Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Oh man I can make unique items and put them anywhere I want

Give me some unique ideas, I'll make some

I might even be able to make soulbound items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gyoru posted:

there are more unique hatchets than battle axes

one of the unique hatchets is dedicated to only fighting plant life

Please tell me there's a hatchet called "treeslayer."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
there should be more unique weapons dammit 0/10

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Does the modding kit allow custom icons for items or is it relegated to assets already in the game for that?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm enjoying Cipher/Ranger a lot but

Monk

it calls to me

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

oh good lord

I did some digging with the console

there is now a soulbound gun, specifically an arquebus

ciphers cannot use it

wizards can

wtf

Ha!

Make cool quarterstaves, but built for fighters to use and not wizards/druids

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
What's a good stat line for the melee Devoted/Soul Blade that wants to mostly gently caress up some damage but also not die? The game just says everything's recommended so...

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
e: Nm

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 10, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Quarterstaff that isnt for fighters or wizards or druids....so....uh what does that leave

Count Uvula posted:

Does the modding kit allow custom icons for items or is it relegated to assets already in the game for that?

Modding.....kit? Friendo I delve deep into json

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The grimoire system for wizard seems really lovely. Like there has to be a better way than the way they actually went with because having to see which spells are in which book in the middle of combat is supremely unfun because its a slow process and they all look the same and have nondescript names.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
lol what the gently caress is with all the ugly rear end watercolor portraits? tbh the new portraits ain’t that great either. Everybody looks loving hideous. Only ones with effort put into em is the Critical Role stuff.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

2 SPOOKY posted:

I’m curious - how many hours deep were you? Even if you haven’t slept that’s definitely not more than 50-ish. Did you sidequest/explore much or just hammer critical path out?

36 hours. I did almost every single bit of side content, except for the very final quests for the factions so as to lock myself into them. I played a lot of the game on fast mode and I don't take a long while to read a lot of text, plus I only played on ... I think its called Classic or something difficulty? So not the hardest, but not the easiest either.

I also hadn't turned on level scaling so a lot of encounters were steamrolled.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Quarterstaff that isnt for fighters or wizards or druids....so....uh what does that leave

Modding.....kit? Friendo I delve deep into json

No, built for fighters, or melee guys, or whatever. Most of the staves in this and all games are designed with spellcasters in mind, I just like making characters that roam around in plate mail clubbing stuff with a pole.

Actually looking at the ones in there already, one of them totally works for this so, uhh, nevermind. It still gives bonuses to elemental abilities that only, like, two non-caster classes will get though.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Is there some other requirement on Xoti's lantern upgrades?

I can do one but not the other. Is it quest status related?

Might make sense since I guess Threshing is if you keep? Light of the Dawnstar if you do the shepherding?

divx
Aug 21, 2005

Is there a merchant in Neketaka that sells ship upgrades?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

divx posted:

Is there a merchant in Neketaka that sells ship upgrades?

Yep, almost where you docked. He's in the area just above that.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

evilmiera posted:

Yep, almost where you docked. He's in the area just above that.

You can also just hit the Supply button on the city map menu. e: Speaking of, it would be cool if you could use the city map to travel without walking to a district exit first, it would save so much time.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

nice! mind adding to the development section how I actually use this, i'm unfamiliar with patchwork and the development section assumes you know exactly what "an Open Assembly version of PoE2's original Assembly-CSharp.dll" is

Sure, be happy to! It'll be a few as I'm trying to find someone with a saved game close to where I can grab an Achievement quickly for testing. Seems my mod right now does NOT unfuck Steam achievements, just the game ones.

Until then, you don't really have to know what it is, just use it :) Basically Assembly-CSharp.dll is where Unity games have all of the game-specific code built. Lots of those methods are (understandably) private, or classes are sealed, etc. In order to overwrite them, the framework needs everything TOTALLY public instead. OpenAssemblyCreator.exe automates that and spits out a copy of Assembly-CSharp.dll except with everything public'd up for you. You then point the framework at THAT DLL instead and it can modify everything.

If you have any other questions, feel free to throw them in my repo's issues! I loved how active the PoE1 mod scene was, so anybody who wants to contribute to this one, I'm really really glad to help as much as needed

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Revive the Lead Spitter: 2-handed Blunderbuss with double projectile count and extra Penetration.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Gyoru posted:

The distribution of uniques is all over the place where some classes are overly represented (probably blame backer weapons - always blame backers)
Man, that is loving dire.

