Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think the votes right now are 5 yes and 2 no votes. So there is still the possibility of denying this government.

And since AA wants to comment at lunch we should at least wait until he has his chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I trust KB's choices so far and trust the employment of the first presidential power if it comes to that. ##vote yes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I trust KB's choices so far and trust the employment of the first presidential power if it comes to that. ##vote yes

Well he had until like 16:00 CST but this was the 6th vote so AA doesn't get his chance. :(

Dancer
May 23, 2011
With Fall comes darkness. The administration ended up passing the first Fascist policy. Rumors of political suppression are bubbling, but nothing concrete is known yet.

King Burgundy may ##investigate a player. Since you folks might want to discuss things, I will give him (and any other president with an executive power in the future) 48 hours.

Game status:

8 cards in the policy deck
6 cards in the discard pile

1 Fascist policies passed
2 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy

Previous administration was King Burgundy and TMMadman.

Investigation deadline: 11th May, 17:00 GMT

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was forced to go fascist. It was expected but I was hoping KB could pull a liberal card.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also I was right before the deck reshuffle will happen when RF goes to pick his 3 cards.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
if I had refresh the page before I voted maybe I would have seen tmm's last post but unfortunately I didn't and I do apologize.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

if I had refresh the page before I voted maybe I would have seen tmm's last post but unfortunately I didn't and I do apologize.

It's all good because the thread reopened quickly and we have time to talk now befoee KB uses his power.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Tmm you still backing a investigation of kumba?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I drew three fascist cards.

If no one lied, this means Pig's chances of drawing a liberal card are now pretty drat good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

As such, it might actually be fine to investigate Pig, he may not get the next investigation, so the three people involved plan would probably work. Alternately, if we want to place an investigation on a lynch pin president, aka someone who might be the nominee when we could be at 3 fascist policies, that would place the investigation a bit deeper, like the in grouping of RF, Kumba, AA, TMM, depending on how the cards go.

I can see reasons to investigate any of the next few presidents. Tell me what you guys want to see happen. I want to hear from everyone.

From those of you who have played, I'm particularly interested in any anecdotes you have on good/bad investigations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Alternately, if we want to place an investigation on a lynch pin president, aka someone who might be the nominee when we could be at 3 fascist policies, that would place the investigation a bit deeper, like the in grouping of RF, Kumba, AA, TMM, depending on how the cards go.

I feel like this is probably safer.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

I feel like this is probably safer.

I support this as well. Any one of those four I think would help us sort out when the right time to by pass a govt', I'd say the earlier they are to the presidency the better.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I agree with the second half, that the investigation should be used when 3 fascist policies have likely been passed.

I want to look back at some things, but is there an official policy regarding this?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Looks like the cucu strategy on the rules link would have me investigating DB this time, so that he could pick me as a chancellor if I investigate him as liberal.

Just as an FYI.

I can see the value on that one too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I agree with the second half, that the investigation should be used when 3 fascist policies have likely been passed.

I want to look back at some things, but is there an official policy regarding this?

Clarify what you are asking?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I know it had been discussed about re-reading the game and I thought Dancer had implemented something to regulate it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Looks like the cucu strategy on the rules link would have me investigating DB this time, so that he could pick me as a chancellor if I investigate him as liberal.

Just as an FYI.

I do like this suggestion though. It seems like a decent strategy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I know it had been discussed about re-reading the game and I thought Dancer had implemented something to regulate it.

Ok, you can quote anything from the current day and read back only 2 days.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Please limit yourself to looking back only to the current legislative session and the previous one. We're still in Fall 1930, so Summer 1930 is fair game, but Spring isn't.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

Just as an FYI.

I'm not opposed to this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'd be alright with a DB investigation.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

I'd be alright with a DB investigation.

yeah i'm cool with that or me or RF, i think any of those 3 are good choices

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still think kumba should be the target but I'm fine with anyone in the near future.

DB would be a good choice because he will see the last three cards before the reshuffle (two cards will remain unseen) so that could be nice.

If we investigate DB then we should probably also go with the strategy that says CPig should use DB as his chancellor. So we would start limiting government at that point since it would go Cpig/DB followed by DB/KB. At that point we should be either at 4 liberal/1 fascist or 3 liberal/2 fascist. I think if we ended up with 2 liberal/3 fascist then somebody in those three is probably a lying fascist. Although I guess maybe it could be someone from the first two governments.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I still think kumba should be the target but I'm fine with anyone in the near future.

DB would be a good choice because he will see the last three cards before the reshuffle (two cards will remain unseen) so that could be nice.

If we investigate DB then we should probably also go with the strategy that says CPig should use DB as his chancellor. So we would start limiting government at that point since it would go Cpig/DB followed by DB/KB. At that point we should be either at 4 liberal/1 fascist or 3 liberal/2 fascist. I think if we ended up with 2 liberal/3 fascist then somebody in those three is probably a lying fascist. Although I guess maybe it could be someone from the first two governments.

Yeah. It is too early to say for sure, until we see more cards, but I'm a bit weirded out by Byers/Andy at this point. I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn they were both experienced players, and the strategies I've been reading up on while I'm waiting for people to post haven't jived with the way they played so far. For example, we had the talk about if you get two liberal policies as the pres, should you pass them both on, and this link: https://secrethitler.tartanllama.xyz/#strategy-overview seems to say that you should almost always pass the choice on to the chancellor, unless you are behind and it is near end game.

