Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tim cook continuing to prove that he's a business guy and copying lovely bullshit other dumb companies do to maybe make a pittance that harms the brand is just fine

quote:

the Wall Street Journal reports that Apple has tapped Goldman Sachs to create a new Apple Pay branded credit card. According to the report, Apple currently plans to launch the Apple Pay credit card as soon early 2019.

From the publication:

"The partnership will extend into other services including Goldman offering in-store loans to Apple customers buying iPhones and other gadgets, an effort The Wall Street Journal reported on in February.

Apple and Goldman are still hashing out the terms and benefits of the planned card including the perks for customers, these people said."

Apple already offers an Apple Rewards credit card (which works with Apple Pay) through Barclays, but the WSJ has previously said Apple is working with Goldman on a cheaper financing deal.

According to today’s report, the new Apple Pay credit card will replace the current Apple Rewards credit card with Goldman Sachs replacing Barclays BCS as the creditor.

see also: planet of the apps, gold iphone, apple watch edition, charging money for enough cloud space to backup a modern phone/tablet

coming soon: apple points!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

actually gold iPhone (aka “the Kardashian phone” internally) is good and not in the same category as the other things

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

see also: planet of the apps, gold iphone, apple watch edition, charging money for enough cloud space to backup a modern phone/tablet

coming soon: apple points!

gold iPhone was a huge seller because China. Apple Watch Edition was a marketing tool to frame the watch as a fashion / luxury good instead of a device. it’s not like they made any significant amount of them.

other things are dumb and Tim is a jerk for making you pay to backup the storage he sold you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

please do not dilute the brand when referring to the Apple® Apple Watch® Edition™ edition.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

please do not dilute the brand when referring to the Apple® Apple Watch® Edition™ edition.

even your jokes are too verbose and incorrect

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Last Chance posted:

even your jokes are too verbose and incorrect

are you mad that you wasted your money on an Apple® Apple Watch® Edition™ edition?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its actually called the iWatch

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
rose gold/white iPhone 8 is the best looking phone that isn't a gold/white iPhone 5s

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
faux gold iphone looks really bad

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

nah

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

phones should be black or possibly charcoal gray. everything else is trashy. if you want colors get a colored case.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

are you mad that you wasted your money on an Apple® Apple Watch® Edition™ edition?
no, its just that even

Shaggar posted:

its actually called the iWatch

is a better joke than a misplaced microsoft-naming-scheme joke that doesnt really work for apple. they dont litter their poo poo with ® and ™ so it doesn't make sense

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Last Chance posted:

is a better joke than a misplaced microsoft-naming-scheme joke that doesnt really work for apple. they dont litter their poo poo with ® and ™ so it doesn't make sense

mm hmmmm

https://www.apple.com/legal/intellectual-property/trademark/appletmlist.html

someone once posted here "if sagebrush posts something that looks obviously wrong, it's a trap" and i :allears: about that now and again

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sagebrush posted:

mm hmmmm

someone once posted here "if sagebrush posts something that looks obviously wrong, it's a trap" and i :allears: about that now and again

they never actually do this in any marketing text. but yes, you’re right, Apple’s trademark page about Apple trademarks does contain trademark symbols on their trademarks.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sagebrush posted:

mm hmmmm

ur post is distributed outside the us so u should read your link

For publications that will be distributed outside the United States, do not include trademark symbols.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Sagebrush posted:

phones should be black or possibly charcoal gray. everything else is trashy. if you want colors get a colored case.

uhh can we not? proper terminology is case of color

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

mm hmmmm

so.. i'll bite. this post is also obv. obtuse and wrong, so keep going...

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Management posted:

Apple Watch Edition was a marketing tool to frame the watch as a fashion / luxury good instead of a device. it’s not like they made any significant amount of them.
apple watch edition owned because we got to see gruber utterly beclown himself for an entire year by saying it was obviously apples first step in becoming a high end luxury brand and he was qualified to make this determination because he is obviously mr prada louboutin ferragamo himself irl, and all those luxury brand companies ought to be shaking in their boots because here comes apple

and then apple just quietly discontinued it and dismantled all the high-end popup boutiques

that was some funny poo poo

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
people really like colored computers and thats fine

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nS4EGKU04

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
should have used this for the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO98KrXW7GM

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
make the snow white design language iPhone, timb

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sagebrush posted:

It's conversations like these that remind me that it's mostly men posting here.

For most people phones are an accessory. Accessories are meant to reflect your style and personality. Phones coming in lots of colors is what people want.

I wish I could get a good phone in robin's egg blue with a gold bezel.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

jit bull transpile posted:

thanks for making me miss my blue lumia 920
the eggplant iphone case just isn't the same

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

yeah bring back the 5c colours for the next iphone se. i’d buy the heck out of a lime green iphone.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

It's conversations like these that remind me that it's mostly men posting here.

For most people phones are an accessory. Accessories are meant to reflect your style and personality. Phones coming in lots of colors is what people want.

why bother when it's just going into a saddle brown* leather cover?

*this specific colour not because it is a fashionable or aesthetic choice, but rather since it's closest to the natural, untreated colour of leather :spergin:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

negatory i would buy the hell out of a a phone in paisley, herringbone, houndstooth, damask, madras plaid, etc

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
timb ship the two tone ska fone

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
mine's in a gawdy lenticular case with a big dragon on it, hth

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

negatory i would buy the hell out of a a phone in paisley, herringbone, houndstooth, damask, madras plaid, etc

oh my god i didn’t even consider patterns.

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

For most people phones are an accessory. Accessories are meant to reflect your style and personality.

Style and personality are overrated.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fiedler posted:

Style and personality are overrated.

This isn't the hacker news thread!

Also dsyp lolololol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
timb shipped the laser etched damask iphones please

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

FMguru posted:

should have used this for the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO98KrXW7GM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtHh9eVQ7oI&hd=1&t=14s

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

cases are trashy

phones should be offered in interesting surface finishes

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

cases are trashy

phones should be offered in interesting surface finishes

My coworkers keep asking me how my phone is in such good shape without a case, then I watch them jam their phones into pockets with loose keys and poo poo.

Boys, give in and start carrying satchels. Your fragile possessions will thank you.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

My coworkers keep asking me how my phone is in such good shape without a case, then I watch them jam their phones into pockets with loose keys and poo poo.

Boys, give in and start carrying satchels. Your fragile possessions will thank you.

do they not realize they have at least two pockets? phone in left, wallet and keys in right.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

i'm not a woman. i don't mean that pejoratively. just, men's pants and coats are fitted with functional pockets.

i have never, ever had the thought "gee maybe i need more places to store stuff on my person"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i'm not a woman. i don't mean that pejoratively. just, men's pants and coats are fitted with functional pockets.

i have never, ever had the thought "gee maybe i need more places to store stuff on my person"

You may not be aware, but I spent 26 years in men's clothes. They're not as practical as guys like to insist. You're just socialized to put up with the inconvenience for appearances sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

You may not be aware, but I spent 26 years in men's clothes. They're not as practical as guys like to insist. You're just socialized to put up with the inconvenience for appearances sake.

i just told you i'm not inconvenienced

i mean, you can have a different feeling about men's clothing. but it's not an issue for me. i have literally ten pockets on my average daily wear.

phone cases are trashy, and they are not a thing i have ever needed