Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

nine-gear crow posted:

Joke's on you, there's no text crawl in Rogue One! :v:

I APPLAUDED IT FOR BEING DIFFERENT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dabir posted:

summary for those of us who can't stand his stupid smug voice?

He's scaling back a bit to focus on other projects.

Also he recognises that some of the stuff he does (or did) doesn't really fit in with the current style of youtube criticism videos and is rethinking his approach.

Also :words:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And my dinosaur kick continues. HoopsAndDinoMan is a channel that reviews dinosaur and other prehistoric related television programs and films. I had no idea BBC continued to make more documentaries in the Walking With: series after Prehistoric Beasts and Monsters. The pseudo documentaries with Nigel Marven look really fun, so I'll have to track them down sometime.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kim Justice posted:

I get kinda self-conscious about posting certain folk in this thread even when they're doing innocuous things because I fear accidentally creating another shitstorm.

Then people post MovieBob and no-one really cares soooo maybe I shouldn't.

That's kind of why I've been hesitant to post anything for the last couple of days, since the last real post I ended up pulling since it went against thread rules (which I blanked on :downs:)

I kind of thought maybe the post about Bob had something to do with this old video of his that I saw someone bring up, and maybe the hiatus had something to do with it, but it seems to be unrelated.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He's scaling back a bit to focus on other projects.

Also he recognises that some of the stuff he does (or did) doesn't really fit in with the current style of youtube criticism videos and is rethinking his approach.

Also :words:

I just sort of skimmed through the hiatus announcement video, and that's sort of what I got; he's taking a break to retool the format and change the scheduling. Seems like you'd only need like five minutes to explain that, provided you were being detailed about it, but then what do I know?

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 11, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Max Wilco posted:

I just sort of skimmed through the hiatus announcement video, and that's sort of what I got; he's taking a break to retool the format and change the scheduling. Seems like you'd only need like five minutes to explain that, provided you were being detailed about it, but then what do I know?
His videos would be better if he cut out half the words, and his Twitter account would be better if he cut out all of them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Doctor Spaceman posted:

His videos would be better if he cut out half the words, and his Twitter account would be better if he cut out all of them.

Oh, so he's Richard Dawkins?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I mean he just went on a twitter rant about how "more talented" people deserve to be billionaires and that any protest against this is just holding society back.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Insofar as he was a passable public figure who revealed himself as a gigantic piece of poo poo by increased internet posting, yes he seems to be following the Dick Dorkins model really closely.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terrible Opinions posted:

I mean he just went on a twitter rant about how "more talented" people deserve to be billionaires and that any protest against this is just holding society back.

luv 2 be progressive

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

At least Richard Dawkins once did important work on evolution and genetics. Movie Bob... has stupid opinions about Star Wars.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Moviebob's ideal America is the Gilded Age.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

At least Richard Dawkins once did important work on evolution and genetics. Movie Bob... has stupid opinions about Star Wars.

Way to belittle the importance of youtube movie essayists

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

corn in the bible posted:

I think you'll find that, actually, he has extolled the virtues of Super Mario Bros 3, which is at least as important as evolutionary biology.

Furthermore,

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

LGR has a new one on an iPAQ, a 2005 PDA. It's so charming to hear about LGR's college days and portable digital devices before the smartphone. Despite it being only 13 years old, devices like the iPAQ seem ancient. I especially like the part where he gets to gaming software including emulation.

Oh yeah...!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

this. this is why i dislike movie bob. he is an a psudo intellectual who leans "progressive" but only so he can spit on the "dummies" and "scum gently caress rural poor" who all deserve to die so people like bob can advance society and bring mario back from the EVIL JOCK CONSERVATIVES who ruined gaming by introducing FPS games. the dude has arrested development. i think his early stuff wasnt bad but he kinda just broke. most of his bad poo poo is on twitter. if he cut that poo poo out, he would be fine.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 11, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If you think bobs early stuff was better you clearly didn't see his reviews of watchmen or that Zack Snyder fetish film whose name eludes me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the bob curve.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arcsquad12 posted:

If you think bobs early stuff was better you clearly didn't see his reviews of watchmen or that Zack Snyder fetish film whose name eludes me

well i said wasn't bad, didnt mean great. i liked watchmen sorta though, gently caress faries or whatever that other movie was sucks rear end.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6F1maNtq1E

Bryan and Kyle review Life on the Line, a John Travolta film that's basically Armageddon, but with much lower stakes.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well i said wasn't bad, didnt mean great. i liked watchmen sorta though, gently caress faries or whatever that other movie was sucks rear end.

