Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Also more pertinently it's 30 minutes to deadline and this game is not a bastion of high participation.

:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Moatillata (4): GeneX, Anomalous Amalgam, IcePhoenix, -Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin, BottleKnight, -BottleKnight, IllegallySober
IcePhoenix (3): Moatillata, Atomic Soda, Podima

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, BottleKnight, SalTheBard, Slamburger

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 09th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 31 minutes from this post.

:]

O gently caress I assumed deadline was midnight O_O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

Ice's push on you is self-admittedly omgus and all he's done is go for Yami yesterday building from a flavor justification (which he checked with you two on first yes, but that could also be viewed as a quiet safety check before putting it out in the thread). He tried to draw a connection between Yami and Asiina but it's very tenuous. It's also still notable that Keane was pushing back on the flavor thing with Ice yesterday, and died last night. Plus there's what I pointed out earlier about how he tried to draw IS into the tiff between you and him - it's in my posts from earlier today.

Nobody else is pinging me quite as much as he is right now, and I really don't like that he hasn't re-evaluated in the light of your doc counterclaim - instead, he's just pushing harder. (Others are guilty of this too, but it's another thing on the pile.)

hmmm. this post is causing my brain to struggle and bend.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##unvote

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

IP mentions that his flavor seems to contradict Yami's Miller claim- this is well before he says anything in-thread about it. We discussed if he should post about it then and agreed to wait and see because he wasn't 100% sure it was a contradiction. Off IP's paraphrased flavor, I said mine sounded similar to his and Moat's, which led me to think for now that the three of us were town.

Atomic Soda posted:

cool wouldn't mind your assessment of

re: what icephoenix mentioned, if there is time

I'm loving up my quote but I think I sorta touched on it here? Is that what you're asking?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

BottleKnight posted:

hmmm. this post is causing my brain to struggle and bend.

Me loving too.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm having trouble parsing this. You don't like that I'm not backing off because I don't believe him?

IcePhoenix posted:

Moat's claim doesn't really change anything for me. This post

sums up my feelings about the doc claim, minus the private chat and most trusted things, obviously.

I don't really buy the vehement disbelief in a doc claim unless there's a counterclaim - and I got burned on looking for a soft counterclaim from bowmore before, so I'm not going to drive myself crazy this time.

Basically your justification for not believing his doc claim is that he didn't claim in the masonchat and he wasn't around at deadline to claim on D2. Is that what it comes down to? Because that's not enough for me.

Also, Occam's Razor. If scum is fakeclaiming, claiming doc is hella risky. I don't see someone doing that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i never in all my days would have believed that a moat/pod sicknasty tag team would be such a convincing combo ##vote icep

if i'm being bamboozled here i'm going to light my jorts on fire post game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've seen scum claim as doc successfully when they were close to victory, but I agree it would be a risky Gambit.

##vote IcePhoenix

The masonry details are murky for both, but I'm less inclined to buy IP wrt what has transpired.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Moatillata posted:

Because unless you can self protect then mafia is just gonna murder you immediately, they extremely hard to try to get the doc to claim

No I got why it's bad for a Doctor to claim. I was saying "I don't understand why people would be annoyed with you not claiming in Masonry when you have no idea of the masonry alignment"

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I will vote IP if I must but I don't feel good about it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

I don't really buy the vehement disbelief in a doc claim unless there's a counterclaim - and I got burned on looking for a soft counterclaim from bowmore before, so I'm not going to drive myself crazy this time.

Basically your justification for not believing his doc claim is that he didn't claim in the masonchat and he wasn't around at deadline to claim on D2. Is that what it comes down to? Because that's not enough for me.

Also, Occam's Razor. If scum is fakeclaiming, claiming doc is hella risky. I don't see someone doing that.

Can you explain why it's risky to fake claim a doctor?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

One of the two of them has to be the vote though and it doesn't look like there's anyone else questioning Moat's claim.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Can you explain why it's risky to fake claim a doctor?

It's a common enough role that you're more likely to get counterclaimed. I've only seen it with people on the ropes trying to draw out the real doc, but not feeling that here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

It's a common enough role that you're more likely to get counterclaimed. I've only seen it with people on the ropes trying to draw out the real doc, but not feeling that here.

O gotcha that makes sense.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, fine.

##unvote

##vote IP

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

:redhammer:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SalTheBard posted:

No I got why it's bad for a Doctor to claim. I was saying "I don't understand why people would be annoyed with you not claiming in Masonry when you have no idea of the masonry alignment"

Ah, apologies for moatsplaining to you then

:tipshat:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Moatillata posted:

Ah, apologies for moatsplaining to you then

:tipshat:

It's ok. My post wasn't exactly the easiest thing to understand.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 3 Votecount :c:

IcePhoenix (6): Moatillata, Atomic Soda, Podima, BottleKnight, Anomalous Amalgam, IllegallySober
Moatillata (3): GeneX, Anomalous Amalgam, IcePhoenix, -Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin, BottleKnight, -BottleKnight, IllegallySober, -IllegallySober

Not Voting (2): SalTheBard, Slamburger

:h: With 11 players alive, it took 6 votes to be executed.

======================================================

A third day, and still no closer to winning.

:s: IcePhoenix, Ramon, Student (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 3. :s:

Night actions asap.

And sal for the love of god stop posting when you're not supposed to post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Light on the flavor tonight, sorry friends.

Sal died, it was very sad.

