Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Could someone let me into TIME Snake? CptTheron#1435. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
What's the loot progression for warmind, I'm 345 and unclear on what to do to raise it

Heroic strikes is recommending 350 but is only giving 335-340 gear which is a bit baffling

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you do the raids and the milestones.

important to note that raid drops should be upgrades all the way up to 370, so you will be seriously handicapping yourself if you don't do them.

also did some competitive tonight. we didn't do too hot, but we finished at glory 70 after getting a high of 95, we probably went around +115 and -45. like i thought, due to the gains/losses being independent of your enemy skill it seems like it will mostly be a function of how much time you're willing to put in, not your individual skill.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Boy I love hate this new lore in which the Ares mars mission to go meet the Traveler was scraped together in 60 days with a crew of complete strangers and flown literally the day after one of the crew died (without replacing her?) This is how space travel works! There definitely aren’t any painstakingly prepared crews with thorough backup rosters or arrrrrgh

Bonus deep lore: the Traveler was apparently named for the thing you’re not supposed to do in basketball 🏀

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
dude got a claymore already, 86 wins with no losses. doesn't seem that bad.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What's the loot progression for warmind, I'm 345 and unclear on what to do to raise it

Heroic strikes is recommending 350 but is only giving 335-340 gear which is a bit baffling

Tease out powerful engram upgrades, I did Clan -> Crucible -> Flashpoint -> Heroic -> Nightfall

Now gonna do -> Raid -> Prestige Raid -> Raid layer

Drop heroic and do it later honestly, optimal path would probably be:

Softcap -> Clan -> Crucible/Flashpoint/Nightfall -> Raid -> PResitege -> Lair -> Heroics

you wanna split up regular raid and prestiege, so the drops can be in your inventory to increase the prestige drops

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 10, 2018

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

dude got a claymore already, 86 wins with no losses. doesn't seem that bad.

Nice, now play competitive for the rest of the season together prevent scrubs from getting it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ended at 152 from solo queueing. Maybe I'll make it to the Claymore on my own....

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

HATECUBE posted:

just realized this came out yesterday and patched

got in and DIM doesn't work, i was reunited with the concept of not being able to manage inventory in game

then i thought about the new not-raid, i was reunited with the concept of not being able to find people to group with in game

then i read about the PS4 exclusive strike, i was reunited with the concept of the game existing as a serialized slot machine experience like a simpsons scratch-off lottery ticket

then i saw DESTINY 2 COMET and remembered the lawsuit that unsealed the roadmap for the expansions and 2 sequels that will be absolutely the loving same, and i uninstalled before getting to mars

you forgot to reunite yourself with 50 slot shader inventory because the task of increasing item inventory to 300 was so monumental it nearly broke Bungie's coders backs, expecting them to do the same to shaders is just cruel.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Geonetix, I updated the Euro clan in the OP for you. Mind saying a few words so the new/old Euro players know what to do?

Sure!

So, the euro's decided it was easier and maybe more meaningful to restart the euro clan instead of purging old people -- literally 80% of the people int he clan weren't playing anymore, including the admins. We started afresh, and join us - the happy hardworking core of the clan - into laying ruin on mars. :).

To join, follow these two simple steps:

Just apply to our clan here: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=3098751
And join our discord and rattle the cages (post game name and SA profile) in #claninvtes: https://discord.gg/EMrKWZD

FYI, people are still moving over from the old clan, so it looks emptier than it really is ;-).

Ta

geonetix fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 10, 2018

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

There's gonna be a slight delay in many of us transferring because of the clan engram lockout, but the discord is the most important part anyway.

Pretty decent flurry of activity amongst us Euros (with a smattering of daytime-US), but the core of us had still been playing semi-regularly pre-Warmind anyway.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sucks they still haven't done anything about shaders/shader tab, particularly with all the other stuff that shares that tab too.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Extra power weapon damage & ammo + Solar burn + Solar Linear Fusion Rifle is a lot of fun during heroic strikes. Tarantula was basically my primary weapon in strikes yesterday since it 1-shots almost every yellow bar and bonus heavy ammo drops.

5 shots took down the tanks in Arms Dealer :boom:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

General Battuta posted:

Boy I love hate this new lore in which the Ares mars mission to go meet the Traveler was scraped together in 60 days with a crew of complete strangers and flown literally the day after one of the crew died (without replacing her?) This is how space travel works! There definitely aren’t any painstakingly prepared crews with thorough backup rosters or arrrrrgh

Bonus deep lore: the Traveler was apparently named for the thing you’re not supposed to do in basketball 🏀

This is a game where they contrived a reason for respawning all the time and you can stop the biggest threats in the universe with a couple hundred bullets, I dont think it cares much about realism

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also I will only reinstall this game for sparrow racing. you hear that you bungie fucks??

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Control Volume posted:

This is a game where they contrived a reason for respawning all the time and you can stop the biggest threats in the universe with a couple hundred bullets, I dont think it cares much about realism

he wrote a bunch of the D1 lore

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Attn: CBP: Post your bnet ID and I'll get you clanned in

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

he wrote a bunch of the D1 lore

Lol welp.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Control Volume posted:

Also each of the enemy factions apparently has some way to interfere with that resurrection ability but none of them make deploying whatever it is everywhere priority 1 when engaging guardians.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shifty Pony posted:

Also each of the enemy factions apparently has some way to interfere with that resurrection ability but none of them make deploying whatever it is everywhere priority 1 when engaging guardians.

