Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Expanse will 100% join my list once I catch up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

The Expanse will 100% join my list once I catch up.

Another season isn't sounding too likely right now so you probably have time.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I really liked the part where "good cop" prisoner guy is talking to Clarke about his life growing up. This is the first time anyone on the show has met or spoken to actual humans who were alive before the bombs dropped, so it felt a little surreal.

Great episode beginning to end, but that scene in particular was really neat. I can see this becoming my favorite season yet.

My only minor complaint is Clarke never mentioning that it was actually one of her men who started the ordeal by trying to murder a little girl. Even if it doesn't change anything that actually happens from there out, it just irks me when a character who was not entirely unjustified in their actions fails to mention stuff like that, and instead just stares in silence not knowing what to say.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Another season isn't sounding too likely right now so you probably have time.

Stop jinxing it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'll be caught up well before next Wednesday, if not before this weekend anyway lol

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Rocksicles posted:

Stop jinxing it.

Actually they did canceled it

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-exp...ped-1202388026/

But here is hoping Netflix or other will be smart enough to continue the best sci-fi TV show in decades

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Elias_Maluco posted:

Actually they did canceled it

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-exp...ped-1202388026/

But here is hoping Netflix or other will be smart enough to continue the best sci-fi TV show in decades

In similar news, Fox cancelled Brooklyn Nine Nine. What is with some of the best shows being cancelled?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dalael posted:

In similar news, Fox cancelled Brooklyn Nine Nine. What is with some of the best shows being cancelled?

Taking down powerful Terry Crews with the cancel hammer.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just saw episode 3.

So first Madi misses a guy from like 50cm after he somehow finds her while hidden, and now she easily murders two heavily armed men in under 1 second? Yeah, this girl doesn't add up at all.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

lol so what is Octavia's reaction gonna be when she finds out Bellamy and Echo are ~in love~

And also Bellamy's reaction to "Blodreina"

And everyone's reaction to Clarke surviving the death wave.

I think they've been doing well with the format they're using this season (focusing more or less on one group/location per episode), it's building up my anticipation. It's easy for shows to attempt this approach to story telling and completely lose my interest, but I can already see this becoming my favorite season. I can't wait for all the groups to intersect but I don't feel like my time is being wasted in the meantime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I already said it, when the WUNKRU sees loving WANHEDA has survived PRYMFYA they are going to bow so loving hard to their new overlord.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Question is, who will be Clarke's lesbian lover this season?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

Whoever she drat well pleases.

And allows to live.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

The only woman strong enough for Wanheda is Octavia at this point so clearly they need to rule together. Sexily.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

The only woman strong enough for Wanheda is Octavia at this point so clearly they need to rule together. Sexily.

the "Quickie" Mart chick is still breathing right?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Niylah should still be around, yeah. I think? Jessica Harmon may be a series regular now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rocksicles posted:

the "Quickie" Mart chick is still breathing right?

She's in the bunker, yeah.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Martian posted:

I really like this show. It's hard to articulate why, but I guess it gets what it sets out to do exactly right and most characters are great. And the grounder language is awesome.

Agree

Martian posted:

also Madi rhymes with Alie

Disagree, strongly.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Great show, S3 sucked for a while but got back on track with Jahas crazy.

Looking forward to seeing how many people get murderd needlessly this season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'd drop $10 on the black guy from the prisoner ship being shredded like a pork sandwich. If he's got killer abs he's going to be around a while.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Clarke's going to bridge the divide between Wonkru and Gagarinkru by banging the hell out of the prisoner general

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

zeal posted:

Clarke's going to bridge the divide between Wonkru and Gagarinkru by banging the hell out of the prisoner general

I hope so.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I think prison leader lady is gonna get usurped by beanie wearing dude and join up with Clarke, probably with nice prisoner from Detroit if he isn't already dead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I watched the trailer for Fox's the Passage and saw Henry Ian Cusick and now I am worried about Kane!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Colonel Diyoza owns a lot. Those sonic mining tools / weapons also own a lot :hellyeah:

Kane is too pure for this world and totally going to die soon. I thought he was actually going to die tonight since he passed on his leadership knowledge to Octavia, just like Jaha did.

I thought Raven and Murphy were going to jump into the cryo pods, not open all of them and lose all their leverage :laffo:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love that the radiation storm was strong enough to destroy every tall structure but that little room Bellamy and Octavia were talking in has plates just chilling on the walls.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I'm suprised Diyoza fell for that blatant lie by the lieutenant about being locked out of the missile firing controls. Two seconds earlier he was protesting about killing half the remaining human race and then going "drat that genius Raven, I'm totally locked out". He's totally going to set her free later on.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Octavia turned on her brother really fast. What was that, 5 minutes?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Octavia turned on her brother really fast. What was that, 5 minutes?

He did kinda mess with her murder thunderdome empire.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh, and insisting Kane die even after her arena justice system was rendered irrelevant. She's got (literal) tunnel vision.

CeeJee posted:

I'm suprised Diyoza fell for that blatant lie by the lieutenant about being locked out of the missile firing controls. Two seconds earlier he was protesting about killing half the remaining human race and then going "drat that genius Raven, I'm totally locked out". He's totally going to set her free later on.

Those two are gonna hook up. Absolutely happening.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CeeJee posted:

Dude is going to regret not sealing Juancru back in their bunker when all those malnourished survivors start attacking whatever settlement they start in the valley.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
as always and ever, Abbie is the worst

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I lub dis show

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
what's the betting that by the end of this season Monty reaches the conclusion that Jasper was right

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe
So it's aliens next...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love how when Bellamy comes down into the Bunker we see Octavia's reaction. When Clarke does we see the reaction of HER PEOPLE!!!!

If the show misses out on the opportunity to split Wonkru down the middle the moment Clarke starts to buck against Octavia's leadership w/r/t this war they're entering, then it will be a huge missed opportunity. Surviving Primfaiya like that will surely rocket Wanheda to god tier status.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Foul Ole Ron posted:

So it's aliens next...

Turns out the Eligius 3 went to the hell dimension.

The 100 s6: Event Horizon

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Turns out the Eligius 3 went to the hell dimension.

The 100 s6: Event Horizon

Plus side, 40k universe confirmed.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

I love how when Bellamy comes down into the Bunker we see Octavia's reaction. When Clarke does we see the reaction of HER PEOPLE!!!!

If the show misses out on the opportunity to split Wonkru down the middle the moment Clarke starts to buck against Octavia's leadership w/r/t this war they're entering, then it will be a huge missed opportunity. Surviving Primfaiya like that will surely rocket Wanheda to god tier status.

Don't forgot Clarke and her Robin are the last nightbloods.

I'm going for this... end season with 300 going to Eligius 3 and becoming skycru 3.0. New canadian forest set, twin suns cgi... rinse repeat death toll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Foul Ole Ron posted:

So it's aliens next...

Clarke's chance to genocide an entire species? I'm fuckin down.

• Locked thread