Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I really feel weird about voting for a Doctor, although he could easily be the role blocker and covering his tracks. It does make sense that a Doc would want to protect me. Ugh this makes it all the harder for me right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Moat has posted more today but it has still been very jokey and most of the content revolves around throwing his call on IceP (which is not much of a case? to me it reads more as a gut read from his mason IRC) which, hey, is more than we were getting from moat before. Thank you for posting more, moat, but I still think you are a bit magazine letter cutting scumbo!!!!

Oh come on Moat just posted reads on the entire game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

Anyone still on Moat for not participating after this post should feel bad. Good to have you back, buddy.

P.S. I watched Moat struggle his way through a godawful scum game under KB's steely eyes in Shine V. If he feels relaxed enough to shitpost under my chilly gaze, he's probably fine.

:shepface:

i do not agree with this assessment at all podima

that quoted post says a lot of nothing to me imo, it's a lot of empty reads

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

I don't like that your reads are very weak at this juncture after three game days.

Moat - how do you justify that he "dodged twice?" Please unpack that narrative.

Me - you're drawing connections between unflipped players.

Gene - weak meta read when he's replaced in (though he does need to post more).

Can you comment on other more active players as well, please? Or give me some town reads.

can you apply this exact same logic to the moat post you just said you liked?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Im the doc

My name is leon

N1 - Sal
N2 - Sal

I breadcrumbed it with the Natalie Portman thing (really it was just for my name)

I don't have restrictions for self protect or protecting the same person

The flavor is that I have an intimate knowledge of the human body in order to murder but I can also use it for good.

Atomic Soda posted:

why sal night two?

Moatillata posted:

I wasn't sure where they would strike next and was kinda hoping they might try to kill him instead of just role block

I believe it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, so you're the doc, and you said nothing in mason chat to either of us about it, and nothing in your private chat with me about it- even though you just listed me as your most trusted person left in the game?

AND you, as the doc, and with votes swinging your way at the D1 deadline, after I pinged you in chat to let you know that was going on, never showed up?

Well hmm.

Moat, please respond to this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Train of thought stuff

AS and Pod I had a fever for basically 72 hours you'll have to excuse me for not remembering exactly what my reads were. I almost replaced out on Monday but wanted to play because the other game had fallen through and did not think it was going to linger for so long.

I did talk to IS before the deadline last Wednesday, but I had also gone to bed early. I woke up with like 10-15 minutes to go and felt really good so my fever probably broke around then (yay!), so I got up and went to my computer to see if he was around to talk to. I hadn't placed my vote on Bowmore because I didn't strongly feel that he was scum and didn't want to put him closer to a hammer, and I figured enough people would be around if needed. When I caught up and saw the situation, I started to talk to Sober. I ultimately didn't end up voting because our Masonry does not allow us to talk to each other at night, so I wanted to wait as long as possible before hammering, and then there was a double hammer as I went to vote.

The day I went for Yami my top scum read after him was probably Moat, even though I did not want to admit that to myself at the time.

Moat's claim doesn't really change anything for me. This post

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, so you're the doc, and you said nothing in mason chat to either of us about it, and nothing in your private chat with me about it- even though you just listed me as your most trusted person left in the game?

AND you, as the doc, and with votes swinging your way at the D1 deadline, after I pinged you in chat to let you know that was going on, never showed up?
sums up my feelings about the doc claim, minus the private chat and most trusted things, obviously.

Podima posted:

It's worth noting that Keane didn't flip as a mason, so we can't be sure that Bowmore/TNL weren't in masonries unless people come forward.

Yami also didn't flip as a mason, FWIW.

I'll look through some more but the thread is moving now so I want to get at least this part out there.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

Oh come on Moat just posted reads on the entire game.

those reads are p. easily faked and wishy-washy. you know, that thing you accused me of the other day?

i thanked moat for posting more today, because he did and it was a lot better! but i still think he's scum, sorry.

i think the doc is a fakeclaim.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

I don't like that your reads are very weak at this juncture after three game days.