Also, their choice to vote no on the government at that point seems super fishy to me, since I know it would have prevented a liberal presidency at a time when there was not a serious danger from having a possibly bad TMM as chancellor.

Having said that, if anyone lied in those first two administrations at this point, it would have been to obscure additional liberal discards, which seems statistically unlikely. In Byers case it isn't even possible unless Pmush was also bad. And in Andy's case it would mean he had gotten 3 liberal policies in his draw, which is kinda crazy or that again, Kumba was also bad.

I'm putting this out there because it feels like no one is really doing this stuff at this point, and we probably should be?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chain investigations are apparently bad at this player count. So we want to avoid me investigating whoever we think is going to get the next fascist policy.

ie., Me investigating DB, and Pig investigating me? Good. 3 people involved.
But me investigating DB, and DB investigating me? Bad. Only 2 of us.

So 3 liberal policies still in the deck, theoretically, means probably Pig's admin won't be passing a fascist policy, so he's a safe investigation from that aspect. DB will also have good odds for liberal policy if Pig's admin only gets 1 liberal card. So maybe it's fine? But it gets dicier if Pig draws 2 liberal policies or if someone is lying and there aren't 3 liberal policies left in the deck.

It's not entirely in our hands if we pick someone that close, like Pig or DB. This would actually lend itself well to investigating someone further out like RF, Kumba or AA to make sure it doesn't happen and still allow the second investigator to target me.

I'm willing to be swayed still in just about any direction by people in this thread rather than random internet strategies at this point though. I've read all I'm going to read on the game for now, so just waiting for more posting. I'll probably give this almost the full 48 hours so that hopefully we get some posting happening.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah. It is too early to say for sure, until we see more cards, but I'm a bit weirded out by Byers/Andy at this point. I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn they were both experienced players, and the strategies I've been reading up on while I'm waiting for people to post haven't jived with the way they played so far. For example, we had the talk about if you get two liberal policies as the pres, should you pass them both on, and this link: https://secrethitler.tartanllama.xyz/#strategy-overview seems to say that you should almost always pass the choice on to the chancellor, unless you are behind and it is near end game.

Also, their choice to vote no on the government at that point seems super fishy to me, since I know it would have prevented a liberal presidency at a time when there was not a serious danger from having a possibly bad TMM as chancellor.

Having said that, if anyone lied in those first two administrations at this point, it would have been to obscure additional liberal discards, which seems statistically unlikely. In Byers case it isn't even possible unless Pmush was also bad. And in Andy's case it would mean he had gotten 3 liberal policies in his draw, which is kinda crazy or that again, Kumba was also bad.

I'm putting this out there because it feels like no one is really doing this stuff at this point, and we probably should be?

lmao , like , even if you are an experienced player who reads up on all the latest strategies on the internet. When I play board games with my friends I never once looked on the internet to figure out all the top strats the pros are using.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Me, dB, and Cpig are good picks since no one can ever read us, but I like the idea of using an investigation on a lynchpin president like kumba and then the second on whoever did the first to confirm

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

lmao , like , even if you are an experienced player who reads up on all the latest strategies on the internet. When I play board games with my friends I never once looked on the internet to figure out all the top strats the pros are using.

yeah i never once thought to myself that i should google optimal_secret_hitler_strategy.txt

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

yeah i never once thought to myself that i should google optimal_secret_hitler_strategy.txt

I only read the strategy part of the rules linked in the first post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, but obviously if someone is an experienced player they probably would have come to those opinions on their own right? Unless they just suck I guess.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, but obviously if someone is an experienced player they probably would have come to those opinions on their own right? Unless they just suck I guess.

Not necessarily. :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm not sure why people are so "lol what a tryhard" about people who read the rules linked in the OP.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not sure why people are so "lol what a tryhard" about people who read the rules linked in the OP.

we aren't?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am referencing kb's post wherein he posted a link to a secret hitler strategy website that is not the same one as in the OP

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

King Burgundy posted:

Okay but here's the thing: I disagree with what the internet hint file said to do. So I did a different idea, and then said why.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean I guess we could just follow the strategy guide to its step by step conclusion and end the game now

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapnAndy posted:

Okay but here's the thing: I disagree with what the internet hint file said to do. So I did a different idea, and then said why.

Gee, sure seems like a lot of other stuff you could comment on right now. Why so quiet?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

King Burgundy posted:

Gee, sure seems like a lot of other stuff you could comment on right now. Why so quiet?
My internet was out for a couple of hours, I've weighed in on who I want to investigate and why (and I'm happy with the direction that's going), and I had nothing else to say.

also I am busy processing optimized algorithms beep boop insert punch card for next vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapnAndy posted:

My internet was out for a couple of hours, I've weighed in on who I want to investigate and why (and I'm happy with the direction that's going), and I had nothing else to say.

also I am busy processing optimized algorithms beep boop insert punch card for next vote

But you wanted to investigate Cpig and felt very strongly about that and my read of the room is that is probably not the investigation that is happening?

So to confirm, what direction do you think it's going right now, that you are happy with?

• Locked thread