I was under the impression only the Hive can do it at will. The Vex can delete Guardians from existence if they have local control over reality while the Cabal and Fallen are basically defenseless? Aside from just shooting the Ghost that is.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Hive do space magic, Vex delete you but only if they can overcome the deeply noncomputable and nonphysical nature of Guardians, Fallen steal/shoot/smash the Ghost and Cabal drop orbital artillery on their own fighting positions.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Eej posted:

I was under the impression only the Hive can do it at will. The Vex can delete Guardians from existence if they have local control over reality while the Cabal and Fallen are basically defenseless? Aside from just shooting the Ghost that is.

I was more talking about the in-game experience of respawning-restricted zones indicating such technology must exist. Because what other explanation would there be for something like the open to the sky final area of the Arms Dealer strike not having enough Light sloshing about for a ghost to do whatever it is the lore calls it when they bring you back unassisted, while the ground right below that ship is perfectly acceptable.

On the other side of it, if the conditions for a no-backsies zone are just random natural occurrences of low-Light density, why wouldn't you encounter them just strolling around the surface?

I mean as a gameplay mechanic it makes perfect sense to lock out unassisted respawn in boss fights and not make crashing your sparrow in the wrong pit perma-fatal, but trying to dress it up in lore about why is always going to fall apart.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

General Battuta posted:

Hive do space magic, Vex delete you but only if they can overcome the deeply noncomputable and nonphysical nature of Guardians, Fallen steal/shoot/smash the Ghost and Cabal drop orbital artillery on their own fighting positions.

Lol yeah okay sure buddy, why should we believe you, random internet guy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's established lore that you can just hit the Ghost with a rock and smash it and the Guardian becomes mortal

Cabal just carpet bomb areas to presumably blow up guardian and ghost simultaneously

Darkness zones are like when you have bad cell reception and your ghost can't connect to the Light

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Darkness zones occur wherever there’s a high chance of death because your Ghost has fewer parallel quantum realities where you’re alive to work from I just made this up

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

General Battuta posted:

Darkness zones occur wherever there’s a high chance of death because your Ghost has fewer parallel quantum realities where you’re alive to work from I just made this up

Works for me! :v:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons in HOTDOG PARTY, Tasty Hot Doggos:

Switch over to HOTDOG. I’m making this the default clan now and I’m going to make this super active. I am determined for us to be one of 8 active guilds in the entire game and I couldn’t be more excited. We will populate Mercury again.

Again, if you’re in HOTDOG PARTY or Tasty Hot Doggos, apply here: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=2073935

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Hey all. I just got the game from the Humble Bundle. I guess blitzing through the story is the first order of business. Can't wait to get to the end and become a bitter veteran.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Goons in HOTDOG PARTY, Tasty Hot Doggos:

Switch over to HOTDOG. I’m making this the default clan now and I’m going to make this super active. I am determined for us to be one of 8 active guilds in the entire game and I couldn’t be more excited. We will populate Mercury again.

Again, if you’re in HOTDOG PARTY or Tasty Hot Doggos, apply here: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=2073935

Just applied as CPOWiggles

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

General Battuta posted:

This is canon then

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Why is the traveler named for a basketball foul they don't even call :wtc:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Anyone have some details from destiny 1's deep lore for the major players like the traveler (it traveled here), the darkness (its the enemy), the fallen (their empire or whatever fell), the vex (theyre hard to understand), the cabal (large faction of warmongers), and the hive (its a hivemind)?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

General Battuta posted:

I thought the first time you said it was just a joke, but this is a real thing? What? Why?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Yeah! Let's hear some wild rear end behind the scenes at Bungie poo poo!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

I thought the first time you said it was just a joke, but this is a real thing? What? Why?

quote:

"Always reach for understanding and compassion."

Qiao Supplemental
Project Catamaran
Clubhouse Gymnasium
A/V Recording
Path to Ares: 30 Days to Launch

Hardy: What, you don't play basketball?

Qiao: Of course I do.

Hardy: Okay, so me and Mihaylova against you and Evie.

Evie: Oh, we'll wipe the floor with you.

Mihaylova: Don't be so sure.

Hardy: How's the nav coming?

Qiao: All told, beautiful. With Mihay's AI and Evie's theories—

Evie: We don't want to accidentally run into it.

Hardy: It?

Evie: Moon X.

Mihaylova: Agh!

Evie: Too slow.

Hardy: Hey! No traveling.

Evie: Sorry—

Qiao: Got it.

Hardy: Not so fast—

Qiao: Two points. You want to talk about fast.

Evie: Wait. Wait.

Hardy: Huh. Okay. What?

Evie: Traveling. Moon X. Look, we need to stop even thinking of it as a satellite or a false moon. It's big, but it acts alive— this thing moves with purpose. It's a visitor. It's… a Traveler.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

General Battuta posted:

Because you can't call the Traveler because it won't answer :pseudo:

e: Your actual answer ruined my stupid joke

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

i thought you were joking

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[Bungie Developer Voice] We have purposely designed it wrong, as a joke

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Haha why would they do this

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
an astronaut, thinking as hard as he's ever thought in his life, a basketball under his arm: you see, the big white orb is like... a traveler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

an astronaut, thinking as hard as he's ever thought in his life, a basketball under his arm: you see, the big white orb is like... a traveler

• Locked thread