Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/alexvolkanovski/status/994039149748412416?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That seems like a weird fight for Elkins to take, but it's Darren Elkins so I guess that isn't hugely surprising.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Look at Elkins' tattoo. Look at it. Does Darren Elkins make good decisions?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Neurosis posted:

People actually said he was small which I never understood unless your points of comparison are just peak Thiago Alves and roided to the gills Johny Hendricks

Or Jon Fitch, or Carlos Condit, or Nick Diaz. Hughes and Sherk were both carrying more muscle, even if they were shorter. The only exceptions were Penn and Serra.

Again, definitively saying he's small might be a little much, but he's not big for the division

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/ike_cbs/status/993935759022395392

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The replies to this are embarrassing in their checkmate atheists nonsense.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

GSP toned his body to the point that he had sort of a greco roman physique and I think that made a lot of people think he was massive for welterweight, especially when he stood next to like Jon Fitch or Josh Koscheck who were technically both bigger than him but they played video games and didnt commit to world class strength and conditioning regiments so they didn't look like a condom stuffed with walnuts. I don't think he was undersized but I always thought people who said he would never have survived the cut to lightweight in his prime were weird and the people who said he could have gone up to mw and dunked on Anderson Silva were bonkers.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Or Jon Fitch, or Carlos Condit, or Nick Diaz. Hughes and Sherk were both carrying more muscle, even if they were shorter. The only exceptions were Penn and Serra.

Again, definitively saying he's small might be a little much, but he's not big for the division

Lol nope. GSP was also bigger (mass wise) than Condit, Diaz, koscheck, hardy, and probably many more. At the time guys like Luigi fiorivani were solid size WW and plenty of chubby lightweights populates the top 20.

He was never the biggest but he’s not undersized against any WW.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Y'all are forgetting GSP has huge gams.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hey guys really sad news. For some reason undefeated in my heart Bec Rawlings was cut from the UFC. Good news is she's fighting bareknuckles in Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship! I'll take my excitement to the B league thread later but expect me to come back when Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship replaces the UFC as the top tier MMA organization.

quote:

IT’S OFFICIAL 😎 I’m fighting on Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship !! Yeah you heard me.. I get to punch people in the face with these hands, BARE. 🤜🏻 😴 💥

History will be made on Saturday, June 2nd at the Cheyenne Events Center in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Legalized for the first time in the United States since 1889, The Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship is the first legal, regulated and officially sanctioned professional bare knuckle fighting league. BKFC will usher a new area of professional combat sports.

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 1: The Beginning will feature an action packed 12 bout card & will An all-star list of some of the best fighters from across the globe!!

BKFC 1: The Beginning will be broadcasted LIVE across the US and Canada on Pay Per View Television.

Tickets
- Watch history in the making live by purchasing tickets here: https://www.bareknuckle.tv/

Cheyenne Events Center
1530 W Lincolnway
Cheyenne, WY 82001
https://www.cheyenneevents.org/

*yes this means I’m no longer with UFC, but I’ll still be fighting MMA so get excited people*

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

tesilential posted:

Lol nope. GSP was also bigger (mass wise) than Condit, Diaz, koscheck, hardy, and probably many more. At the time guys like Luigi fiorivani were solid size WW and plenty of chubby lightweights populates the top 20.

He was never the biggest but he’s not undersized against any WW.

You're probably right on Hardy, but Koscheck walks around at 192 according to him, while GSP walks around at 185 (again, according to him), and Condit and Diaz both have to stay really loving lean to be able to fight at Welter because both of them have much larger frames than GSP. Condit is loving 6'2.

Yes, all of them technically fit at the division, but the effort is clearly going to be harder for some than others, and GSP isn't one of them.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Weight cutting is naturally easier for GSP because he's a greased up gay man on steroids.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Grem posted:

Hey guys really sad news. For some reason undefeated in my heart Bec Rawlings was cut from the UFC. Good news is she's fighting bareknuckles in Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship! I'll take my excitement to the B league thread later but expect me to come back when Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship replaces the UFC as the top tier MMA organization.
And with this, Alex Chambers has officially reached JTG levels of not picking up her phone

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Where the tit jumping hell is there a legal bare knuckle league? How does that exist?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Where the tit jumping hell is there a legal bare knuckle league? How does that exist?

I'd assume most Indian Reservations, Europe, Mexico, and other less civilized nations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She's from Australia so yeah less civilized nations is a good bet.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

This one is in Cheyenne Wyoming so you're pretty on the mark.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Matt Lindland posted:

Weight cutting is naturally easier for GSP because he's a greased up gay man on steroids.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Matt Lindland posted:

lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Oh, baby, they made this one just for me, lads.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

an "ah-ha" moment for sure

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I wonder if the pinstripes say GOD BLESS over and over.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

handsome only face posted:

an "ah-ha" moment for sure

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/5/9/17333944/ufc-226-dana-white-confirms-frankie-edgar-gets-next-featherweight-title-shot-mma-news

Frankie Four-Times

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

USADA is going to start rewarding fighters who passed 25 tests with a pat on the head and a T-shirt.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/994290947138707456

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
after 25 clean tests Hank, the guy who leers at your dick while you piss in the cup, will suck you off

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

after 25 clean tests Hank, the guy who leers at your dick while you piss in the cup, will suck you off

So that's why GSP is fighting again.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Rigel posted:

USADA is going to start rewarding fighters who passed 25 tests with a pat on the head and a T-shirt.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/994290947138707456

Looking forward to seeing fighters rocking I.P. Cleanly shirts.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The nick Diaz rumors are nice and all but he has been out at the club til 3 am every weeknight for probably a month straight

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
That's the best base for MMA.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

The nick Diaz rumors are nice and all but he has been out at the club til 3 am every weeknight for probably a month straight

ah, the Chuck Liddell training camp

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is anyone getting hyped Dern?

She has looked really good on her way up. She also doesn't seem to be a crazy.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Gay Horney posted:

Yeah but how many dudes has he been fighting that he finds picking cigarette butts up in his front yard

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Log posted:

Is anyone getting hyped Dern?

She has looked really good on her way up. She also doesn't seem to be a crazy.

Faking a Brazilian accent and using a translator even though she grew up in Arizona isn't entirely sane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npfa4i8ws5M

(yes, I know her dad is Brazilian)

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

I don't understand why people find the accent thing so strange? I've lived in Pittsburgh for a few years and now sound like an absolute idiot, including saying things like "does the car need washed". It's pretty easy to imagine what living in a different country does to how you speak.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

vitor spent his open workout playing with his service dog. very vitor

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
What does Vitor need a service dog for? Is it the pitbull he was connected to the testicles of for the roid decades?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Neurosis posted:

What does Vitor need a service dog for? Is it the pitbull he was connected to the testicles of for the roid decades?

It's a very highly trained dog and can piss in a cup on demand

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyber Dog posted:

I don't understand why people find the accent thing so strange? I've lived in Pittsburgh for a few years and now sound like an absolute idiot, including saying things like "does the car need washed". It's pretty easy to imagine what living in a different country does to how you speak.

My final year of high school I lived in Egypt and was the only person at the school I went to who spoke English natively. My English sucked so hard after a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Yeah, if you move countries, your accent will change.

Most of my family sounds British or Southern depending on where we are staying.

• Locked thread