Moat - how do you justify that he "dodged twice?" Please unpack that narrative.

Moat had the second most votes both of the previous days

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

can you apply this exact same logic to the moat post you just said you liked?

Point one in favor for Moat's post - he lists the entire game with at least some semblance of constructed thought. (though I'm now hmm-ing at Sober being towniest but he never dropped hints, that's still not enough to get me to vote a claimed doc without a counterclaim)

Moat has commented on ASoda's posts before this list.

The read on you is a bit of a stretch, read on Max/Gene makes sense from a setup-speccy perspective.

AA and Sal reads mostly make sense, though I'm not as sold as he is on AA.

Like, I think this is a perfectly reasonable post, especially from Moat who has been getting poo poo on for not posting reads, and I'm unclear on why you're acting like it's such garbage.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

I ultimately didn't end up voting because our Masonry does not allow us to talk to each other at night

BK/AS, is this true of yours too?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

Point one in favor for Moat's post - he lists the entire game with at least some semblance of constructed thought. (though I'm now hmm-ing at Sober being towniest but he never dropped hints, that's still not enough to get me to vote a claimed doc without a counterclaim)

Moat has commented on ASoda's posts before this list.

The read on you is a bit of a stretch, read on Max/Gene makes sense from a setup-speccy perspective.

AA and Sal reads mostly make sense, though I'm not as sold as he is on AA.

Like, I think this is a perfectly reasonable post, especially from Moat who has been getting poo poo on for not posting reads, and I'm unclear on why you're acting like it's such garbage.

It's not garbage! It's just easily faked. It's unconvincing to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

yes

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

we can't talk at night, no

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

The flavor Yami quoted from their post as the reasoning for being a miller is suuuper similar to mine and I'm not a miller so I've been wary since the claim, I just didn't say anything before because I wanted to see more of his posting first.

Going back to this - at the time you made this post, had you discussed in the masonry and found out that you three had what sounded like similar flavor?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OK thanks, same. Wanted to make sure there wasn't an inconsistency between masonries.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

Moat had the second most votes both of the previous days

please don't answer for other people when i want to see if they have a legitimate answer for me! :argh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Going back to this - at the time you made this post, had you discussed in the masonry and found out that you three had what sounded like similar flavor?

I discussed my thoughts on Yami's claim and my reasoning in Mason chat, IS and Moat told me that their flavors supported what I was thinking.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IcePhoenix posted:

I discussed my thoughts on Yami's claim and my reasoning in Mason chat, IS and Moat told me that their flavors supported what I was thinking.

interesting is this true guys? how does your flavour support this moat?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

Yes my plan was to never tell anyone that I was a doc because it is a bad move even if you're on the better end of the continuum you're still not mod confirmed

Why is this shocking to you?

Also, for the d1 deadline I was busy and completely missed it. I was hanging out with friends doing non mafia things. Hence why I didnt respond until waay later in the night and you may have noticed i was in a bit of a state.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Anyone still on Moat for not participating after this post should feel bad. Good to have you back, buddy.

P.S. I watched Moat struggle his way through a godawful scum game under KB's steely eyes in Shine V. If he feels relaxed enough to shitpost under my chilly gaze, he's probably fine.

:cheerdoge:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Moatillata posted:

Yes my plan was to never tell anyone that I was a doc because it is a bad move even if you're on the better end of the continuum you're still not mod confirmed

Why is this shocking to you?

Also, for the d1 deadline I was busy and completely missed it. I was hanging out with friends doing non mafia things. Hence why I didnt respond until waay later in the night and you may have noticed i was in a bit of a state.

Ya I don't get why it's unreasonable for a Doctor to claim.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SalTheBard posted:

Ya I don't get why it's unreasonable for a Doctor to claim.

