Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Carlosologist posted:

it's hard not to feel super happy about this team, almost everyone is homegrown and seeing them bloom in the bigs just makes me (personally) feel great

Oh for sure. Strong shades of essentially 95 and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

mikeraskol posted:

I need to stop being so negative, because when I see these ridiculous comeback wins in the 7-8-9th innings, all I can think is that they can't keep this up and its unsustainable, and these will turn into losses later. I need to learn to enjoy the ride.

Enjoy the wins. There will be times when we don't come back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just lol if you think the Yankees will lose another game

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Might as well go buy some lottery tickets while we are at it. Can't lose.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

I need to stop being so negative, because when I see these ridiculous comeback wins in the 7-8-9th innings, all I can think is that they can't keep this up and its unsustainable, and these will turn into losses later. I need to learn to enjoy the ride.

I guess if some of these turn to losses it wouldn't really matter though because you don't win 17 of 18 without a bunch of luck and that pace won't keep up for the rest of the year.

alternatively, there is fundamentally no difference between runs scored in the 8th inning vs. runs scored in the 3rd inning other than how we perceive them and what pitchers they are facing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

alternatively, there is fundamentally no difference between runs scored in the 8th inning vs. runs scored in the 3rd inning other than how we perceive them and what pitchers they are facing.

This is what made me so mad about the "Judge is bad in the clutch and actually is a bad hitter!" hot takes last year. Dude made it so that there were no "close and late" PAs in a ton of games, I was fine with him being bad in the few spots that fell into that bucket in 2017.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mikeraskol posted:

I guess if some of these turn to losses it wouldn't really matter though because you don't win 17 of 18 without a bunch of luck and that pace won't keep up for the rest of the year.

Of course they can't keep this up but they are banking wins and as long as their bad runs are like 9-9's like they did in April, they will win the division easily.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Especially when those wins are coming against the division.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
David Price is terrified of the Yankees: Confirmed.

https://twitter.com/IanMBrowne/status/994665559517286401

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

Everyone should be the way we are hitting right now.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't believe DNP-Shook is a real thing that just happened

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Carlosologist posted:

Thanks, I just spit water all over my keyboard from that.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Carlosologist posted:

:perfect:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Maybe the Yankees should trade for David Price... Then he wouldn't have to pitch against them.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

This umpire looks like he placed a bet on the Red Sox tonight. Tons of borderline pitches (and a lot of balls) getting called strikes for ERod and not for CC.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I unironically love the Yankee trivia music.

Especially because it pisses Michael Kay off.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Betts' BABIP is probably like 900.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this zone has been loving terrible

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

this zone has been loving terrible

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/994738222235340800

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Boone needs to get tossed from this game and possibly even get suspended for contact because this ump's zone is horseshit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boooo

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Looks like they are trying to steal one back from us.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
This isn't looking good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

they can just rain this game out now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Guys don’t forget about the magic

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

RCarr posted:

Guys don’t forget about the magic

I believe...

we will do better next game.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
gently caress the sox, go the yankees

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Is it happening again?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL Joe Kelly is such garbage.

Joe Kelly is my favorite horrible reliever since Chris Ray.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 11, 2018

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

Is it happening again?
It happened

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

Is it happening again?

Yeeeeesssss

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

cenotaph posted:

It happened

:allears:

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

Inspector_666 posted:

https://twitter.com/IanMBrowne/status/994665559517286401

Someone called into WFAN today and said he had Lincoln Tunnel Syndrome.

I chuckled.

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
Ahahahaha!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I love the rare times when we actually beat another team with BABIP garbage as opposed to falling victim to it.

I say that but, of course, there are still at least two more innings to go :ohdear:

E: Fire Betances into the sun again.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Dellin for a 2nd inning was such a dumb dumb dumb decision by Boone. It's like he didn't learn from the last time he tried this. Why the gently caress do they have Hale and Cole on the roster if they're not going to use them?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Why are they using Betances for 2 innings?

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
Stupid hubris. Always loving me as soon as I post.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

man, this bullpen really misses Kahnle and Warren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

man, this bullpen really misses Kahnle and Warren

They miss the old Betances more.

• Locked thread