. Her own neighbourhood, the army base/hospital, the island family. Three locations face “death by Clark “ and the show just started.

The island ep was good. Really like the boat theme so far. I’ve watched a Fucktonne of Zed movies (mostly old school 70s and 80s - don’t really like this latest gen) and always wanted this kind of setup. The tension with the pursuing boat is also fairly bueno. Looking forward to more. Thanks goons. This scratches the b zombie movie perfectly.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I love that the current season is almost in sync with the current season of The 100 - another morally ambiguous apocalypse show featuring a crazy blonde woman with Clark(e) in her name - since they left off last season with mass destruction and a multi-year timeskip too. I've noticed a couple parallels in the stories, but the characters are handling their situations pretty much the exact opposite of each other.

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 11, 2018

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Remy Marathe posted:

I'll be honest, my thought was this waterslide silliness belongs on Z nation where the writers would really capitalize on the situation. No references to how dangerous those things are? Really?

Z Nation once showed a ball of intertwined zombies roll across the highway like tumbleweed. It was glorious.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Z Nation once showed a ball of intertwined zombies roll across the highway like tumbleweed. It was glorious.

And they've had the cheesewheel show up like three times now? gently caress, that show is great. I gotta get back on the more recent season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Binary Logic posted:

That Zomball has made a few cameos.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I want so bad for there to be a scene this season where they have to use blood-camo, and the OG characters just go about their business casually applying a bit of blood like it's sunscreen, turn around to Morgan who has completely gutted a walker and is wearing its entrails and body parts, and they all just stand there aghast for a second whispering "what the gently caress."

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

And they've had the cheesewheel show up like three times now? gently caress, that show is great. I gotta get back on the more recent season.

The latest season is a little hit and miss but I know a lot of people got angry about it and stopped watching the show altogether.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Last season of Z Nation sucked but was still better than Walking Dead

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

Last season of Z Nation sucked but was still better than Walking Dead

There were a few gems (the News station ep was great) but yeah... definitely a weaker season. Hell of an ending though.

So finished Season 2. Uneven is a great description. Wish the boat tour had lasted longer. Chris was terrible throughout but I swear his death was an apology by the showrunners. Poor Travis. Dude could just not catch a break. Marathoning Season 3 and you goons were spot on. Good poo poo. Don’t get the hate for Daniel. Just finished his return ep and it was solid. A little sad knowing Troy won’t make it as his character is a perfect fit for Ghengis Clark. Thanks OP for getting me to try this series. Amazing OP victory.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Von_Doom posted:

There were a few gems (the News station ep was great) but yeah... definitely a weaker season. Hell of an ending though.

So finished Season 2. Uneven is a great description. Wish the boat tour had lasted longer. Chris was terrible throughout but I swear his death was an apology by the showrunners. Poor Travis. Dude could just not catch a break. Marathoning Season 3 and you goons were spot on. Good poo poo. Don’t get the hate for Daniel. Just finished his return ep and it was solid. A little sad knowing Troy won’t make it as his character is a perfect fit for Ghengis Clark. Thanks OP for getting me to try this series. Amazing OP victory.

Oi Genghis Clarke is on the other show. Chick Grimes is much better.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Von_Doom posted:

Was that the last season of Z-Nation? From the like 4 or so episodes I've had watched it seemed like that, with Roberta's weird visions and such.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

She's too competent to be Chick Grimes... now if she shot more windows, tripped over terrible CGI deer and shouted out people's names while trying to be stealthy? Then Chick Grimes. Like that one goon earlier.... I almost wish she and Carol would meet. Almost. Carol would never survive it. I miss Carol the character but had to tap out of the main show as it was just too much. As far as 100 comparisons: Wouldn't surprise me if Wanheda had an ancient ancestor named Madd' Sun.

Johnny Truant posted:

Was that the last season of Z-Nation? From the like 4 or so episodes I've had watched it seemed like that, with Roberta's weird visions and such.

No. Some other goon in the Z Nation thread said they always film so there is an out if they don't get renewed but they are going to have another season. There's always rumours of the next season will be the last season but who knows? I only hope they go out on a bang when they do.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles posted:

the True Clarke would scoff at Madison's mere low triple digits bodycount

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

zeal posted:

In previous seasons, I would have argued that Clarke's high body count came from having to make so many high stake, life-and-death decisions where she didn't have much of a choice whereas Madison straight up murders fools because she doesn't like them. But current season Clarke has really come into her own as possibly the deadliest entity on the planet and I sure af wouldn't test her.

Anyway as much as I'm looking forward to a John Dorie episode, I can't help but be a little disappointed that their Mother's Day episode isn't gonna be Madison setting fire to everything the Vultures have ever cared about as she releases all the walkers they've been trapping on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

I have nothing but respect for the office of Wanheda. She runs a tough campaign and does what it takes, with a 500% margin of error.

• Locked thread