It's called Guardians Of Ga'Hoole, tyv much

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was thinking of Sucker Punch.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

I Before E posted:

Literally no one was thinking of Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

didn't they change the title to legend of the guardians.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

didn't they change the title to legend of the guardians.

It's called

Legend of the Guardians: Owl's of Ga'Hoole

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FoldableHuman posted:

Literally no one was thinking of Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

Well that's a shame.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

I was thinking of Sucker Punch.

sucker paunch in film robert's case.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CelticPredator posted:

It's called

Legend of the Guardians: Owl's of Ga'Hoole

Owl's

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sure got me

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You know Snyder doesn’t know how to use apostrophes. He probably uses exclamation points on every page and does tons of run-ons.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
https://protard.bandcamp.com/track/hoo-let-the-owls-out

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

God does everyone who thinks this way think if they suck up enough about these rich assholes, that they'll be able to leech off them or get put on the life shuttle to whatever dystopian space colony these jagoffs build when the Earth becomes unlivable?

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

achillesforever6 posted:

God does everyone who thinks this way think if they suck up enough about these rich assholes, that they'll be able to leech off them or get put on the life shuttle to whatever dystopian space colony these jagoffs build when the Earth becomes unlivable?

That, or they believe they will someday be a rich rear end in a top hat who flies off to a space colony.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

achillesforever6 posted:

that or the whole 'republican voters are temporarily embarrassed millionaires' thing where they think they're just around the corner of making their OWN billions if only these drat regulations/government/minorities weren't in the way!

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Likely

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
I know there's a lot of Ross's Game Dungeon fans here. One of the most memorable videos of that series was Boppin', an insanely difficult puzzle game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPygM9cBGY0

Well, it turns out that some of the difficulty is just because the game explains two very important mechanics very poorly, as explained in this new video by Ancient DOS Games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cBxBOLL3zw

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

God I hate Twitter. The way it just gets people to vomit their unfiltered id all over the world at large is the worst. I still like about half of Bob's content, but knowing what an obnoxious person and eternal 14 year old edgelord he is really irks. Not as bad as being secretly an actual neo-nazi like Jontron, but not nearly far off enough to make me anything but depressed. (I'll still defend his mega-long Batman v Superman dissection to my dying breath though, I love it)

Anyway, in "conversations that hopefully won't send Kim Justice into a frothing rage for three pages," I keep getting this channel called "The Cosmonaut Variety Hour," in my recommend feed. The fact that one of the two videos popping up is about why Star Wars Rebels is supposedly bad instead of amazing makes me want to tell youtube to fuckoff, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows him and/or if he's good.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I Before E posted:

That Zack Snyder fetish film Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

Actually, wait a minute: Snyder did the Legend of Owls movie, but prior to that, he did Watchmen, which had Owlman in it. Plus, Batman is kind of like Owlman, and he did Batman v Superman. Maybe he does have an owl fetish, and he was worried people might catch on, so he made Sucker Punch as a ruse to throw them off the trail. :raise:

Sanguinia posted:

God I hate Twitter. The way it just gets people to vomit their unfiltered id all over the world at large is the worst. I still like about half of Bob's content, but knowing what an obnoxious person and eternal 14 year old edgelord he is really irks. Not as bad as being secretly an actual neo-nazi like Jontron, but not nearly far off enough to make me anything but depressed. (I'll still defend his mega-long Batman v Superman dissection to my dying breath though, I love it)

I've seen more stuff from Bob's Twitter output that reads like neo-Nazi rhetoric then JonTron's does. The only thing awful thing that Jon's really said lately was on the whole Apu controversy, which he did follow up on somewhat.

https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/989183412085895168
https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/989364668476076033
https://twitter.com/JonTronShow/status/989364911905083392

Mind you, I'm not rushing to his defense necessarily, or trying to argue that he shouldn't apologize or try to redeem himself in anyway. For the most part, though, his output (at least on Twitter) has seemed largely just goofy and innocuous.

Bob on the other hand has said things that make it sound like he thinks that most of rural America should be extingushed in order for humanity to prosper. It's really disturbing.

https://twitter.com/estrusflask/status/995139199522299904

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

All I got from that was "You should change things by not changing the bad things I like!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

While I also dislike bob that is straight up wrong. You are deliberately choosing to only count what jon has said in the past month or so but digging up bob's stuff from years ago. Whereas say this time last year Jon was talking about how "cultural marxism" was a real thing and calling refugees rapists. Please do not defend the literal neonazi.