Because unless you can self protect then mafia is just gonna murder you immediately, they extremely hard to try to get the doc to claim

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
*work

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i don't think moat not claiming in mason chat is indicative of scum, his town read on sober was relatively recent also.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote IcePhoenix

I'm not voting for Moat. I would also vote for Slamburger for the audacity of replacing in and not coming into the thread at all, and anyways a Day 3 replacement is lovely for a game this size when Asiina was lurking for the previous two game days.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

##vote IcePhoenix

I'm not voting for Moat. I would also vote for Slamburger for the audacity of replacing in and not coming into the thread at all, and anyways a Day 3 replacement is lovely for a game this size when Asiina was lurking for the previous two game days.

You think ice is the best vote?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I gotta say pod I appreciate the support but it's kinda freaking me out

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Atomic Soda posted:

hey moat can you answer this? sorry if i missed it earlier.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

##vote IcePhoenix

asiina was gonna be my vote until i saw the replacement but idk i'm willing to at least give slamburger a chance? the circumstances are def lovely tho.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

It wasn't specifically for my flavor I was just commenting on the fact that we all came from far away to the academy so is weird to have an outsider be Miller when we all are

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ice's push on you is self-admittedly omgus and all he's done is go for Yami yesterday building from a flavor justification (which he checked with you two on first yes, but that could also be viewed as a quiet safety check before putting it out in the thread). He tried to draw a connection between Yami and Asiina but it's very tenuous. It's also still notable that Keane was pushing back on the flavor thing with Ice yesterday, and died last night. Plus there's what I pointed out earlier about how he tried to draw IS into the tiff between you and him - it's in my posts from earlier today.

Nobody else is pinging me quite as much as he is right now, and I really don't like that he hasn't re-evaluated in the light of your doc counterclaim - instead, he's just pushing harder. (Others are guilty of this too, but it's another thing on the pile.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also more pertinently it's 30 minutes to deadline and this game is not a bastion of high participation.

:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Moatillata (4): GeneX, Anomalous Amalgam, IcePhoenix, -Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin, BottleKnight, -BottleKnight, IllegallySober
IcePhoenix (3): Moatillata, Atomic Soda, Podima

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, BottleKnight, SalTheBard, Slamburger

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 09th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 31 minutes from this post.

:]

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, I've been a bit busier than expected and allowed myself too much foil.

In foil I believe that there is a strong possibility as moat for a scum and possibly also sal.

In my best attempt at normal I'd rank Scum to town

IP or Moat: both are scummy, gut says moat over ip but I've been known to tunnel

Feels about BK.

Really don't like how they have shown up today.

I trust Pod mostly.

Back in just a few minutes.

Sorry for hottakes but close to deadline.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
That tracks. Cool, thanks.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm probably not moving

sal you still around?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry, I've been a bit busier than expected and allowed myself too much foil.

In foil I believe that there is a strong possibility as moat for a scum and possibly also sal.

In my best attempt at normal I'd rank Scum to town

IP or Moat: both are scummy, gut says moat over ip but I've been known to tunnel

Feels about BK.

Really don't like how they have shown up today.

I trust Pod mostly.

Back in just a few minutes.

Sorry for hottakes but close to deadline.

i have feels about bk also but he did say in mason chat he was busy w deadlines.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

and I really don't like that he hasn't re-evaluated in the light of your doc counterclaim - instead, he's just pushing harder. (Others are guilty of this too, but it's another thing on the pile.)

I'm having trouble parsing this. You don't like that I'm not backing off because I don't believe him?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I am really surprised that there's this many people willing to buy Moat's claim. But I guess I was also surprised there were this many willing to buy Sal's cop claim, too.

I really don't feel the IP vote over Moat. Can someone tell me why Moat's not looking guilty instead of why IP is? I'm not dead-set against switching but I'm not yet convinced.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Be back in 5-10 minutes, but I should be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

Be back in 5-10 minutes, but I should be back.

cool wouldn't mind your assessment of

Moatillata posted:

It wasn't specifically for my flavor I was just commenting on the fact that we all came from far away to the academy so is weird to have an outsider be Miller when we all are

re: what icephoenix mentioned, if there is time

• Locked thread