:s: SalTheBard, Padraig, Mage (town-aligned insane cop), was burned alive from the inside out (ooo gruesome!) night 3. :s:

It is now Day 4

:h: With 9 alive it takes 5 to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Sunday, May 13th, ~11PM EDT.

Good luck!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Good morning I was bashed over the head and role blocked

Also lmao I was protecting an insane cop this whole time

##vote podima

He was posting like he knew I was town and this is a setup and he is gonna miraculously turn against me during this game day to set up my lynch

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Good morning I was bashed over the head and role blocked

Also lmao I was protecting an insane cop this whole time

##vote podima

He was posting like he knew I was town and this is a setup and he is gonna miraculously turn against me during this game day to set up my lynch

Who did you attempt to target?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sal being the insane cop is hilariously cruel but also apt

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Good morning, I'm replacing Asiina. I caught up with the game while the thread was closed. I have some notes on my laptop and will share them later (on my phone now). My initial scum reads are on Podima and AA.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

Who did you attempt to target?

You this time

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Moat

I find it highly unlikely that you are actually a doctor. Unlike others, I get holding onto that information in the masonry, but I feel like you were just making a Gambit.

Moatillata posted:

Oh poo poo I just got my role pm and I am going to have to care for a young Natalie Portman i don't think I'm ready for this responsibility
Flavor crumb for the name Leon. You admit to this, but even so... Why was this a defense for you? How does the name Leon make you a town doctor.

Moatillata posted:

I think ninth was murdered bc of his PR

Which is p funny to me
This still strikes me as odd.

Moatillata posted:

I think Yami's claim is a gambit

Also I don't really agree with his(her?) Cases

##vote yammi

Please don't turbo me tonight I am gonna be out and unable to defend myself

Can someone look up who was complaining about TNLs PR bc they are probably scum too

Deflecting work onto other players, seeking amnesty for really not great play up to that point...

Moatillata posted:

I'm getting around to it but I couldn't let my desire to be culted go unsaid

Do you think Sal is scum? Why do you think keane was the target? Do you think the cult cop is a red herring like last game?

Questions no hunting.

Then you continue to tunnel pod until your drive out IP... Your Mason overview made IP look worse, but in hindsight he only really demonstrated a lack of clear conviction which is funny because you ask questions and toss votes, but have been solely fixated on tunneling Pod

I wish I had more time around that last deadline, but alas.

Then you protect your masonry member IS instead of the cop or yourself claiming to be blocked...

:thunk:

I don't buy it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll be traveling today, but should be around this evening or tomorrow

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hmm so weird that I get role blocked and now I'm getting pushed

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Or you're the roleblocker who blocked sal and preemptively tried to establish the day's narrative

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

LOL and it's just me pushing you. Way to play it up

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

LOL and it's just me pushing you. Way to play it up

Well obviously pod can't push me that would be just silly

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

What?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

So, to explain my scum read on Pod: I feel like he's directing traffic and soliciting reads (which is good), but I'm not getting enough follow up or meaningful conclusions to convince me he's of a town mindset to be trying to figure stuff out. There's no red-alert scumminess to this behavior, but that's not how experienced players usually get caught, especially in light of no scum flips so far. His interaction with Moat after Moat claimed and then posted his reads seems to be the clearest case of this:

Podima posted:

Anyone still on Moat for not participating after this post should feel bad. Good to have you back, buddy.

P.S. I watched Moat struggle his way through a godawful scum game under KB's steely eyes in Shine V. If he feels relaxed enough to shitpost under my chilly gaze, he's probably fine.

His reaction feels like he's revealing his mindset of "yay, the doctor claimed" which is obviously not a town sentiment.

I would expect a true town player who is soliciting so many opinions to be picking at people's reads a lot more and pressuring their inconsistencies or questionable reads. Other than the players he's specifically voting for, he seems to be happy to get any read or opinion, like he's just checking the box to make sure other people appear to be scumhunting.

Subtle points, but its my strongest read.

##vote Pod

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Also, since people were asking about masonry memberships, I see no harm in revealing that I'm not a member of any masonry.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi slamburger.

aa i'm interested you didn't say anything about slamburgers soft read of you here when you were posting. what are your thought on that?

Slamburger posted:

Good morning, I'm replacing Asiina. I caught up with the game while the thread was closed. I have some notes on my laptop and will share them later (on my phone now). My initial scum reads are on Podima and AA.

slamburgers pod read makes sense to me but want to hear from pod and bk. given numbers i'm concerned today maybe lylo.

Moatillata posted:

heh

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

You this time

Gotcha, you got greedy. I was waiting to see if you potentially claimed differently in case of a possible ninja existing, but:

I'm a Watcher. I watched Sal last night. Only Moat visited.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote moat

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

Gotcha, you got greedy. I was waiting to see if you potentially claimed differently in case of a possible ninja existing, but:

I'm a Watcher. I watched Sal last night. Only Moat visited.

Well, that's interesting.

Who were your watch targets the other nights?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Night 1: Watched Max because I was drunk and I love him very much irl, nobody visited.

Night 2: Watched moat because he was cleared as non-cult to me from Keane via masonry and I wanted to make sure that wasn't changing, nobody visited.

Night 3: Watched Sal because if Moat was legit I expected him to self-protect like he said he could, so I figured scum would go for Sal. Moat visited.

In retrospect I would have watched Sal N1 but alcohol informed my choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Slamburger posted:

His reaction feels like he's revealing his mindset of "yay, the doctor claimed" which is obviously not a town sentiment.

Also this is a stretch when the post I quoted had nothing to do with moat's claim and was actually before it?

• Locked thread