Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

T-Bone posted:

Like Rinne seriously looks like a really intense beer league goalie sometimes, he's so manic. It's weird as hell to see since like every goalie coach these days ascribes to the less movement is better philosophy even the guys teaching lunatics like Quick

Even Quick is very controlled in his movements. Rinne's push offs and movement look uncontrolled and uncoordinated all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

T-Bone posted:

Like Rinne seriously looks like a really intense beer league goalie sometimes, he's so manic.

The beer leaguer that played for the Blackhawks earlier this year did a lot better in the first 8 shots he saw :v:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/994737267167068160

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
NOW if you want to see the next tiny goalie superstar watch this Saros fella, he is a gem and his lateral movement is prime *kisses fingers* Kipper

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
yo Nashville stop playing not to lose you're already losing

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

T-Bone posted:

I like little guys who challenge and do weird poo poo like Quick but he looks smooth doing it at least and his movement is calculated, Rinne looks like he's constantly hulking up

Oh yeah but Quick is 6'1 and Rinne is 6'5. If you're 6'5 and moving around all over you're just opening up holes unless you're super controlled and great at anticipating the play

Rinne seems really athletic for a big guy but not particularly good at playing controlled

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Preds still gonna win

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

T-Bone posted:

NOW if you want to see the next tiny goalie superstar watch this Saros fella, he is a gem and his lateral movement is prime *kisses fingers* Kipper

Saros is actually pretty good. Rinne during the regular season was better, but I felt that if Rinne went down, it wasn't OH GODS WE'RE hosed compared to the Jets if they lose Connor.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

T-Bone posted:

As bad as Nashville is this series, and Rinne in particular, the bright spot is that hopefully it means Saros gets his time in the limelight next season, because he's gonna be fuckin' great.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

T-Bone posted:

yo Nashville stop playing not to lose you're already losing

From a good spectator product perspective, even though I sort of prefer Nashville to win, them getting behind early is probably the best thing to happen.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Levitate posted:

Oh yeah but Quick is 6'1 and Rinne is 6'5. If you're 6'5 and moving around all over you're just opening up holes unless you're super controlled and great at anticipating the play

Rinne seems really athletic for a big guy but not particularly good at playing controlled

Bishop was so good at just being big and not moving a lot, just sound positioning and calculated movements.

Too bad about his gaborik legs tho

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

T-Bone posted:

Rinne is a super high energy goalie with a lot of extraneous movement and when he's good he looks near unbeatable but when he's bad he looks like this, just a twitchy mess

Otherwise known as the Marc-Andre Fleury school of goaltending

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

No one touched Rinne’s bum to make him feel better :(

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Saros is the best goalie prospect in the league I think if we can still call him that, although we'll see how good these mystery Russians the Islanders/Rangers/Caps have are and that WHL guy the Flyers have is

Ginette Reno posted:

Otherwise known as the Marc-Andre Fleury school of goaltending

Fleury hasn't been doing it this playoffs sadly although I still see his brain activating to do weird poo poo behind the net but then he stops himself

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

5.26 GAA in losses this series for Rinne. :stonklol:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

CBJSprague24 posted:

5.26 GAA in losses this series for Rinne. :stonklol:

yeah no poo poo

goddamn

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
A classic PK dive.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I like Austin Watson cuz his name rhymes and sounds like a country music band.

The Austin Watson antebellum funk band

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

Bishop was so good at just being big and not moving a lot, just sound positioning and calculated movements.

Too bad about his gaborik legs tho

loving Ben Bishop I hated him so much with the Lightning because he owned the gently caress out of the Rangers (though they did alright on him in the playoffs)

why couldn't his legs have exploded earlier

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

100% a dive and I don't care at this point, go Preds, continue to fail to score on the power play.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Now give up a soft shorthanded goal

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

not so much a dive as a calculated play to draw a penalty IMO.

Crosschecking a guy in the back is crosschecking a guy in the back but Subban kinda set the whole thing up

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

PK

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
SUBBAN!!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

hey I know how to run a PP let's setup a poo poo rear end slow one timer from a bad angle that sounds good

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The diver has become the divee

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

P K SUBBAN

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Wonderllama posted:

The diver has become the divee

I don’t know what this means

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
an impressive ping

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

PK is the greatest

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

cool my feed is enough behind that I can enjoy the expectation of a pk goal

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Subban scores on the PP when he should be in the loving box. Jets better get a makeup call

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
That's a good shot!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:siren: DISRESPECTED :siren:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
there we go (although I like the Jets too!) let's have a good game 7

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

A Typical Goon posted:

Subban scores on the PP when he should be in the loving box. Jets better get a makeup call

Sorry, that was the makeup call for Ellis getting a punch to the face.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Ping Krossbar Subban

(It wasn’t the crossbar)

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Levitate posted:

cool my feed is enough behind that I can enjoy the expectation of a pk goal

there it is!

It's interesting to me how some guys are just so much better at getting dangerous shots through to the net on the PP. Guys like Subban, Shattenkirk is great at scoring on wrist shots from the blueline, it's nuts

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I cant watch this game or I will puke because deep down I know no Canadian team will ever win the Cup again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I hope Winnipeg wins.

• Locked thread