Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Moo Moo #43 chilling on the beach yesterday, watching some waves crash.

#43 Moo Moo showed up unannounced to a big group camping trip last weekend. This is her before that beach visit.

---

I don't care if it's time to wake up and pack the campsite, or where you're going, I'm just gonna stay in the tent.

Uh oh what's happening?

...Meow

...I thought this was supposed to be our new house.

I'm still not gonna come out.

This is stupid. Outside is stupid.

https://www.instagram.com/moo_squared/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
It's Kotofey's (#20) birthday
https://twitter.com/MxKotofeyka/status/994295136908693507

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Gonna touch on a couple more things about #32 - Mola

first of all, she is a super expressive cat! I put some of my favorite expressions in my last post but here are some more!

curious:

disgruntled:

another thing to note: she really does have beautiful colors. One of her legs has this very rich orangey color and her chest and belly have very beautiful cream spots. She also have a tiny fingerprint-sized gray spot on her back but I have never been able to get a good photo of it yet.

Anyway, here is a picture of those cream spots:

and here's another great one where the spot on her chest really shows up well:
(the cat in the background is her adoptive sister, she is a bit of a bully so she didn't qualify for the contest)

In wintertime she likes to cuddle up under blankets and stuff and get cozy. This is one of my favorite pictures of her doing that, although now that it's warming up this doesn't happen quite as much.

That said, even when it is warm, she still likes to crawl on top of my wife and trap her in the bed. It's not the highest quality picture but she seriously does this almost every night.

Finally I wanted to share this last picture. I don't have any reason behind it, I just think it's a really nice picture of Mola.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Vote for #58 - Süße!

Just look at this trustworthy face!

So, just in time for voting to begin my smartphone broke. Which means no new pictures until I can get it back, so at least some of these are probably ones I've already posted. Sorry!

Like every good politician, Süße can go into stealth mode to avoid hard questions

If work is to be done, she will sleep

If you need to do some work, she will seek out the most awkward place to stop you dead. (Here, Süße prevents laundry.) The perfect politician: Always a hindrance!

In conclusion, vote for the perfect lady, #58 - Süße

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
First round voting ends tomorrow. The top 25 advance to the next round.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856045

2nd round voting will be in GBS and I won't have to count manually so campaigning will be allowed inside the checkbox polling place.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
#28 Phyrexian Obliterator appreciates all of the votes. Or she would if she wasn't so focused on bad movies.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Mia (#10) has recently taken over as "cat on the desk". Normally Yori is the one that just sort of casually hangs out by my trackball. So I was able to get a close-up of Mia as she lounges next to me (and blessedly without slamming her head against my trackball hand, causing me to click all over where I do not want to click.)

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

CloFan fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 11, 2018

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Aaaaagggghhhhh This is too hard! I can't afford to vote for everycat! I love them all!

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Khazar-khum posted:

Aaaaagggghhhhh This is too hard! I can't afford to vote for everycat! I love them all!

I notice you don't have an avatar. Would you like one? Cats 8,9, and 10 could use some votes, and if they had another one I could maybe help you out.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Are we gonna get a new thread for the next round of campaigning? I dunno how many folks starting from page one will get this far

Zealander
Aug 3, 2006
The one on the right died today. Put down. Rest in Peace, Athos. Best Cat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Zealander posted:

The one on the right died today. Put down. Rest in Peace, Athos. Best Cat.

gently caress, I'm sorry.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Are we gonna get a new thread for the next round of campaigning? I dunno how many folks starting from page one will get this far

Campaigning will be allowed in the 2nd vote thread and the final vote thread and this one will stay open too. 3 places to stump for your faves.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Section 9 posted:

I notice you don't have an avatar. Would you like one? Cats 8,9, and 10 could use some votes, and if they had another one I could maybe help you out.

It didn't qualify as a real political race until the mudslinging and bribery began. :911:

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pictured: Charlie Cat (#68) In Happier Times

Pictured: Charlie Cat (#68) After Realizing He Might Be A First Round Elimination

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

SickZip posted:

Pictured: Charlie Cat (#68) In Happier Times

Pictured: Charlie Cat (#68) After Realizing He Might Be A First Round Elimination

To compete is to win.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 12, 2018

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Go here and vote your votes.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856667

and campaign there if you want. This thread stays open too so go nuts.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 12, 2018

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

dee eight posted:

Nice! Since it's your stuff, feel free to distribute them as you like. Maybe even a secondary contest/random drawing/raffle/whatever suits your kind self.

Mistle posted:

Consider a secondary contest of arbitrary decision regarding "most dramatic pose", "best propaganda" etc. ?

And my laptop died. Long live my laptop! I should be getting the new one on Monday so I don't have to type everything out on mobile.

I like the secondary contest of arbitrary decision-making, starting with the eliminated first round. For example, Chloe is the Best Cumulonimbus Cloud Masquerading as a Cat.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

queserasera posted:

And my laptop died. Long live my laptop! I should be getting the new one on Monday so I don't have to type everything out on mobile.

I like the secondary contest of arbitrary decision-making, starting with the eliminated first round. For example, Chloe is the Best Cumulonimbus Cloud Masquerading as a Cat.

I nominate Suka for best color pattern.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

queserasera posted:

I'll nominate #1 Anastasia for them toes and being the first to the starting line. Also there were some p cool white cats in my life.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Just had to break the news to Mini that he didn't make it through to round 2.

He seems unphased. I think we could all learn an important lesson from this. Never care, always nap.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Almost looks like the cat is rolling in weed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

That Robot posted:

Almost looks like the cat is rolling in weed.

it's cat weed

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I got 99 problems but..
yeah problems..

gently caress it i ain't got no problems come hit some this poo poo dude

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

cptn_dr posted:

Never care, always nap.

best cat 'tude

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

peep this random cat

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

queserasera posted:

If we want to establish a runners-up prize pool, I've got Steam keys to weird video games to throw in thanks to Humble Monthly.

I was thinking that instead of just donating my default on the bet I would buy platinum/avatars/GCs for folks as rewards. I think it was mentioned before, but how does it work with buying upgrades for other users? Buy a GC and send a PM to which mod?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

cptn_dr posted:

Just had to break the news to Mini that he didn't make it through to round 2.

He seems unphased. I think we could all learn an important lesson from this. Never care, always nap.

He looks like two of my cats hosed, which is weird because one died years before the other was born.

Also those claws are purdy. Like cute little fangs poking out but on his feets.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Down to the wire. Go vote here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857561

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i went to china and had the best cat ever there

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

*band plays Pomp and Circumcision*

Congratulations to Butterscotch, the Very Best Cat of 2018. Thanks to everyone who participated and donated. Though it wasn't a huge financial success, we did manage to raise about 1% of the taxman's deductible and get a shitload of good cat pics. You all own (a very small piece of Lowtax's spine).

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yaaay, Butterscotch!

Not even the hiss tape scandal could stop you!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

A well deserved win for a very good cat.
Rexy is still queen of my heart though.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Vote dates changed - spoiled election !!!

:argh:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 24, 2018

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Hermie Sanders 2020

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The op put a ton of effort in here, and raised a ton for the lowtax bone fund.

Really this deserves the goldmine. Just say if you want it there Dee.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Suka celebrates not having to campaign like a sucker.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Congrats to all the good, hard-working cats in this thread. I was rooting for Speedball and her adorable weird face, but every cat here is a winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.
Is there a way to vote for all the kitties :3

• Locked thread