I wonder if somebody made a Devoted dual-wielding clubs. :v:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Wizard Styles posted:

That would be a downer, especially because you'd get the unique club in Port Maje an hour into the game and spend the whole rest of the game hoping for another cool club only to forever be disappointed with your off-hand superb club that's boring and blue.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, if that unique list is correct then it goddamn sucks for us axe lovers..

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Wizard Styles posted:

Or dual wielding maces- I don't remember if the soulbound one can bind to fighters

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rolling Shattered Pillar/Assassin (the latter is not paying for itself I think), and I’m trying to find good wound-powered Monk poo poo to use. I occasionally teleport and blast a dude away from Aloth or Xoti, but I think I’d like an option that just straight fucks someone up.

Similarly with cipher, so Serafen can start deleting dudes with empower.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
What history should I pick? :ohdear:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Yeah swords can go on the 'moratorium of these in RPGs' pile with grassy fields and dragons.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Relax Or DIE posted:

Yeah swords can go on the 'moratorium of these in RPGs' pile with grassy fields and dragons.

Every dragon in Pillars is a precious angel :colbert:

Except maybe the Alpine dragon they're kinda a dick and take a resolve check of like 20 to help them out and not come to blows.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Geeze, and I almost made a devoted|berserker to dual-wield battleaxes...

Flashbacks to the first time I played Baldur's Gate and sunk my proficiencies into halberds.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Chris Avellone always gets the last laugh.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Ravenfood posted:

Man, taking the lift into the Old City early on can really mess with some quests.

How early on are we talking? I had two quests down there I cleared the first area and the ruins, and have just entered the old city itself.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

No, built for fighters, or melee guys, or whatever. Most of the staves in this and all games are designed with spellcasters in mind, I just like making characters that roam around in plate mail clubbing stuff with a pole.

Actually looking at the ones in there already, one of them totally works for this so, uhh, nevermind. It still gives bonuses to elemental abilities that only, like, two non-caster classes will get though.

Yeah my cipher is probably going to use that one, especially since I'm stacking metaphysics anyway. One problem is that a lot of abilities don't have the right keywords anyway, etc; there are a lot of cipher powers that do corrode and aren't tagged acid, etc. Game needs a keyword pass.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Decided to take a break from the game and thread because of the import/created save issues not recognizing some of the choices, like Eder. I heard there was a hotfix in the works, did that happen/is there a timeline for it?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Has anyone noticed if theres any effect in 2 which faction you went with in 1?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Ugh, having a repeatable issue changing my party on the ship. I can do one change but if I try to do another one the game consistently crashes.

Goddammit I just want to steal the good Wizard tome from Aloth and give it to Maia :argh:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

RPZip posted:

Decided to take a break from the game and thread because of the import/created save issues not recognizing some of the choices, like Eder. I heard there was a hotfix in the works, did that happen/is there a timeline for it?

15th iirc

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Relax Or DIE posted:

I won't hear anything against the good old grassy field. Lots of colour in a grassy field.

Deserts, on the other hand. gently caress deserts. I have seen enough videogame wastelands to last me until the end of time.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Sylphosaurus posted:

Man, if that unique list is correct then it goddamn sucks for us axe lovers..

Seriously. I'm glad there's at least two so I can get my dual wield fix.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
So I started a fighter/cipher character with 12 constitution because I wanted a bit of everything (16 Might tho) How stupid was this? 2 hours in and I've already died a few times.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Just don't get hit, easy.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
So, I've made basically zero progress on the crit path cuz all I've been doing since hitting Nekataka is sail around exploring islands and collecting bounties.

I kind of assumed that winning a ship v. ship fight via boarding action would add that ship to your fleet. Instead, you just grab their stuff and the boat goes away? Bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MrTheDevious posted:

Just released my Modding framework! I only have a couple of actual mods created so far, but I'll whip more up as I play. If anyone else wants to make some, that'd be great!

https://github.com/SonicZentropy/PoE2Mods.pw

With my Achievement mod, you can edit the prebuilt Companions to be whatever classes/subclasses/stats you want without disabling achievements. I'm planning on abusing it 2nd playthrough bigtime

So I downloaded this and tried to make use of it, but the PatchworkLauncher.exe that you claim is present in the ReadMe... isn't. There's a PatchworkLauncher.csproj, but no .exe. Am I missing something here?