Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Baseball...on Coach's...Corner...in Game 7...

Canada Catfish > American Catfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
ANOTHER GREAT COACH'S CORNER

WITH DON AND THE ENORMOUS CATFISH HE CAUGHT ONE TIME

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I also like the part where the Habs traded Subban because Weber would be better in the playoffs and

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Cherry spared the Catfish God and was granted one wish.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
That was a great coach’s corner for the translator guy. Holy hell.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Le Saboteur posted:

Don Cherry doesn't care about black people.

On the contrary, historical footage from his prospector days suggests he cares quite a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZT7xLjxuhs

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Roenick kissing Wilson's rear end.

Can't wait to see which Lightning player he murders in the ECF.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Cherry is awful for sure but that was the divingest dive that ever dived. It was so blatant.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DuhSal posted:

Cherry is awful for sure but that was the divingest dive that ever dived. It was so blatant.

Now please explain why Ryan Ellis getting punched in the face was a non-call :allears:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

ThinkTank posted:

I also like the part where the Habs traded Subban because Weber would be better in the playoffs and

I still can't believe how bad that trade was

I'm not even a huge Subban fan but what a loving bad trade

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

iospace posted:

Now please explain why Ryan Ellis getting punched in the face was a non-call :allears:

playoff hockey that's why

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I'm gonna go ahead and be "totally wrong and dumb" but man that bobby orr goal is lame when you actually see it on video versus the picture

you think he did some awesome flying through the air diving goal and instead he's just cruising across the goal mouth, scores, and then jumps in the air

so much less cool than it looks in picture

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Levitate posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and be "totally wrong and dumb" but man that bobby orr goal is lame when you actually see it on video versus the picture

you think he did some awesome flying through the air diving goal and instead he's just cruising across the goal mouth, scores, and then jumps in the air

so much less cool than it looks in picture

I've seen it a billion times and basically have always thought this.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

iospace posted:

Are you talking about the elbow backing into the chest and the Preds player flung his head back? I didn't see a punch anywhere but I could have missed it. Anyway, they didn't call the embellishment and Preds had two PPs to Jets none, so the Preds are still up.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Preds going with the bold strategy of repeatedly turning the puck over to see if that leads them to victory.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Armia still the best Finn.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

imagine getting repeatedly owned by adam lowry

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

ThinkTank posted:

Preds going with the bold strategy of repeatedly turning the puck over to see if that leads them to victory.

They've been doing this the entirety of the playoffs, and I can't figure out if someone actually told them to do this poo poo, or if they saw Forsberg do some fancy puck tricks and collectively decided they wanted some of that action at the worst possible time.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

That was mad interference

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

ThinkTank posted:

The penguins tried this...

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

did peirre just say the preds are moving the puck much better this period

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah Morrisey’s was crosschecking but that’s not interference ok

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

That was mad boarding

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

seemed within the realm of the play and not too late

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
Trouba decides to execute the worst possible pass.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Subban needs skating lessons it seems

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DuhSal posted:

Trouba decides to execute the worst possible pass.

And the gets shown up by Saros

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I feel like that was Winnipeg's best shift all game

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Every single guy in this game look like they're playing hockey with teammates for the first time in their life.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

kenny albert's the best

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

They knew that was horseshit from day one, Subban had already been deep in the playoffs a few times where Weber never was.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I miss Rinne..

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I just remembered that Trouba's dad was so sure he'd be a phenom he made an official Trouba app expecting to have sponsorship pour in and the only group that ever signed up was a water company that quickly pivoted into energy drinks before folding.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

everyone who thought montreal won that trade is a huge racist

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They knew that was horseshit from day one, Subban had already been deep in the playoffs a few times where Weber never was.

"Modern Montreal"

"Deep in the playoffs"

Sure! :v:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Stiev Awt posted:

everyone who thought montreal won that trade is a huge racist

if nothing else, PK is 4 years younger and his contract actually ends 3 years earlier than Webers, even though the cap hit is 1.15 mill higher

I mean holy poo poo all around that's loving dumb

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

iospace posted:

"Modern Montreal"

"Deep in the playoffs"

Sure! :v:

hey remember when they made it to the conference finals and then *something* happened to Price?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
That's icing you idiot

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Levitate posted:

if nothing else, PK is 4 years younger and his contract actually ends 3 years earlier than Webers, even though the cap hit is 1.15 mill higher

I mean holy poo poo all around that's loving dumb

Yeah, but Weber's contract is about as lovely as what Ken Holland gives, if not worse.

(Thanks Holmgren)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Levitate posted:

hey remember when they made it to the conference finals and then *something* happened to Price?

This gives me heartburn

• Locked thread